I wrapped my short film!

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

I wrapped my short film!

Postby Jox on 14 Aug 2005, 22:17

I just finished the shooting of my short film on friday! It seems that all my efforts paid off! I had a concept in mind about a year ago and it took me about 8 months to come with the final story and script. Then the pre-production was a nightmare, I had to fire my producer and produce myself, my production designer flaked on me a week before the shoot and all kind of things happened so I had to postpone the shoot. But finally I had a great DP and a great crew to work with without whom I would never be able to finish my film. Now I hope I didn't miss anything and that everything we shot will work in the editing...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 16 Aug 2005, 18:01

Yeah! Just tell us if we can go into the movies then. ;)
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Jox on 17 Aug 2005, 19:33

It's about a woman who wakes up and finds out she's gone blind...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 12 Nov 2005, 23:35

hey guys check out my short film BLIND DOLL

it's on quicktime, the file is about 76 MB

the music has been composed, mixed and recorded by DENNIS DREITH, the composer of THE PUNISHER!

tell me what you think!

http://www.shawngrice.com/sg-film-BlindDoll.swf (preview)

http://www.blinktwice.net/films/Blind_Doll.mov (short film)

Last edited by Jox on 01 Sep 2007, 15:15, edited 3 times in total.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 13 Nov 2005, 00:10

I'll be interested to see how this turned out. I can't belioeve you got Dennis Dreith to do music. Did he do it for free?

My brother is also into filmmaking and is looking to break into the business. It;s always an advantage to get a proffesional in to help out when your trying to make a name for yourself. My brother is lucky because our uncle was in Tangerine Dream so he does the score for free, he did excellent job for my brother. It really makes a idfference with a professional music job because if you want to show your film in festivals etc you can't use copyrighted music. I loved Dennis' work on the Punisher.

I'll give you my thoughts when I see it.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 13 Nov 2005, 00:26

yes Dennis did the music for free, I have been in contact with for a few years and met him two years ago, he's a really nice guy, so I send him the script and asked him if he could recommend me to someone or help me out and he like it and agreed to do the music...

unfortunately the version you'll see doesn't have a very good quality of image because of the low compression of quicktime so you'll miss quite a lot but hope you'll like it...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 13 Nov 2005, 18:01

Yeah poor picture qaulity but I got to say that was very atmospheric. Well shot and edited and of course Dennis does a good job too. It was an interesting little story, an excellent short film. I also thought that Erica Rice was very good. A good job all round.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 14 Nov 2005, 00:25

Thanks for your comments Tom, I'm glad you liked it!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 01 Sep 2007, 15:09

Check out the new HALLOWEEN movie, my actor Daeg Faerch, the child from my short film BLIND DOLL, is playing young Michael Meyer!!!

Last edited by Jox on 03 Oct 2007, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 20 Sep 2007, 20:39

Congratulations! Good work, Jox.
Looks beautiful, sets up a great atmosphere.
Koncise, every action propells the story.

She goes blind in order to really see (no spoilers about what it is that is revealed to her)? Is that the idea?

Anyway, an efficiently told and mood laden piece.

I look forward to more good things to come.
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 21 Sep 2007, 00:10

Thanks dude, I'm glad you enjoyed and coming from you that means a lot since it's not really what we could call a Dolph "f***ing" Lundgren movie!

Also a lot of people are confused by it and don't really know what to think of it (the main thing I screwed up is the pay off)...

I hope to see more good stuff from me too, nothing's close to get off the ground yet but I'm working on more and bigger projects...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 21 Sep 2007, 00:18

And the comment you posted on youtube was awesome!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 21 Sep 2007, 13:21

i knew that the halloween boy was familiar to me ... here is the explanation !
bomaz

Postby dolphage on 21 Sep 2007, 16:05

Well, you´re talented so keep on honing your skills, I am also glad that you are self critical and can find room for improvement in your work, that is the single most important thing if you want to be good at something. Never be satisfied.
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 21 Sep 2007, 16:41

dolphage wrote:Never be satisfied.

That is something I'm good at, too good actually...

If others here have any artistic (or other) practice I'm sure they'll agree you can hardly be satisfied with your own work (or else you'd be full of shit). Things are never totally how you envisioned them. And here even though I'm not entirely dissatisfied and it's not my worst (or I wouldn't have posted it), there's so much I could and wish I would have done better. At the same time this was the most professional production that I directed (not with just a few friends and a Super8 camera), and I too had to overcome many issues on the production side so overall I still managed to complete it in a descent form!

There's another short I made a few years prior that I'd be prouder of, I'll have to get it transfered on electronic format to put it online at some point...
Jox
Site Admin

Next

Return to Off-Topic