The Shooter with M. Wahlberg

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

The Shooter with M. Wahlberg

Postby herrnilsson on 08 May 2007, 20:56

I've heard some years ago that Mark Wahlberg (Boogie Nights - Planet of the Apes) made many remakes. His last film is The Shooter. Is it a remake of The Shooter with Dolph Lundgren or just a movie like another....?
herrnilsson

Postby Jox on 09 May 2007, 02:11

Well what do you think?

Can you find any reason why would a big studio would want to release a remake of a 10 year-old independent Dolph Lundgren movie that was a flop at the box-office and had terrible reviews?

Is it mentioned anywhere (IMDB "movie connections" section if you don't know where to look) that it's a remake?

Don't think so.

I'm sorry but next time I won't answer such a question and will delete the post.

And next time post it in the "movie" or the "off-topic" section next time...

Thank you.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Sasha on 09 May 2007, 14:49

It's movie based on novel by Hunter. It's not remake of Kotcheffs "Shooter"...
Sasha

Postby TombRaider on 09 May 2007, 16:32

There's also a new Snipes movie which was called the Shooter during production and it wasn't a remake of Dolph's movie either.
Now it was renamed to "The contractor" though.
TombRaider
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 10 May 2007, 11:16

Jox wrote:Can you find any reason why would a big studio would want to release a remake of a 10 year-old independent Dolph Lundgren movie that was a flop at the box-office and had terrible reviews?

Well, if the story seems good and they see potential, why not? They've done it before with The Punisher:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0330793/

But of course Thomas Jane is not the same as Mark Wahlberg. And I'm not sure about Lions Gate, but I think they are a big studio.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 10 May 2007, 12:51

but you can't compare the Punisher to the Shooter because the Punisher was comic and a franchise before even Dolph's movie was made... so there was potential already, but for The Shooter even Miramax must have thought it was bad because they cut the movie down and i haven't read one positive review, the film bombed (more than any other Dolph) with only a few admission here and there... so even the most greedy and cheap producers wouldn't see any money making potential especially since they would have to acquire the rights for it first so they'd better just produce an "original" cheap action flick...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 10 May 2007, 20:19

You have a point here ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby herrnilsson on 27 May 2007, 03:10

I am sorry if this question disturbed you Jox, but I just wanted to know it because if the answer was "Yes" I would tell you that it get me angry when Hollywood makes remakes of films from Dolph, it would be non-sense.
But I am just happy that it is not and I am sorry if I didn't put it in Off Topics because I didn't know where to put it.
Hope you understood me!!
herrnilsson

Return to Off-Topic