3rd Punisher movie

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

3rd Punisher movie

Postby Craigie-Boy on 07 Jun 2006, 23:16

And so it is that Thomas Jane has signed to do a second Punisher film, due for release in late 2007. What does everybody think? Are you looking forward to it or not? And more importantly, should the producers ask Dolph to do a cameo in it? Superhero movies based on titles that have had a previous TV series or film tend to feature the previous actors (Superman, Hulk), so maybe it will happen again, though it's doubtful, seeing as we're talking about Dolph here.
Heck, I'd be happy enough with just a single-scene cameo, as with Stan Lee in so many Marvel films (X-Men 1 & 3, Spider-Man, Hulk, Daredevil...)
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Jox on 07 Jun 2006, 23:53

I think there would no point at Dolph doing a cameo just for the sake of it
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 09 Jun 2006, 08:47

I don't think you'll see any cameo like that. Marvel wasn't happy with Lundgren's film and really doesn't want to have these new movies associated with it.

I'd be much more happy if Lundgren actually got a good role in some other Marvel movie, like the WOLVERINE spin-off.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Craigie-Boy on 09 Jun 2006, 14:25

Yeah, I know there's realistically little chance of Dolph getting to appear in the film, but I just thought it would be a nice little touch.
And you're right, it would be great if he got a major role in the upcoming Wolverine movie, which is likely to focus on Wolverine's origin and his being implanted with adamantium. If this is the case, then Dolph would make a great Omega Red, who would be a great character for the film (assuming, of course, that Dolph wants to do another comic book movie).
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Terminator on 10 Jun 2006, 21:57

I have to confess I have never seen the first Punisher movie starring Dolph...
the second movie was nothing but crap... there was just some cruel, slaughtering crimes and then the ending part with the revenge, taken by Thomas Jane (John Travolta was the bad guy this time, wasn't he??).
It wasn't really worth the time watching it.
Dolph is set to the "underground movies" a long time ago... those movies can be rarely found in a Thai electronics shop... but never in a cinema.
It is disappointing for sure, but we can't help it; we never will.
A third Punisher movie ought to present some more basis... simple primairies like crimes and revenge are not what good action movies are made of. There were even many crappy movies where Dolph has taken part and the only thing that made me watch this entire movie was the fact Dolph was acting in it. It was the same thing in Johnny Mnemonic... this movie is like the "Double Dragon"- it is funny for the amusement, but after a while it is getting worse.
I hope the 3rd Spider-Man is gonna make it... even if Dolph is not casted to play the venomous Venom.
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Return to Off-Topic