Now enjoying Dolph movies on a new TV!

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Now enjoying Dolph movies on a new TV!

Postby Dawn on 03 Jul 2005, 10:47

:D We bought a new TV and it arrived Saturday afternoon. Its a 42" LCD Rear Projection TV and looks stunning! A big improvement over the 20" CRT we had! I'll probably be watching tons of movies in the next few weeks!

Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 03 Jul 2005, 11:06

The visualisation looks quite sharpy and strongly detailed, full of colours.
Recently, I've seen a few giant "poster walls" with measures about 4x5m!! It costs around 5000€, but the graphic is quite incredible. Watching (Dolph-) movies might be a spectacle coming true. ^^
Anyway, I'd like to receive the real UNCUT versions of all movies. Without, even such a great TV won't fix the taken scenes...
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Tom on 03 Jul 2005, 19:20

Funnily enough my brother has done the same. Should be a week or two before my place gets a top range cinema set up and I didn;t pay a penny!
Tom
Regular

Postby Terminator on 03 Jul 2005, 21:17

lol. ;)
Waitin' does often repay.
I hope that I can arrange such things like an own home cinema one day. This TV has good sizes, but I'd have bought another flat plasma wide screen. Less hi- tech volume but even a larger view.
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Dawn on 05 Jul 2005, 07:31

I saw a Plasma that was cheaper than this TV, but I just can't bring myself to buy a Plasma when I know the gases will fade and I will have to get a new TV. With the LCD Projection, I just change out a bulb and in 10 minutes its like brand new! I like front projectors for displaying on the entire wall, but one with good resolution will cost you $5,000 and will not have the connections like a TV for things like games and cable. It is also harder to hide wires when you have a projector hanging from the ceiling.

I really like the fact that there is no burn-in to worry about with this type of TV. That used to be a huge problem with older CRT monitors. The only thing with LCD is the blacks are not quite as deep and if you are close enough to the screen you can see the individual pixels (screen-door effect).

For what we paid for it, it was a really good deal and should serve us well. We have much less problems with glare from the windows since the screen is flat. And since it has an HDTV tuner, we can pick up the channels with HD quality broadcasts. :D It will display 480p, 720p or 1080i resolutions. We will be watching football (NFL) this season on it and are excited about that!
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby OrbiT^ on 20 Jul 2005, 19:05

Wow that's a nice TV set !
I watch all my movies on my 19" computer screen (i have a surround sound card offcourse) because my tv is even smaller :D

Wish i had such a tv :cry:
OrbiT^

Postby Mosquito on 20 Jul 2005, 21:02

My weirdo bf had to buy yet another LCD for his computer, always hunting for the best bargain per inch. Now we could sell our TV... if the sofa would fit into our home office. ;-)
[url]http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?sku=30909&c=de&l=de&cs=dedhs1&category_id=6198&first=true&page=productlisting.aspx
[/url]

No, really, watching movies at the desktop is far too uncomfy, IMHO. I love my sofa:
Mosquito
Site Admin

Return to Off-Topic