Stone Cold Steve Austin

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Stone Cold Steve Austin

Postby Jack Caine on 16 Aug 2009, 07:56

The main problem is that Greengrass just has the camera shaking a bunch to create strong tension. In the editing room, the editor watches the clips multiple times, which causes his eyes to get used to it and he knows what's going to happen next and can understand what's going on, so he edits those clips together, knowing what happens. First-time viewers then have no clue what the hell is going on since they haven't seen the footage before, but the editor has and is used to it.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby Jox on 16 Aug 2009, 09:10

Good points Jack Caine.

This use of filming and editing is one of the reasons I don't even want to see most blockbusters and action movies anymore (that's when you start realize you're becoming an old fart who says things "they don't make them like they used to, that was better when I was young"')
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 16 Aug 2009, 14:30

Someone needs to warn the D-man about how audiences REALLY feel about his kind of shooting.

By "someone" I mean Jox... :|
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 16 Aug 2009, 22:45

Yeah, I really hope more movie makers are encouraged by the great success and warm reception of No Country For Old Men. What a relief among all this shaky cutting fests.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Aug 2009, 09:33

dolphage wrote:Someone needs to warn the D-man about how audiences REALLY feel about his kind of shooting.

By "someone" I mean Jox... :|

I give him my opinions whenever we have these kinds of conversation. D is still trying things out and looking for his own style in a way. What I get from him is that he definitely has old-school tastes but also wants to be modern so that's his work is on the page as well so it's about finding the good compromise...
Jox
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Off-Topic