THE DEFENDER (Dolph Lundgren, 2004)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Jox on 03 May 2008, 16:01

THE DEFENDER movie of the month on http://www.fightfactoryfilms.co.uk/#/home/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 03 May 2008, 16:19

Niiiiice!!! :D
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Tom on 05 May 2008, 13:46

Just got my UK copy. No 5 in the charts at WHSmiths. The picture is a lot better than the Thai DVD I already had. The making of is just the same as the one released on some of the foreign DVD's.

Dolph's been shot up in the market now, and it looks like he's gonna stay there with Seagal and JCVD. It'll be interesting to see how DD fares when the rental results come out on wed night.
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 05 May 2008, 22:04

Noticed this also! You beat me to it! Number five, I couldn't believe it...AND!! it had UK TV ads ALL LAST NIGHT on television. Go Dolph! By the way does anyone have a copy of the TV ad that was shown by any chance because I only know it was on all the time because I was informed by the rest of my family, thanks.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 05 May 2008, 23:25

Nathan wrote:AND!! it had UK TV ads ALL LAST NIGHT on television. Go Dolph!

NICE! 8)

Surprised you can already the charts on the first day of release... THE DEFENDER deserves it...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby manudenis2005 on 06 May 2008, 13:15

Nice DVD cover.I'll be getting this as soon as I can.
The Defender is a cool DTV flick.It deserves the 5 th place in the charts.
manudenis2005
manudenis2005
Regular

Postby Nathan on 11 May 2008, 23:54

Hello guys,

These are some photographs I took in various shops of The Defender on display that I thought might have been a nice little thing for you to see, if anyone is interested.
I'm very sorry for the quality of the pictures as they were taken on my phone and it was an unplanned, spur-of-the-moment thing! Thanks, enjoy!

This is a picture I took in Woolworths, a large toys, clothes and home entertainment store in the UK. This week it is at number 21 in the charts, last week it was at number 12, if I remember correctly.

This is a picture I took in WHSmith, another large home entertainment, books and magazines chain of stores in the UK. Last week it was at number 5 and this week it is at number 40. The dvd is circled in red.

This is a picture I took in Woolworths again of the new release section. This section highlights films which are being given extra promotion and a whole shelf is dedicated to prominently display The Defender
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 06 Jun 2008, 00:23

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 06 Jun 2008, 17:05

Haha! Yasss, I love when he does this - its like an introduction to the page, would make me want to buy it! He always looks ready to burst out laughing too.. :lol:
Nathan
Regular

Postby Craigie-Boy on 14 Jun 2008, 18:59

I picked up the Defender on Tuesday - I didn't even know it was out until I saw it in the store. It cost me £12.99, which is a lot cheaper than the £19.99 advertised in the above link. Not had a chance to watch it yet, but I probably will tomorrow. I'm a bit disappointed that neither this nor the MM DVDs featured a trailer for the films, but this seems to be the norm for UK DVDs of Dolph's movies...

And I've just been to play.com, where I pre-ordered The Mechanik and Diamond Dogs - again, I didn't know these were on the cards. So that's four of his newer movies getting released this year; good stuff. I just wish some of his older movies would be released as well.
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Jox on 03 Jul 2008, 21:14

Copies were given away to PSP winners
http://www.topgear.com/content/winstuff ... _defender/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby The Robin on 18 Jan 2009, 13:04

Old post but...

I loved The Defender. The movie had firefights, people getting killed left and right, crazy action, with cool twists and turns throughout! It was one that made you ask questions, I love movies that keep you questioning until the end (of course not for goofs like, "WTF did they do that for, couldn't they have [insert text here]). But the movie made me think, damn, is the US really doing things like this to really hide ObL or are we really working our asses off to find this guy? Are our soldiers dying in foreign countries to coverup the government that's hiding this guy who masterminded America's worst terrorist attack? The movie really made me think.

For a while The Defender was my favorite DL movie, when I was first starting out as a fan of his probably about 2 years ago. I'm shocked some people didn't like it, to the point where they see it as "boring" --- Which of course it's nothing of the kind, but an opinion is an opinion I guess.

I thought it had a huge budget, it looked like a Hollywood movie. And then I found out DL directed it, I was impressed! Not to sound cheesy or anything, but I really was, and THEN finding out it was his first time directing! The movie was just great to me and it is on my favorites list for sure. Good job DL!
The Robin

Postby Jox on 18 Jan 2009, 13:23

I think THE DEFENDER is a top notch shoot'em up that's smarter than you'd think (but it's fun first and very well crafted for its budget). I love it as much as THE MECHANIK. Being two different movies, they're both equally good IMO.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 18 Jan 2009, 15:50

I think The Defender is fantastic. A great DTV film with non-stop action and the violence is tastefully depicted. Brilliant.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 18 Jan 2009, 16:16

The Defender's great. Lots of good gunfights that feel down-to-earth and has a good, original plot as well as a fun plot twist. As long as Dolph is still shooting on set and behind camera, I'm satisfied. Especially with The Mechanik.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies