Workout *ouch*

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Workout *ouch*

Postby Jekaterina on 07 Sep 2007, 15:32

Yesterday I made the mistake of not just watching the Dolph Workout on Youtube while relaxing on the sofa with a nice cool beer but actually doing all the exercises.

And while it felt good while it lasted - haven't done that much since I did JuJutsu for two years, quite a while back - I now am a single walking PAIN.

I guess the workout wasn't invented for women of 48 Kilos.

Please commiserate, or feel free just to laugh at me
thanks.

;)
Jekaterina

Postby dolphage on 07 Sep 2007, 18:34

Well, the pain is normal, if you haven´t worked out in a while....
But more importantly; did you wear the 80´s spandex outfit, while working out to Maximun Potential, like your supposed to?
And even more importantly; do you weigh 48 kg´s?! Really!?
dolphage
Regular

Postby Rover on 07 Sep 2007, 20:21

You did JuJutsu?? How great :D
If you start to work out again all of a sudden I guess you have to begin slowly...good luck :)
I have the poweeer!
Rover

Postby dolphage on 07 Sep 2007, 21:22

48 kilo´s?
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jekaterina on 08 Sep 2007, 13:58

No, I did not wear a spandex outfit - maybe that was the mistake.
I will look into my old stuff in my parents' attic and maybe find some neon leggings I used to wear for my p.e. classes - they should do.

And yes, I weigh 48kilos, but as I am only 1.59m "tall", that isn't as little as ist sounds - I don't want to look like any of the skeletons currently wasting away on catwalks.

I didn't realize how much my body craves sport, I got pretty lazy at college.
Maybe I'll start JuJutsu again and shape up.
Who'd have thought that Dolph can be such a good influence?

I hope this isn't too much off topic - but I can always delete it if that is the case.
Jekaterina

Postby Mosquito on 08 Sep 2007, 22:50

Jekaterina wrote:I don't want to look like any of the skeletons currently wasting away on catwalks.

Bravo to that!

Jekaterina wrote:Who'd have thought that Dolph can be such a good influence?

Oh yeah, well shaped men do as well as women. I think. If you're looking for a female role model, watch Terminator 2 or Aliens. Very inspiring. ;-)

Jekaterina wrote:I hope this isn't too much off topic - but I can always delete it if that is the case.

No worries. The Off-Topic section is better though.

PS: You know what? I'm watching Dolph's workout video on youtube right now. And yes, it's inspiring. I'm going to pack my bag for the gym right now. Haven't been there at least three weeks. Shame on me.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 09 Sep 2007, 08:48

Mosquito
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:50 pm Post subject:
Jekaterina wrote:
I don't want to look like any of the skeletons currently wasting away on catwalks.

Bravo to that!

I actually agree. The anorexic look is terrible. It just looks unhealty and creepy.

If you're looking for a female role model, watch Terminator 2 or Aliens. Very inspiring. Wink

That IS a good idea, but only if you are a bull dyke (a very masculine lesbian). If you are not, you need to find better role models, like Pamela Anderson (15 years ago). I like! High five!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jekaterina on 09 Sep 2007, 16:18

Well, if I planned to look like Pam, I would just need to get implants - I wouldn't have to worry about working out because noone would notice anyway. ;)
Jekaterina

Postby Mosquito on 09 Sep 2007, 16:40

Jekaterina wrote:Well, if I planned to look like Pam, I would just need to get implants - I wouldn't have to worry about working out because noone would notice anyway. ;)

Absolutely. dolphage, Pam Anderson was (and, kinda, still is) hot. I've watched Barb Wire and actually enjoyed it a lot. And I can see why so many men are quite fond of her. ;-) But yes, take implants, a good diet, a lot of make-up and oxy...oxy... the stuff that makes hair blonde. Voilà: Pam A.

No, I wasn't talking about what a man pleases but maybe what a woman who loves to work out could use as a paragon. Not really as a goal because I doubt that I'd ever reach 14 percent body fat like Linda Hamilton had for T2. But hey, Linda and Sigourney knew how to shape up. Whoa.

Just a hint, dolphage: Some women want an appearance that pleases themselves, not the majority of men (or other women). ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 09 Sep 2007, 20:57

Right, men should look like caricatures of men (= Dolph Lundgren), but women should not look like caricatures of women (= Pam Anderson)?

Mosquito? Double standards?

And ladies, if all you have to do in order to look like Pamela Anderson is to get implants you are already insanely beautiful! I mean, she was a Labatt´s model and had already posed for Playboy before she got her implants and dyed her her white/blonde.

Either you girls are extremely good looking or you are a little over confident about how easy it is to look like Pam.

P.S. I want to make it clear that I researched Pamela Anderson in order to write this post, I didn´t know the facts of her life before! I am not obsessed with Pamela Anderson! But I AM obsessed with Dolph "fckng" Lundgren. I admit that openly. (If, by "openly", you mean; "to a small group of like minded people on a discussion board devoted to the obssesion in question"
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jekaterina on 10 Sep 2007, 09:56

Whoa, Dolph may be a stereotype but he's not a caricature. At least not in my book.
Whereas in recent pics of Pam, she really looks like a caricature of the "buxom blonde" stereotype.

I said I would only need the implants as a joke - easily identified by this: :wink:.

And I don't want to look like her anyway - not even like she did 10 years back.
This doesn't mean I am conceited, only that I am happy with the way I look.

I just want to get my fitness level back to where it was when I did JuJutsu.
And Dolph sure is an inspiration for that.
Jekaterina

Postby Mosquito on 10 Sep 2007, 20:25

Jekaterina wrote:And I don't want to look like her anyway - not even like she did 10 years back.

I admit: I'm faaaar too lazy for that. I use make-up for special occasions. But for everyday my natural beauty has to suffice. ;-) A bottle of hairspray lasts several years in my bathroom.

So, dolphage, why "double standards"? Don't you think that Linda Hamilton and Sigourney Weaver worked out VERY hard for that look? Just because they didn't look like a Barbie doesn't mean that they didn't invest in their looks.

And I agree with Jekaterina: Dolph doesn't look like a caricature of a man, he looks like a northern god. Well, he did. But he still looks like an ideal of a man.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 11 Sep 2007, 19:16

So, dolphage, why "double standards"?

All right, I´ve got to start from the beginning on this one, I guess. I´ll go with the classical "He-man and Barbie" similee.

Barbie is a caricature of a woman (typical feminin features taken to the extreme), He-man is a caricature of a man (typical masculine features taken to the extreme). Pamela Anderson looks like Barbie. Dolph Lundgren looks like/is He-man.

So, you have "double standards" when you say that Dolph Lundgren is the ideal man, because you don´t think that Pamela Anderson is the ideal woman.
In other words, you are saying that an extreme form of masculinity is "the ideal" for men, but an extreme form of feminity is NOT "the ideal" for women.

Don't you think that Linda Hamilton and Sigourney Weaver worked out VERY hard for that look? Just because they didn't look like a Barbie doesn't mean that they didn't invest in their looks.

Don´t YOU think that Dustin Hoffman had to practice a lot in order to learn how to walk in high heel shoes for his role in "Tootsie"? Just because he didn´t look like a He-man doesn´t mean he didn´t invest a lot in his look.
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 11 Sep 2007, 21:28

dolphage wrote:
So, dolphage, why "double standards"?

All right, I´ve got to start from the beginning on this one, I guess. I´ll go with the classical "He-man and Barbie" similee.

Barbie is a caricature of a woman (typical feminin features taken to the extreme), He-man is a caricature of a man (typical masculine features taken to the extreme). Pamela Anderson looks like Barbie. Dolph Lundgren looks like/is He-man.

Hm, so he wears funny head bands, walks around half naked all the time and puts oil on his chest? Funny, I didn't notice.

In other words, you are saying that an extreme form of masculinity is "the ideal" for men, but an extreme form of feminity is NOT "the ideal" for women.

An extreme, exaggerated form of masculinity can be found among professional bodybuilders (yuck).

Don´t YOU think that Dustin Hoffman had to practice a lot in order to learn how to walk in high heel shoes for his role in "Tootsie"? Just because he didn´t look like a He-man doesn´t mean he didn´t invest a lot in his look.

And I never tried to discredit his looks in Tootsie, unlike you did with Linda Hamilton in T2 and Sigourney Weaver in the Alien franchise. Though I have to admit that, looking back, I didn't like his glasses. But those were the eighties.

You said:

That IS a good idea, but only if you are a bull dyke (a very masculine lesbian). If you are not, you need to find better role models, like Pamela Anderson (15 years ago). I like! High five!

Which implies that women should find a role model that pleases men. And I just said that women should find a role model that pleases themselves. And believe me, I'm not a bull dyke (or any kind of dyke). And I'm far away from both roles (kick-ass chicks OR Barbies) but if I'd be in the mood for shaping up big time I'd certainly go into the kick-ass chick direction. Because I'm the "I earn my own money" type and not the "Where's my Sugar Daddy". When I think about it, Barb Wire was the perfect mixture: Kick-Ass Barbie. Maybe that's why both my husband and I liked the movie. And because there was so much suspense ("Will her boobs fall out of that bathrobe or will it hold them?"). ;-)

So. Just relax and admit that I'm totally right. :mrgreen:
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 12 Sep 2007, 18:34

When I think about it, Barb Wire was the perfect mixture: Kick-Ass Barbie. Maybe that's why both my husband and I liked the movie.

I´m sure that´s why your husband liked that movie...
dolphage
Regular

Return to Off-Topic