Finished my 8th short movie.

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Finished my 8th short movie.

Postby ShawnWatson on 02 Dec 2012, 16:10

After a shoot spanning 5-months, my newest movie is finally done.

Anyone interested?
ShawnWatson

Re: Finished my 8th short movie.

Postby dolphage on 02 Dec 2012, 19:13

Fuck, no!

Haha. only kidding, I AM actually. I like seeing the forum members display their talents and interests. Some of you guys have come up with some pretty good stuff over the years. Where can we see your short film?
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby ShawnWatson on 02 Dec 2012, 19:38

It's a part 5 of 5, so it won't make complete sense. And I got much better equipment half-way through filming, so many shots are far superior to others. Remember, I ain't Pixar or ILM, I work with very basic stuff here.
ShawnWatson

Postby dolphage on 02 Dec 2012, 20:45

There are some really beautiful shots and cool locations in this thing. It adds production value.

There's also a shitload of running!!!

The dedication to make these shorts, almost, all by your self is quite impressive.

It IS a curious accent you have here, that Scottish/American hybrid. How did that come about that again?

You ate the Dead Man's Apple!
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby ShawnWatson on 02 Dec 2012, 20:51

Yeah, I was hungry. And I thought it would be a funny/macabre moment. I nicked him bubble gum too.

My accent IS Scottish/American. My mum is Scottish/Irish and my dad was from Glendale, California. Hence, I sound very strange.

I am thinking about getting an anamorphic lens for my next one.
ShawnWatson

Postby Jox on 03 Dec 2012, 01:10

I'll take a look! :wink:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby ShawnWatson on 03 Feb 2013, 04:47

I took a moment to moan about my situation while shooting in early September.

The locations I used.

The version of the movie I posted in this thread is no long available as the actor who was supposed to star with me in my next one, and appears in the photograph at the end, did a 180 on me and threatened legal action unless I erased him.

Now I am in a very difficult situation, unless I get a new actor, and in the process redact Shawn is on the Trail (and Shawn's Dark Xmas before it). Finding people who are willing to help you make movies is extremely tiresome. This is a country where most people just smoke weed and wait until death. To actually go out into the world and do something (however brief, I always make sure it takes up as little of their time as possible) is just too frightening. Christ, I hate this place.
ShawnWatson

Return to Off-Topic