Come and see / idi i smotri

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Come and see / idi i smotri

Postby bomaz on 23 Sep 2007, 13:25

this movie (a movie about war, not a war movie) is probably one of the best films i've ever seen (with the fountain, oldboy and a few more). it was released in 1985, directed by Elem Klimov. Visually, it is one ... no, it is THE most beautiful movie i've seen to this date. fluent and AMAZING steadycam moves with frickin' fantastic long shot (i don't know the real translation for "plan séquence"). Discover this movie ... it's far away from dolph movie's, but it's still really interesting.
bomaz

Postby Rover on 23 Sep 2007, 16:15

According to IMDB it's a bit violent...is that true? It sounds very interesting though :)
By long shot, you mean continuous take? Like in movies like Children of Men or Running Time (if you've seen them...)
I admit you got my attention with the visual aspect, I think I will watch it if I can find it :)
I have the poweeer!
Rover

Postby Jox on 23 Sep 2007, 17:18

Yeah a friend of mine keeps saying it's amazing...

Image Image
FYI "long shot" is usually used for when you're using a long lens (or if you're shooting something with a gun from far away). "Plan sequence" doesn't have a literal translation but literate people use it in English too sometimes. "Continuous take" is a another good way to say it. "Masters shot" is another but is more specific about shooting the entire scene from a wide angle and then break it down to shoot more coverage (medium and close ups)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Rover on 24 Sep 2007, 19:06

Thank you Jox for these useful explanations :)
I have the poweeer!
Rover

Return to Off-Topic