Pretend Dolph movies!

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Pretend Dolph movies!

Postby Tom on 12 Oct 2005, 13:30

I have mentioned before my theories that when Viggo Mortenson catches a certain light he looks very similar to mr Dolph. I watched Hstory Of Violence yesderday, a great movie, and more so than any other film Viggo reminded me of Dolph on several occasions. So being quite a sad bastard I did pretend I was watching a Dolph movie. Only it was at the cinema, expertly crafted and brilliantly acted, and Dolph wasn't 6ft 5.
If you see the film there is more than a passing resemblance to Dolph in Direct Action at times, just ignore the cleft chin.

History Of Violence a great film and a great performance from Dolph Mortenson (also known is Viggo Lundgren!)

I'm going to watch Dolph's best three movies, the LOTR trilogy!
Tom
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 12 Oct 2005, 23:42

Well we all know that Dolph is The Man but honestly, if he had Viggo's acting skills, he would be a billionaire by now.

So History Of Violence was good? I'm still pondering if I should see it. Sounds very promising but it might depress me...
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 12 Oct 2005, 23:53

It is pretty violent, not for the faint hearted but there is also some dark humour to it.
Tom
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 13 Oct 2005, 07:24

Tom's right, it's a great movie. One of the best I've seen this year. Hopefully Viggo will get an Oscar nomination for his role. It has a premise that you'd often see in a Lundgren-type film but twists it around a bit. It sort of does for action films what UNBREAKABLE does for super hero films.

For years I've thought that Viggo had a bit of Dolph in him. I actually think Lundgren could have handled a lot of the parts that Mortensen has played, except maybe CARLITO'S WAY.

Mortensen did a film about 10 years ago called AMERICAN YAKUZA. Any fan of Lundgren would probably enjoy that film because you'll see even more similarities between the two.
Moltisanti
Regular

Return to Off-Topic