Immortally Your's - Gary Daniels Returns

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby The_Canadian on 12 Jun 2006, 06:34

No offence, but I saw Gary Daniel's "City of Fear" and that movie was god awful, I'm really not all that excited for this one.
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Tom on 12 Jun 2006, 12:42

Glad to hear he's not quitting but this latest film is a horror film and I don;t see that Gary will use his maritals arts much. I don;t think his role will be too big either. I really hope he gets another action film to use his marital arts again. No one seems to want to give him a lead role anymore.
Tom
Regular

Postby Tom on 12 Jun 2006, 12:55

Gary has been offered the lead bad guy role in the film White Lies, an action film starring Daryll Hannah. He's not too sure yet whether he's going to take the job after his experiecnes working with Seagal and Dolph in bigger movies.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 12 Jun 2006, 19:29

Daniels parts, both in "Retrograde" and "Submerged", were supposed to be significantly bigger, and slaughtered by the producers and/or the star (Seagal). Apparently the experience was even worse for Daniels to work on "Submerged"...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 12 Jun 2006, 21:39

I saw him for the very first time in Retrograde and found him very sympathetic and convincing. But even if that wasn't the case... Matthias Hues is reason enough to watch that movie! :D
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 13 Jun 2006, 03:46

This film doesn't sound all that great. I've been watching a lot of his flicks lately and for the most part enjoying them. RECOIL, RAGE, and WHITE TIGER were all good though BLOODMOON, which I heard was one of his best, turned out to be awful. It really is a shame how he was handled in the films he did with Lundgren and Seagal. He may not be a great actor but he's one hell of a martial artist.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Craigie-Boy on 13 Jun 2006, 04:57

Mind you, many people have said the exact same thing about Dolph. He is often criticized for his acting ability, yet no-one can deny that he is an outstanding martial artist. Sadly, his acting ability, and relatively low profile, is probably the primary reason why studios aren't taking much interest in him - if they want to make a big action movie, they want a big star to be in it - so instead we get the likes of Matt Damon or Tom Cruise. I mean, Schwarzenegger was never exactly lauded for his acting ability, but it never did his career any harm...
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 13 Jun 2006, 15:38

khurram, I couldn't agree more. One other thing: Dolph has shown that he's a great villain with comic moments (UniSol, Johnny Mnenonic). Instead of always taking the lead and be the good guy he should accept to be no. 2 (or 3) as THE villain in A-list movies. If possible, that is.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Craigie-Boy on 13 Jun 2006, 21:20

I'm sure I read somewhere that the reason Dolph always goes for movies where he gets the lead role is because he doesn't like sharing the screen with other stars. Okay, he made a few exceptions after becoming famous (Unisol, Johnny Mnemonic), but he apparently prefers to receive top billing. Did anybody else read this?
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Jox on 13 Jun 2006, 22:23

No, I never read that and I don't think this is true because he's too modest to say that, and I think "The Inquiry" is proof of that. I also heard him say stuff like that: "I'd rather have a supporting role in a good picture than be your all-action man. I'd rather star opposite a French actress like Julie Delpy than a Hollywood goddess like Sharon Stone."
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Craigie-Boy on 14 Jun 2006, 22:18

No, I don't actually believe Dolph said that himself either. I'm more inclined to think it was someone else, maybe a former co-star, talking about him. Dolph doesn't come across as being a stuck-up, arrogant kind of guy, unlike some other 'celebrities' I could mention. But I definitely did read that somewhere. I'll have a nose around and see if I can find out where...
Do you know of any films he made where he didn't get along with the cast or crew? Maybe someone didn't like him and made a spiteful remark about him? I don't know, just hypothesising. Anyway, I'll have a look for that article...
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Jox on 14 Jun 2006, 22:26

Of all the people that worked with Dolph, I don't know one person who bad-mouthed him, and people usually praised his intelligence, kindness, courtesy and sense of humor.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Angelique on 20 Jun 2006, 12:41

if you read some articles about him you know he's very cool...
I'm All Ears...
Angelique

Return to Off-Topic