PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION EVERYBODY!!!

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION EVERYBODY!!!

Postby Nathan on 26 Sep 2007, 01:20

Hi,
The link below is a petition to get the next Van Damme film released in cinemas. I know everyone on here is a Dolph fan but there must be some Van Damme fans on here too! And if this one gets released and does well in cinemas then it may cause Sony to take notice of the other DTV action stars out there who aren't getting the releases they deserve!

http://www.petitiononline.com/bla1ck2/petition.html

Thank you.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 26 Sep 2007, 02:19

Alright I signed but this seems very naive to me.

And I'm not sure this petition makes sense since people sign from all over the world so it divides the results into each territory so this could actually prove that releasing the film theatrically, whether it's in the US, the UK, France (or whatever), doesn't make sense... Do I make myself understood here?

Sony doesn't need to take notice of the other action stars since they've signed them ("The Shepherd" and "Missionary Man" have worldwide distribution by Sony and co-produced but them), they need to be convinced of the potential audience in theaters. It's not about the quality of the movies it's just about the figures. For studio executives "numbers don't lie" as Sheldon Lettich would say...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 26 Sep 2007, 18:54

I kinda understand what you mean..do you mean like the vast majority of the petition signers could be from the UK so releasing the film theatrically in the US would be pointless for example?
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 26 Sep 2007, 20:27

That was not exactly how I was thinking it through but it comes down to the same...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Rover on 27 Sep 2007, 14:22

If it ever goes to theatre it will be a limited release, only in US theatres...They seem to seriously mess up the release of it: there will be three different cuts of the movie, coming out the same day :?
Anyway, I'll sign the petition :P
I have the poweeer!
Rover

Postby Nathan on 27 Sep 2007, 18:51

Thank you all!
Nathan
Regular

Postby dolphage on 19 Oct 2007, 16:45

Oh, Nathan! Asking people to sign a Van Damme petition on a (the) Dolph Lundgren forum. What has the world come to?
I think Dolph said it best while playing Sgt. Andrew Scott in UniSol...:

"Traitor!"

Unless it is some kind of backwards logic where you, at the same time, go on the JCVD forums and ask them to sign a petition to release the next DL film in cinemas. Then it´s awesome. But strange.
dolphage
Regular

Postby Nathan on 19 Oct 2007, 18:51

Just thought there may be some Van Damme fans here too, that's why I put it in the off-topic section..I posted it on the Seagal boards too but I got no replies..they aren't as friendly as the people here.
Nathan
Regular

Return to Off-Topic