SIN CITY

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

SIN CITY

Postby Jox on 09 Apr 2005, 08:07

I saw a screening of SIN CITY last tuesday and was very disappointed.

I thought it was very pretentious, empty and even boring (because of a constant voice over from the characters, which completely takes you out of the movie). There's a lot of great ideas and exiting visuals but it doesn't make a movie. You don't have any connection with the characters, and I hate the way the fights are filmed and choreographed.

I'm being radical with this movie because that's the kind of film I want to love, so I'm all the more pissed when it doesn't reach my demands... I'm sure I'll love BATMAN BEGINS a lot more...

Most of my american classmates loved it, so if you wanna see it don't hold back, I'm just giving my personal opinion here.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 09 Apr 2005, 12:22

Hm, sounds like Sky Captain to me... pity!

But yes, I'm looking forward to Batman Begins, too!
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 14 Apr 2005, 06:29

The DVD will be better. There were lots of cuts from the film to put all the stories together into one, and they will not be that way on the DVD. Each story will play separate with no cuts and more true to the original comics. As for the voiceovers, it was done to mimic the comic to a tee, so it will be a little strange sounding since movies are not made the same way as a comic. I did like the visuals and I loved Mickey Rourke's character.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Return to Off-Topic