Schwarzenegger & Stallone Teaming up:

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Moltisanti on 13 Feb 2006, 21:25

It would be great if it happens, but as with any rumored Arnold film it all depends on if he is reelected Governor.
Moltisanti
Regular

Re: Schwarzenegger & Stallone Teaming up:

Postby Jox on 20 Mar 2009, 11:42

One thing for sure, now with all the buzz, THE EXPENDABLES will bring certainly bring back interest for this kind of action film, which means commando films and what not are gonna be made to surf on the THE EXPENDABLES wave. I'm sure producers of all kinds are already developing all kinds of action flicks they wouldn't have done when they thought the genre was "has been". So I hope that trend will profit Dolph and us!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 21 Mar 2009, 23:25

Absolutely! And I also hope that Dwayne Johnson will stop doing those silly Disney movies and kick some ass again. ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Craigie-Boy on 26 Mar 2009, 05:07

khurram112 wrote:According to moviehole.net:

I know there was a Commando and Rambo team up script knocking around several years back

To me, that sounds like a potentially horrible concept. Don't get me wrong, seeing Arnie and Sly in the same movie would have been incredible, but a Commando / Rambo team-up is not the way to go about it.

khurram112 wrote:Both of these guys were big box office stars of the 80's. They were both 20 million Plus earners. Their movies were box office Gold. This movie can bring them both back to that same position.

Actually, I doubt it. Their movies did well financially back in the 80s because they were two of the biggest stars in the world, and because people loved that kind of movie; the one-man-army kind of movie. However, those films are increasingly rare now. Today's action stars are not the beefed-up testosterone cases of the 80s - instead, we have the likes of Jason Bourne or Neo. I believe Rambo had a decent turn theatrically, but it didn't re-ignite Stallone's career. He wasn't catapulted back onto Hollywood's A-list. Arnie's last big movie - Terminator 3 - was largely panned by the critics, and he hasn't made a film since; though this is of course due to his political commitments.

So, even if Sly and Arnie were to team up for an action movie, it won't work wonders for either of them. They're not in their physical prime any more.
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Jox on 26 Mar 2009, 11:48

Craigie-Boy wrote:I believe Rambo had a decent turn theatrically, but it didn't re-ignite Stallone's career. He wasn't catapulted back onto Hollywood's A-list.

No but ROCKY BALBOA and RAMBO still brought him back into the limelight, as he was pretty low key, mostly considered a "has-been" and about to go deeper into DTV territories.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Craigie-Boy on 28 Mar 2009, 04:41

Well, yes, but that's only going to be a temporary revival, I imagine. The Rocky saga has now officially been ended, and chances are that the upcoming fifth Rambo movie will be the final one in that series. The problem that befell Stallone and Schwarzenegger, and Lundgren as well to an extent, is that because they are regarded primarily as macho action stars, they've had little opportunity to expand their acting abilities in other genres. Stallone had a few comedy films which met with little success, while Schwarzenegger had more success with the likes of Kindergarten Cop and Twins - why Twins never received a sequel is beyond me! Van Damme is attempting to flex his acting muscles by expanding into different genres now, but Arnie and Sly never really proved able to break away from their 'he-man' stereotypes.
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Return to Off-Topic