New MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE movie (2004-2023)

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

New MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE movie (2004-2023)

Postby Dawn on 04 Oct 2004, 21:53

This information is confirmed by the office of John Woo and Variety! whoo-hoo. Lets hope this is good. :?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/sho ... ge=1&pp=25
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 04 Oct 2004, 22:39

Let's just hope he doesn't pick The Rock as He-Man... What sucks if it gets made is that this would be the second Dolph Lundgren movie to be remade...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Ultimate_Fan on 05 Oct 2004, 04:59

although im a fan of the rock, him as he-man..mm i don't know sort of doesn't fit him i don't know...just curious what was the other movie they remade?
There is no fate but what we make
Ultimate_Fan

Postby Dawn on 05 Oct 2004, 09:19

The Punisher.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Ultimate_Fan on 05 Oct 2004, 14:55

I thought as much I seen it advertised at our local video shop here...well that sux why the need to remake them wasn't the original good enough? :x
There is no fate but what we make
Ultimate_Fan

Postby Dawn on 05 Oct 2004, 17:30

The original is considered to be horrible. It was on Earth, not Eternia, didn't have Orko, Cringer, BattleCat or Prince Adam.

Plus, did you know that there is a new cartoon? When the first came out, the story was never fully developed. He-Man started out in the first comics as not Prince Adam at all and as a jungle guy who finds a sword and a shield to wear. The cartoon from the 80s did give He-Man a clearer story, but the origins were never fully revealed.

The new cartoon, toys and comic that was started in 2002 are MUCH better and have really great writers. However the line has faltered and although Mattel has not "officially" cancelled Masters of the Universe, it is almost completely dead without some kind of spark to get people's interest. A new movie could re-spark interest since not everyone knows about the new Masters of the Universe line. If this is done right, I think it will be a very good thing. 17 million was not enough to spend on the first one, so if they get some good money thrown at a new movie and include the writers that have been working on the cartoon and comic stories, this movie could be really spectacular!

Thats my opinion anyway.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 05 Oct 2004, 17:35

Jox wrote:Let's just hope he doesn't pick The Rock as He-Man... What sucks if it gets made is that this would be the second Dolph Lundgren movie to be remade...

Yes, but the difference here is the Punisher was done right before. Masters was not everything it could be the first time. Now they can use CGI to have an Orko and also maybe a Cringer/Battle cat. They don't have to worry about expensive sets for Eternia, so they don't have to use Earth at all in the story.

Besides, even good films are remade and both are honored equally. Take Superman for example, it is about to be remade and no one will ever say that Christopher Reeve didn't make a good Superman. Its just nice to do a movie again and stir up some interest. Spiderman was done very well, and Christian Bale is going to star as a new Batman, but no one will say Michael Keaton didn't do a good job.

I think Dolph did a good job with Masters for what he was given, the problem was, he wasn't given much but to look good in the scenes he was given. It didn't focus enough on He-Man and Eternia at all.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 29 Dec 2004, 06:37

Jason Lewis (Sex in the City) seems to be attached as He-Man. Hope they don't make the same mistakes they made with the PUNISHER new movie...
Jox
Site Admin

The new He-Man...

Postby Craigie-Boy on 15 Jun 2006, 20:35

Check out the following link for a look at the actor who will likely be playing He-Man in the new movie, Jason Lewis. Never heard of the guy before, probably because I don't watch Sex And The City.
I admit that the guy does look somewhat like He-Man, but boy, has he got some serious bulking up to do...

http://www.hbo.com/city/cast/actor/jason_lewis.shtml
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Angelique on 16 Jun 2006, 01:03

you mean the muscles??? i can't find some pictures of his body on that website... i think dolph was better as he-man for so far i've seen this guy 8)
I'm All Ears...
Angelique

Postby Terminator on 18 Jun 2006, 22:46

One of my friends has a really similar face in comparison to this newbie. I will seek for topless pictures to be true it is not someone small as Tobey Maguire in those Spider-Man movies.
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Angelique on 19 Jun 2006, 10:51

but it's the guy on that photo in the link???
I'm All Ears...
Angelique

Postby Terminator on 20 Jun 2006, 21:29

He doesn't look all that muscular... have u ever seen pictures of He-Man?? He's a monster like TI Hulk! ^^
Dolph was just the best guy they could find for the shot.
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Angelique on 21 Jun 2006, 22:47

yes i've seen screenshots from masters of the universe... dolph looked very very trained.. that other guy looks a bit skinny...
I'm All Ears...
Angelique

Postby Craigie-Boy on 06 Aug 2006, 20:43

Probably the filmmakers' best bet will be to go with an unknown, a bodybuilder with ten or so years working-out behind him, so that he already has the necessary musculature for the part. As long as they find someone who is a half-decent actor, they might pull it off...
I wouldn't bother trying to get a big-name Hollywood star to play the role. With the exception of The Rock, virtually no-one in Hollywood today is as beefed-up as the 80s crew - Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Lundgren, etc.
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Next

Return to Off-Topic