Gary Daniels may have quit acting!

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Gary Daniels may have quit acting!

Postby Tom on 16 Feb 2006, 14:26

According to his official site and htose who have contacted him, he's fairly sure hes gonna quit the business having been burnt by it too often. Gary was evidently not happy with Retrograde or Submerged because he wax initially promised the lead bad guy roles in both but had his role changed pretty late on.
What could be his last film is Reptilicant that looks cheaper than a Cormon movie, and again something he;'s probably not proud of. Heres the official site and trialer but it does look pretty bad.

It's sad really cause he's never had a good break. He's not a great actor but as a martial arts performer, few are better. Some of Gary's older movies a good standard martial arts flicks. Check Cold Harvest, Bloodmoon, White Tiger, Riot, Recoil and also he had a good fight with Don Wilson in Bloodfist 4. He's perhaps best known for Fist Of The Northstar which was poorly handled to say the least, and Jackie Chan's City Hunter.

I've always been a fan of Gary's and he's deserved more than he's got in his career. He was approached earlyin the pre-production for Batman Forever, to play Robin when they were looking for a martial artist. They virtually promised him the role and then back out when he return from shooting another film called Spoiler. I think Gary's just been unlucky having worked with a lot of producers who don't care about their actors.
Tom
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 17 Feb 2006, 07:00

For a long time I didn't think much of Daniels but after seeing RIOT and the extremely fun RECOIL recently I've become a bit of a fan. He was wasted in both SUBMERGED and RETROGRADE. Both of those film would have benefited greatly from either a Seagal/Daniels or Lundgren/Daniels fight.

If this is it for him it just goes to show how lucky a guy like Lundgren has been to stick around for over 20 years in the business. He may not be a mega-star but he does get to call the shots on his films.

I'll have to track down the DVD for Daniels' RAGE. I've heard that's another one of his better efforts.
Moltisanti
Regular

It Can't Be! Gary Daniels Quiting Acting? No!!!

Postby stargazerantares on 17 Feb 2006, 11:38

From what I've heard, Gary was slated to play the main villian, Dalton, in "Retrograde," but certain powers wanted him off the project. The director managed to keep him on, but in the smaller role of Markus, which Gary played nicely. Hopefully Gary will stay the course and be blessed with bigger and better roles and some luck. He's a good actor and terrific martial artist. As for "Submerged," it's rumored that Seagal cut his part way down.
Last edited by stargazerantares on 17 Feb 2006, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.
stargazerantares

Postby Tom on 17 Feb 2006, 11:55

Rage is quite a fun flick. It's got plenty of action.
Tom
Regular

Postby Tom on 17 Feb 2006, 14:19

That link I promised for Reptilicant.

http://www.cineexcel.com/filmlib/rep/rep-main.html
Tom
Regular

Postby hansson55 on 18 Feb 2006, 14:20

That trailer was almost as bad as Retrogade
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby TombRaider on 18 Feb 2006, 15:01

I have a feeling i've seen the whole movie!!!

It would be a great lost for the action movies if he retirs, look at his body his in great shape, he should do some more action movies ahere he's in the lead!
TombRaider
Regular

Return to Off-Topic