Your TOP 3 Dolph Movie Hairstyles

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby I Dig Dolph on 26 Jan 2005, 06:20

I have to agree totally that his hair in Rocky IV was no doubt the BEST!! 8) just as long as his hair is short and definetaly NOT long (like in Masters of The Universe!) or black (The Punisher) then its good enough for me!! i love it when his hair is spiked up! :P
I Dig Dolph

Postby Terminator on 26 Jan 2005, 10:41

Well, I think his famous Flattop crewcut was the ULTIMATE hair style!!! :D
I often try to stick as close to it as possible.
Additionally in Red Scorpion he looked good. Then even in Masters of the Universe, but not the best... lol

I have started searching the whole Net for pics of him. Posters are available, too, but actually I pefer like to use them as an avatar or such...
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Your TOP 3 Dolph Movie Hairstyles

Postby Mosquito on 06 Feb 2009, 22:42

Inspired by Nathan's and Jack Caine's comments on the favourite action scene topic I'd like to start one about his haircuts. So what are your top 3 Dolph styles? And let's also take a look at the other end of the scale. ;-)

My favourites:

1. Silent Trigger
I think Dolph was a "Gesamtkunstwerk" - perfect haircut, perfect outfit

2. Showdown in Little Tokyo
Yes, it's a cheesy 80's Pop Culture cut but I still love those. Especially when the one wearing it has such gorgeous hair like Dolph's
(also very nice and even longer here: http://www.gmrmedia.com/dolph/gallery/pentathlon/IMG0111.JPG

3. Universal Soldier
Ah, just look at this and you know what I mean:

Honorable mentions: a lot of movies where he has similar haircuts as UniSol and ST: short, perfectly timmed, beautiful. But two more unorthodox styles are nice, too: Missionary Man's almost white hair and the long version in Retrograde. The latter also has the cool leather jacket. Niiiice!

Ooookay... now let's take a look at the other end of the scale

Bad:
Diamond Dogs - hair? which hair?

Worse:
Masters of the Universe - who placed that mop on his head? *Argh* I know it has to be there because of the comic books but it still hurts. A close candidate for the bottom of the list.

But after some consideration I came to the conclusion that there's one haircut that hurts my eyes even more...

The WORST OF THEM ALL:
The Shooter - what the hell is that? Do not - I repeat - DO NOT dye his hair with dark tones! This almost ruined the Punisher for me. But The Shooter is worse: they dyed his wonderfully blond hair dark AND combined it with a ridiculous styling. Please don't ever do that again!
Mosquito
Site Admin

Re: Your TOP 3 Dolph Movie Hairstyles

Postby leigh1975 on 07 Feb 2009, 01:41

Not that I'd like to get too deep into men's hairstyles :wink: , I guess the do in Direct Action's quite cool.
leigh1975

Postby The Robin on 07 Feb 2009, 13:11

Top 3: :D

1. Missionary Man - I loved the kinda platnum blonde job, it looked really good.

2. Universal Soldier - for the exact reasons you mentioned.

3. RetroGrade!!! - I don't ususally like guys with long hair, but it looked pretty good. And as i mentioned many times before, those outfits made everything SO COOL LOOKING! 8)

Bottom 2: :evil:

1. The Shooter - I agree with you, that looks terrible. Poor DL's perfect hair.

2. Diamond Dogs - No no no on the bald thing. A short prickly cut (don't know the name of the style) is fine, just like the Rocky Balboa premiere.
RIP Charles "Mask" Lewis! TapouT will never be the same.
^^ My Avatar ^^
Always an active American Gladiator!
The Robin

Postby Nathan on 07 Feb 2009, 15:10

Yeah Hidden Assassin was pretty ridiculous in the hair department. I actually liked the look Dolph had in Diamond Dogs... :o
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 07 Feb 2009, 16:16

The hair was bad in THE SHOOTER indeed (as it was in PENTATHLON) but only because it was not appropriate: as far as I know this is the same in MEN OF WAR except that it works with the bandanna, dirt, sweat and combat fatigue...

His look in RED SCORPION made me quite scared and confused when I was 9 years old and saw the first photos. Don't have a problem with it now and the showdown dog of war look is badass...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 07 Feb 2009, 17:10

Ohh yeah first time I watched Red Scorpion I thought he was pretty scary too, it just does not look like him in that movie at all. Which is actually a good thing IMO because it made his character more believable. I think it was the fact that his hair and face seemed different which was scary.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Warchild on 08 Feb 2009, 02:33

Silent Trigger hair style is the best.
Missionary Man and Universal Soldier it looked pretty cool.

The worst is Diamond Dogs, does not look good bold.

Long hair not a Dolph look.
Warchild
Regular

Postby dolphage on 13 Feb 2009, 15:02

1. Johnny Mneumonic
Dolph in "viking mode", incredibly sweetass (but the beard is a must in order to make it work)

2. Rocky IV
Platinum blonde heli pad, super iconic look

3. Universal soldier
It is the meanest DL has ever looked

I also want to point out that I have had all three of the above hairstyles at different points in my life. I still didn´t look like the Big Guy but at least I maximized MY OWN awesomeness potential while sporting them. My current hair style makes me look like a thirtysomething-working-stiff-douchebag (which I am, so it kinda works out).

And I agree with everyone on the cuts in DD and Silent Trigger/Pentathlon/Men of War. Not so great.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Nathan on 13 Feb 2009, 18:41

Haha that's awesome trying out big D's hairstyles... :lol:
Nathan
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 15 Feb 2009, 23:41

dolphage wrote:And I agree with everyone on the cuts in DD and Silent Trigger/Pentathlon/Men of War. Not so great.

So obviously you disagree with me. ;-) And it seems that many people liked the Silent Trigger style quite much.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 16 Feb 2009, 01:35

Mosquito wrote:
dolphage wrote:And I agree with everyone on the cuts in DD and Silent Trigger/Pentathlon/Men of War. Not so great.

So obviously you disagree with me. ;-)

As usual.

You´re right about the Silent Trigger haircut though, I meant The Shooter. My mistake.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 16 Feb 2009, 01:59

This has become longer than I ever expected this thread to get. :wink:
leigh1975

Postby Mosquito on 17 Feb 2009, 16:57

Well of course! Whenever you are at a cocktail party and run out of conversation topics, just bring up Dolph's hair and you'll be the king of the table.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies