My 9th short movie

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

My 9th short movie

Postby ShawnWatson on 09 Mar 2013, 00:54

Shot anamorphically. :mrgreen:

This movie was never really meant to be. The actor that was due to star opposite me made legal threats (just to be a dick) over Shawn is on the Trail. The original sequels to that were supposed to be 'Killer Shawn' and 'Dead of the Shawn' but since the actor/character was no longer available I had to combine them while simultaneously digging the plot out of the hole he put me in. Thus, this movie retcons Trail as well as the original Shawn's Dark Xmas.

I am going to do one more movie in this series before I put it to rest.

It picks up right where Trail ended, btw.

ShawnWatson

Re: My 9th short movie

Postby dolphage on 09 Mar 2013, 12:25

Without knowing what kind of (verbal?) agreement you and this actor had, I'm not so sure he is in the right. He is clearly a willing participant in these shorts, so what did he think they were going to be used for?

Have you researched the matter online?
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby ShawnWatson on 09 Mar 2013, 13:27

I didn't research it. But YouTube probably wouldn't hesitate to delete movie and penalize my account. I can't imagine them delaying their strict ways just so I can argue my case.

Hey-ho, you just gotta roll with the many, many, many punches, and be more and more cynical over the ever dwindling people you attempt to trust.
ShawnWatson

Postby Jox on 12 Mar 2013, 13:35

Legal or not, "threats" are always just threats and are just meant to scare you and have their way. You most likely don't risk anything and your "actor" likely don't have a case of anything and nobody will bother taking this any further (it would be like taking a kids argument to court)... don't let yourself bully.

By the way I like your sense of composition and mood. Use your talents for a more serious plot (or that doesn't sound like a private joke or home movie) and you'll have something good you can show around and send festivals! :wink:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby ShawnWatson on 12 Mar 2013, 19:39

Jox wrote:Legal or not, "threats" are always just threats and are just meant to scare you and have their way. You most likely don't risk anything and your "actor" likely don't have a case of anything and nobody will bother taking this any further (it would be like taking a kids argument to court)... don't let yourself bully.

By the way I like your sense of composition and mood. Use your talents for a more serious plot (or that doesn't sound like a private joke or home movie) and you'll have something good you can show around and send festivals! :wink:

I was thinking of doing anamorphic remakes of Shawn's Big Decision and Curiosity Killed Shawn during the summer.

It's hard to come up with something proper and serious when you have no money, crew, or actors. But I am always working on it. :wink:
ShawnWatson

Return to Off-Topic