Who is going to watch Rocky Balboa?

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Who is going to watch Rocky Balboa?

Postby Mosquito on 09 Jan 2007, 01:18

A shame that Dolph does only appear on archive footage. And Sly really looked like a transvestite on those red carpet photos from the premiere. Too much make-up and dyed eyebrows. Yuck. But still... I remember watching Rocky I in an old cinema that closed down shortly after that movie. It had wooden seats and my and my female "best friend" took the bus across the whole city because it was the only cinema that still showed that movie. I was a huge Sly fan and I discovered Dolph because when I watched Rocky IV. Just for the sake of good old times I have to watch the new and surely the last Rocky movie. Still, Rocky I is the best (sorry, Dolph).
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Molti on 09 Jan 2007, 04:41

You should definitely watch it, especially if you're a fan of the original. BALBOA has the same realistic tone as that film. I (naturally) love part IV but it's almost like a "Super Rocky" movie. BALBOA makes the character human again. Some really sad moments, but plenty of uplifting ones as well.
Molti

Postby Heavana on 09 Jan 2007, 23:23

I've watched Rocky Balboa recently and all I can say it is not what I expected. It was good but not the best Rocky movie.
Heavana

Postby Craigie-Boy on 11 Jan 2007, 19:28

I'm seeing it next weekend, as it hasn't opened here yet!
The lads and I are watching the 5 previous movies first, so they can get reacquainted with them before seeing the newest chapter...
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby carrie on 20 Jan 2007, 02:57

went to see it today and i honestly dont know what to say about it, far fetched,unrealistic and i almost fell asleep during the first 45 mins of all the reminiscence,but then again it still had all the old school big heart is all it takes bullshit,it came across to me as an old fat guy who wants to see if he can still do it so we give him a licence just to see if he can. i think he should of left well alone but to be fair my husband really enjoyed it. sorry but i was not impressed at all but for those of you who havent seen it yet,you really should just to make up your own minds-dont take my word for it because i loved the minnion and i know what you guys thought of that :roll:
carrie
Regular

Return to Off-Topic