Comparision to Steven Seagal

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Comparision to Steven Seagal

Postby dlph on 13 Jul 2010, 02:22

Mosquito wrote:
dlph wrote:Especially, as how Seagal cranks out movies on a punctual basis-every year, just as Eastwood has done. Very similar are Clint and Steven with prolific cinematic profiles

Bold comparison.

How so?
Both are Iconic in facial features whic attract audiences
dlph

Postby Mosquito on 13 Jul 2010, 18:21

True. But I also see the resemblance between Seagal and Dwayne Johnson, even more than between Eastwood and Seagal. Both Johnson and Seagal are legendary fighters and have extraordinarily impressive eyebrows.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dlph on 13 Jul 2010, 19:21

Mosquito wrote:True. But I also see the resemblance between Seagal and Dwayne Johnson, even more than between Eastwood and Seagal. Both Johnson and Seagal are legendary fighters and have extraordinarily impressive eyebrows.

Agreed, but I do believe Seagal would and could teach Johnson and Eastwood a thing or two, if'n they was open-minded to learn
dlph

Postby dolphage on 14 Jul 2010, 02:44

Mosquito wrote:Both Johnson and Seagal are legendary fighters and have extraordinarily impressive eyebrows.

Eyebrows - YES, but neither one of them is a legendary, or any kind of, fighter. The Rock was a professional wrestler and Seagal is an Aikido practitioner/sensei. Not much to brag about as far as "fighting" goes.
dlph wrote:I do believe Seagal would and could teach Johnson and Eastwood a thing or two, if'n they was open-minded to learn

About what? Aikido? -Sure! Having an overinflated ego? Absolutely! Overeating?- Of course!
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby dlph on 14 Jul 2010, 15:36

dolphage wrote:
Mosquito wrote:Both Johnson and Seagal are legendary fighters and have extraordinarily impressive eyebrows.

Eyebrows - YES, but neither one of them is a legendary, or any kind of, fighter. The Rock was a professional wrestler and Seagal is an Aikido practitioner/sensei. Not much to brag about as far as "fighting" goes.
dlph wrote:I do believe Seagal would and could teach Johnson and Eastwood a thing or two, if'n they was open-minded to learn

About what? Aikido? -Sure! Having an overinflated ego? Absolutely! Overeating?- Of course!

That was funny dolphage :wink: Am lookin' forward to Steven Seagal LAWMAN Season 2 on A&E channel
dlph

Postby dolphage on 14 Jul 2010, 17:51

dlph wrote:That was funny dolphage :wink: Am lookin' forward to Steven Seagal LAWMAN Season 2 on A&E channel

Thank you, I have my moments. However, that is a little slippery of you, seeing as I just made a joke about your big hero. Are you by any chance employed to do PR for Mr. Seagal on different relevant forums? Or are you in any other way affiliated with him?

I've seen bits and pieces of "Lawman". They presented it as if SS actually had different superpowers. Like, in real life. It was pretty funny.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby dlph on 15 Jul 2010, 01:35

dolphage wrote:
dlph wrote:That was funny dolphage :wink: Am lookin' forward to Steven Seagal LAWMAN Season 2 on A&E channel

Thank you, I have my moments. However, that is a little slippery of you, seeing as I just made a joke about your big hero. Are you by any chance employed to do PR for Mr. Seagal on different relevant forums? Or are you in any other way affiliated with him?

I've seen bits and pieces of "Lawman". They presented it as if SS actually had different superpowers. Like, in real life. It was pretty funny.

dolphage
by no means am I a financial nor publicity representative for Mr. Steven Seagal. But I am a Steven Seagal fan, and I do support his cinematic lifestyle to entertain movie-goers. Yes, it was unusual to see Deputy Seagal behaving in a realistically peaceful and lawful manner in the first season.
dlph

Postby dolphage on 15 Jul 2010, 15:09

dlph wrote:Yes, it was unusual to see Deputy Seagal behaving in a realistically peaceful and lawful manner in the first season.

I have no ides what that means.

I DO know what this Wikipedia entry means though:

"He (Steven Seagal) says that he graduated from a police academy in California and has a certificate from Peace Officer Standards & Training (POST), an organization that accredits California police officers. In television commercials broadcast prior to the premiere of his reality television series, Steven Seagal: Lawman, he says he has been a police officer for 20 years. However, according to a December 2, 2009 Los Angeles Times commentary, P.O.S.T. has no record of this, and his deputy chief rank is ceremonial only."

Fascinating.

I have stated before that I LOVE Seagal's "one-man-army" approach to action films and appearing almost invincible in his movies. Just mowing down bad guys without breaking a sweat. I love that, it's different. Normally you would give the hero a seemingly impossible task to overcome in the third act but with SS there was never any doubt as to if he would beat the baddies or not. He always did. Easily.

Granted, I haven't seen any of his recent movies, but the old early nineties ones I really liked.

I feel that it's important for his fans to realize that he only has super powers ON SCREEN, in real life; not so much. These misconceptions (the existence of real life super powers) seem very common among action film lovers and low level martial artists. There's a tendency to want to believe in the "magical" aspect of the old martial arts. And Seagal appears to believe he has magical abilities. That's creepy to me.

Good news for the chubby one though:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... gD9GVDRA80

Sexual harassment suit dropped. Congratulations, Mr. Seagal!
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby dlph on 15 Jul 2010, 15:24

Duly noted! :?
I must admit that there are smoky things concerning SS's credentials in just about everything at times
But for the most parts, he seems to capture the minds of a select following of movie-goers
Interesting martial observation on your part
I'm only a scholastical studier of martial arts and the esoteric side as well, and there are moments that I can't help but buy into the wisdom that Sensei Steven Seagal knows what he's professing in situations that may occur in private and in street-defense applications with his years of aikido and other martial practitionings as opposed to other martial disciplines and the differences between American based/learned and Asian based(studying with martial arts masters from the old countries...Japan, China, and so on)
From what I've read as a beginner of aikido and martial arts book readings, I don't know what that means, but I think there's something to be acknowledged about Sensei Seagal's awarenesses and conclusions from his martial arts background and claimed esoteric or intrinsic powers he may have also learned from asian or far eastern meditators or flowing energy practitioners as well which from what I heard him say "higher levels of aikido and other martial arts with ki/chi/prana/inipi breathing or diaphragmatic breathing in the lower belly below the navel"?
Your observations are as good as mine :)
dlph

Postby dolphage on 15 Jul 2010, 16:40

dlph wrote:I think there's something to be acknowledged about Sensei Seagal's awarenesses and conclusions from his martial arts background and claimed esoteric or intrinsic powers

Sure, here is an "old Zen story" from the sensei.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxloUBCYuFM&feature=fvw
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 17 Jul 2010, 12:52

Fascinating. I thought there was irony involved. Apparently, there isn't. ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 30 Nov 2010, 22:24

Not bad, not bad. But Dolph wins easily.

1. He doesn't have a ridiculous hairpiece.
2. He doesn't wear a huge tent to hide a blown-up body.
3. He's Dolph fucking Lundgren. (Sorry dolphage, had to steal it)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 30 Nov 2010, 22:43

That goes without saying, that's why I left the comparison speak for itself! ;)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 30 Nov 2010, 23:24

Jox wrote:That goes without saying, that's why I left the comparison speak for itself! ;)

Hehe, you didn't take me into account then. :mrgreen:

I must say though I like the way Seagal speaks in this clip. Wow. I found something positive!
Mosquito
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic