Watchmen - The Movie

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby dvdvision on 12 Jul 2007, 23:04

300 sucked big balls (I'm sorry for those who liked this piece of green screen crap), so I would suggest Dolph turns this down, unless Zack Snyder have enough clout to convince him this is gonna be a better movie than The Mechanik (which I doubt). But I'm all open.

The novel is also, IMHO, one of the greatest hits of the 80's that turned old FAST.
dvdvision

Postby Jox on 12 Jul 2007, 23:15

Trivia:
In the late 80's when Terry Gilliam was to direct "Watchmen", producer Joel Silver wanted Dolph to play Dr. Manhattan according to some sources...
Last edited by Jox on 14 Jul 2007, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby The_Canadian on 14 Jul 2007, 01:09

Dear god... if Dolph gots this role, can you imagine what a boost this would be to his career?

Just saying "from the Director of 300", not to mention "and the creator of V for Vendetta" and you're going to have guaranteed filled seats!
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby dvdvision on 14 Jul 2007, 10:50

One thing for Sure, Dolph is the right age, only the Comedian was more based on Schwarzenegger with the cigar and stuff (cigar that I'm sure will not be part of the final movie).
dvdvision

Postby Jox on 14 Jul 2007, 11:17

The_Canadian wrote:Dear god... if Dolph gots this role, can you imagine what a boost this would be to his career?

Just saying "from the Director of 300", not to mention "and the creator of V for Vendetta" and you're going to have guaranteed filled seats!

Haven't seen 300, but 'V for Vendetta" makes me puke (Wachowski bros ruined contemporary movies)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 14 Jul 2007, 13:36

'V for Vendetta" makes me puke (Wachowski bros ruined contemporary movies)...

That´s a pretty stong statement.
Personally I would say that the Wachowski brothers revitalized american action movies and brought some fresh influncences into Hollywood (cartoons/manga).
The fact that the Matrix has been copied over and over again is hardly their fault.
I haven´t read the script for "V for vendetta" but writing that script was the extent of the Wachowski´s involvement in that film, or not? Maybe it´s a bad script. I don´t know.
dolphage
Regular

Postby dvdvision on 14 Jul 2007, 20:30

Well I think Matrix was a flash in the pan. The sequels proved it. Like the X-Files, it's going fast and will be forgotten very soon.

However, they were clever into stealing many underground movies influences, and making it palatable for the occident.

Their first feature, which was a rip off of Sin City, was cool, it was called BOUND.
dvdvision

Postby Mosquito on 15 Jul 2007, 22:21

I didn't understand the hype about 300 but it wasn't a bad movie. There were some aspects (the typical constant narrator, the "crumbly" picture...) that really went on my nerves but overall it was ok.

If Dolph had a chance to be in a movie with such big names attached to it he should take that chance.

PS: I think the first part of the Matrix Trilogy is great. What did you think when you saw "Bullet Time" for the very first time? Now everybody uses it but back then it was a revolutionary invention.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dvdvision on 16 Jul 2007, 17:45

First time I saw bullet time I wondered what the fuck this was all about. It didn't made sense to me (and I'm no game player apart from the Dreamcast so...). I liked thought the way they would stop and accelerate action, and really thought it was the future of editing (I was wrong)
dvdvision

Postby dolphage on 17 Jul 2007, 19:05

Well, I´m a big beleiver in not knowing anything about the movie you´re about to watch. I don´t read reviews, watch trailers or listen to people talk about a film until I´ve seen it. It enhances the experience ten fold.

So the first time I saw the Matrix it blew me away completely. It caught me of guard with what the Matrix actually was and the direction the movie took after it was revealed.

Bullet time was cool, as a representation of seeing things through the eyes of someone with extremely fast reflexes. That´s what I understood it as. Sort of like the way a fly would see us move. And it adds a sense of hyper reality to the scenes.

The second and third of the Matrix films suck cocks in hell. They are completely unengaging.

Haven´t seen 300
dolphage
Regular

Return to Off-Topic