Your TOP 3 Dolph action scenes!!!

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Your TOP 3 Dolph action scenes!!!

Postby Nathan on 05 Feb 2009, 00:43

Ohh yeah I have to admit that REEALLLYY distracted me too. It was weird seeing Dolph with that crew cut..that's right isn't it? What they have in the army. It just didn't look like him at all until it got ruffled at the end after he took his bandana off.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 06 Feb 2009, 22:08

Hah, I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who pays so much attention to his various hair styles. :oops: From time to time I thought people would think there's something wrong with me. ;-)

The haircut in Red Scorpion was indeed weird. Took some time to get used to it but now I like it. Hey, we should start a topic about that! :idea:

(I really like those smilies...) :roll:
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 07 Feb 2009, 15:30

Okay since Mosquito cleverly set up a whole new topic dedicated to Dolph's hair.. :lol: I am now going to pose the most awesome and possibly most difficult question in relation to Dolph's movies. The TOP 3 DOLPH WEAPONS... 8) Ohh yeah guys, you heard it right. Everything from machine guns, rocket launchers, spiked gloves, shotguns, dual handguns..they can be held, attached to a tank or even a helicopter..everything is possible in this one. So let us discuss your all-time favourite Dolph weapons...this is very difficult because Dolph usually rocks an awesome gun in every movie and hasn't showed signs of stopping yet!! Here are myyy choices... :D

BRIDGE OF DRAGONS
Possibly the most compact weapon ever to have so many functions. Not only that it's stapped onto his back so when another wave of soldiers attack he can pull it out dramatically in slow motion and riddle them with bullets but he can also blow them up!! Yes!! This gun is a machine gun, grenade/explosive launcher and with the added bonus of a detachable hand gun all in one...now that is awesome. Also the fact that he uses it the entire way through the movie to despatch hundreds of henchmen just adds to the total coolness.

RED SCORPION
Basically the whole movie is filled with incredible weapons but my favourite is definately when Dolph commands the huge rocket launcher that is attached to the tank. It's just so incredible he can't even lift it. It's just a huge pipe basically but totally ridiculous and incredible fun!! Honourable mention goes to the secret weapon which he picks up from inside the facility which has the bullets stored on top in a ring. I think you know the one I mean..it's awesome!! And he gets to use it in slow-motion..always a must!!

SILENT TRIGGER
WOW!!! Dolph shooting black clad motherfuckers with a sniper up-close. It just doesn't get much better than that..does it? Yes, it's brilliantly filmed with slow-motion shots of blood splattering everywhere from the bodies of the bad guys. Utterly brilliant stuff, totally original and possibly the biggest gun Dolph has ever held in his hands.

The runners-up!! Because there is far too many awesome guns in Dolph's movies to comprehend there must be runners up!! From the rapid fire sub-machine gun in Army of One to the sleek shotgun in Missionary Man..the awesome gun in Men of War that's like a handgun and a shotgun combined..don't even know what it's called. The cool machine guns in Detention, Direct Action, Showdown, Storm Catcher, Hidden Assassin and The Punisher and the awesome M16 type gun in Unisol..Dolph's movies boast some of the most awesome weapons ever. And who could forget that insane spiked glove? Time for your picks guys!!! :mrgreen:
Nathan
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 08 Feb 2009, 14:41

Ah that's an easy answer:

SiLT / BoD /MoW and others
The weapon of choice should always be his body. Why waste his talents by putting a gun or knife in his hands? I enjoy fights by far the most when he's finishing his enemies with bare hands and some deadly kicks.

Runners up: staff (BoD), knife (MoW if I remember correctly) and the impressive sniper gun in Silent Trigger. Also nice: rocket launcher in Men of War. Reminds me of Arnie's Commando.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 15 Feb 2009, 16:55

Okay then just for you Mosquito... your favourite DOLPH HAND-TO-HAND FIGHT...choose a couple if you wish!!!
Nathan
Regular

Postby Katry_K on 15 Feb 2009, 22:26

"Universal Soldier"
Final fight - When Scott beats Luc about the car (When i say "Jump!"...)

"Diamond Dogs"
Ronson's test (fight with bodyguards)

"Direct Action"
Fight in cafe (The first patrol Gannon and Ross)
Katry_K

Postby Mosquito on 15 Feb 2009, 23:33

Nathan wrote:Okay then just for you Mosquito... your favourite DOLPH HAND-TO-HAND FIGHT...choose a couple if you wish!!!

Oh, in order to give a good answer I'd have to watch all the candidates again. I haven't watched some of his movies in years. So my answer might take a while. But maybe you guys can name yours and I will re-watch those and choose! (Kind of "executive summary"... hm... no pun intended) ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 16 Feb 2009, 01:27

Ohh boy this is trickey...I think I'm gonna have to have a little think on this one too...
Nathan
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 16 Feb 2009, 01:57

1) the fight wtih the security guard in Silent Trigger
2) with Cary Hiryu-Tagawa in Bridge Of Dragons
3) With Trevor Goddard in the cave in Men Of War
leigh1975

Postby Craigie-Boy on 16 Feb 2009, 05:51

Possibly my favourite 3 action scenes would be:

1 - The initial fight between Dolph and Trevor Goddard in Men Of War (though their climactic battle was all kinds of awesome!)
2 - The end fight of Universal Soldier (that'll take some beating!)
3 - The scene in SiLT where he dispatches the guards at Yoshida's house (though the shot where he WALKS through a window was just a tad ridiculous)

There are, of course, runners up - Drago's 2 fight scenes in Rocky IV, the end battle of Red Scorpion, the climax of Missionary Man... the list goes on!
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Scifibuff5 on 06 Jun 2017, 00:50

1) Taking out the men in either the house scene or end finale at the base in STORM CATCHER
2) The end finale of JOSHUA TREE
3) The car to foot fight followed by the heavy machine gun-downs near the end of DIRECT ACTION (and that is just one of several electrifying stunts!)
"No, I haven't seen any of [the new 'Punisher' movies]," - Dolph in 2009 MTV News Interview
Scifibuff5

Previous

Return to Dolph's Movies