Return of Arnold Schwarzenegger

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Terminator on 24 May 2005, 17:31

Well... this story might be a lil' short. It could easily end in a "Kevin- home alone" movie.
But yes, I'd also like to see him coming back, just working on new movies to present. :)

I heard about some rumors that say there is a "True Lies 2" which was changed, because the script was not very good.
Then a Terminator 4 is surely going to release. "This is just the beginning" it said.

Or the best: Arnold and Dolph working on another anti- terrorist movie...

HEY: The Defender 2... Dolph as the regular "Defender", who has the task of resqueing all of Carlifornia's politicians. Of course, they shouldn't leave out Arnie. :D
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Tom on 24 May 2005, 17:43

Arnie would have to get back into shape because he has got himself a serious lard belly since taking office. He;s lost all his muscles definition too. I think he should sstay retired and leave his fans with good memories, rather than trying to come back in his 60's. He would have to work incredibly hard to get back into action man shape.

http://www.globalarnold.com/en/news_apr_08.htm
Tom
Regular

Postby Terminator on 24 May 2005, 18:29

UH!!! This is a real pity...
And I think his "breast" would have to be operated... those flat shrivelled breats... and of course the bely... nothing more to see from his six pack... but I think he never used to have a clear six pack...

This would be really hard and long work to be compareable with his younger body.
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Dawn on 27 May 2005, 09:29

If you guys remember before T3 came out, he was in similar shape then also with a gut. He was able to get into good shape for that movie, so I have no fears that he could do it again. I really doubt he will be taking his shirt off in many of his movies anymore, he doesn't really have to sell himself as an action hero and most people would never even know the difference.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 27 May 2005, 11:13

You also have to know that he's getting very unpopular in California right now as governor. People go protesting in the streets because he's not doing what he promised, and is cutting budgets off a lot of things like education, hospitals etc. So some people there might not wanna see him even in a movie anymore... and on TV, he's making like counter attack commercials of Schwarzenegger, almost like propaganda, of him explaining selling his politic... hope Dolph never goes to politic...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 27 May 2005, 16:24

This is quite interesting to think about. But I just can't imagine which way of politics Dolph would like to prefer. In his movies he doesn't really show his real identity... seeing him in Red Scorpion and Rocky IV will surely make you doubting that he's a high intelligent person. lol
Terminator
Regular

Postby Dawn on 02 Jun 2005, 07:48

Jox wrote:You also have to know that he's getting very unpopular in California right now as governor. People go protesting in the streets because he's not doing what he promised, and is cutting budgets off a lot of things like education, hospitals etc. So some people there might not wanna see him even in a movie anymore... and on TV, he's making like counter attack commercials of Schwarzenegger, almost like propaganda, of him explaining selling his politic... hope Dolph never goes to politic...

Most people don't care after the politician is out of office and don't really hold ill will against people after the fact. It won't be enough to kill off box office profit. All those things he is doing are not things he wants to do, they are just cuts that have to be made like it or not. People realize this, and they won't really care after he is out of office, because most of him don't take him seriously as a politician anyway.

A lot of protesters in this country usually aren't too into the ideals they are protesting about. Most of them are just doing it because they like the idea of protesting or are going along with their friends!
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 03 Jun 2005, 16:13

Tom, that b/w photo on globalarnold.com was taken after his heart surgery. At least it looks exactly like the one they had on many tabloids, not telling people that he was still recovering.

But on the other hand: He's getting older and he has a job where body shape is not the no. one priority. Why not let him relax a bit. Almost nobody ever comes close to what he has achieved with his body (even if we deduct the things he achieved through steroids and other bad stuff).
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Craigie-Boy on 01 Aug 2005, 23:26

I read somewhere that, in preparation for T3, Arnie worked out three hours a day for six months, and when filming commenced, his muscle measurements were exactly the same as when he made T2 - 12 years previously! Of course, he was only in his early 40s when T2 was done...he'll be 60 soon, so he's got a helluva workout ahead of him if he wants to get back into competent shape.
I can understand that he maybe feels he's got another good film left in him, but you have to wonder whether a guy of his age could handle it, what with his operations and all. Perhaps he should hold off until we see how Stallone fares in his new Rambo movie - after all, he's even older than Arnie!
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Tom on 02 Aug 2005, 11:41

I think whoever said he was in the same shape as in T2 was talking poopy! They never realy showed him in all his glory and it was clear that he was no where near his T2 shape. He had after all stopped training seriously for years by T3 time. Hence not many shirtless appearences by the Oak in recent years after his Heart bypass.

I feel sorry for Arnold in some respects because if he returns to movies he will be doing action movies most likely and there is a certain demand to be in physical condition. The modern aciton star is kind of young and hip, not necassarily muscular, or at least as amped up as the 80's crew. The old gaurd, Dolph included have to stay in shape, stay bigger than the newbies, as that is all they can really offer. Arnie can't fall back on his acting like Stallone because his best isn't good enough to hold a film like say Copland. He could do a reasonable job in a thriller but to have good film without action you do need a decent leading man. Films with mediocre actors in, in the more serious genres, always suffer. Arnold knows his limitations, he knows he is mediocre.

I just think that returning at 60 or so into action movies is a bad idea. It will disapoint many fans, especially if for example they CG double him all the time like Chris Lee in Star Wars. Arnold could get away with it though if he become a video aciton star, which would probably happen after a few inevitable turkeys. In an ideal world Arnie would come back and work with Cameron, and then do Conan with a good director but chances are he'll do a couple of studio action movies with directors for hire, because no big name director will go out of their way to do an action film with a 60 year old guy, even Arnold. I guess that in 5 years if Arnie is doing movies he'll be doing straight to video, or be close to it. He would probably have the odd cameo role in a Rodriguez or Tarantino movie as they are both keen admirers.
Tom
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 02 Aug 2005, 23:52

And let's be honest: Why would he do such thing? He's got more than enough money, momentarily he's busy steering California, he's respected, he's kinda mighty. No reason for doing another movie except for the lust for the limelight. But as "Mr. California" he's got enough limelight, right?

PS: Yes, Sly has proven that he can act with Cop Land. But after that? I don't know about that movie "Shade" but the others are just the old action movies he used to do before. Cop Land seems to be a single phenomenon for him.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 03 Aug 2005, 02:04

Shade was pretty good, unofrtunately DTV because of the company, as Dolph found with Punisher. Stallone needs to learn to pick bettee parts, that's always been his problem. When he gets a good role he is a good performer. Rocky was a great performance.
Tom
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 04 Aug 2005, 11:25

Tom wrote:When he gets a good role he is a good performer. Rocky was a great performance.

Yes, you are right. I forgot about Rocky (ahem, don't know how that could have happened...). Rocky I still is an excellent movie.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 07 Aug 2005, 16:58

... and now I'd really like to see the fight between Mr. T (being trained by Rocky Balboa this time) and Ivan Drago, two hard core- gladiators on a superior fighting level, surely opponentes with most strenght capability. :)

Maybe Dolph ought to use some more anti age- paste so that his face might be looking like 20 years ago, the tough, fresh, clean look of Ivan Drago, still the look of perfection, ain't it???
Terminator
Regular

Postby Craigie-Boy on 06 Oct 2005, 00:26

Well apparently Stallone has confirmed that he has cast Mr. T in Rocky VI. But - not as the Rockster's opponent! Nope, seems that this time around, the Southside Slugger is merely a ringside commentator, which raises the question...who IS Rocky fighting?
We know that Dolph said he apparently hasn't been contacted by Sly, so it may not be him, but I think Sly would do well to bring back all the old faces and have Rocky fight a face from his past (namely Drago) rather than introduce a new challenger. So can we expect to see Talia Shire, Burt Young and Tony Burton back? :lol:
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Next

Return to Off-Topic