The site is 15 years old!

Have some suggestions on how to improve the site? Any feedback on the site? Post it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

The site is 15 years old!

Postby Jox on 24 May 2008, 13:40

For the occasion, I redesigned a logo and homepage, added a few words from the site's founder (will add some later) and will add a couple of goodies I just brought back from the Cannes festival :)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Darling on 24 May 2008, 14:29

Congratulation for ten Years!I like the new Logo and Homepage!I hope you will carry on,ten Years!

Wait for for your couple of goodies from the Cannes Festival
Always good job, Jox!
Thank you!
Darling
Regular

Postby Nathan on 24 May 2008, 17:00

CANNES GOOOOODIES!!!!!!!! BRILLIANT!!!!!!!! I got a big surprise when I came on the site today and there was a new home page, my heart skipped a beat actually. Great Work! :D
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 25 May 2008, 21:33

Added my own little speech+
"Icarus" & "CP" advance artworks!
(also updated some poster galleries, see "what's new" section)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 25 May 2008, 23:26

Congratulations on the ten years. I think I've been visiting if not for that entire time then at least very close. Pretty amazing how a fan-site has now evolved into giving you a chance to both interview Lundgren and visit the set of one of his films.

Hopefully the next 10 years will be even more eventful for the site. Between DIRECT CONTACT, COMMAND PERFORMANCE, and (crossing my fingers) ICARUS there should be lots to look forward to.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 27 May 2008, 20:05

Congratulation for probably the most comprehensive fan site on the Web. And I don't mean the most comprehensive Dolph site but overall fan site. It shows the dedication of his fans and I hope (and believe) that he really knows that his fans are a die-hard crowd of followers who will stay with him until his last film - hopefully at least for another two or three decades. Clint shows us that still being very successful and very good is no matter of age.

Great that you took up the work and dedication after the first owner decided to move on to other tasks. And fantastic that you managed to develop it and make it bloom.

CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY, MANY THANKS FOR THE WORK AND LOVE YOU PUT INTO THIS AND GIVE US ALL THIS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED INFO.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 28 May 2008, 14:54

Great job Jox! I am glad the site has been kept alive all these years. I remember 1998 and when I first found the site. Trying to download the gallery page on a 56k modem was rough! :lol:
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 28 May 2008, 16:01

Just joining he choir: Congrats and thank you to you Jox!
I found the site sometime around the millenium and it has constantly evolved and continues to be all a Dolph-fan needs online!
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 28 May 2008, 20:14

Thanks a lot guys but I owe some of the credit to BDW (wants to stay anonymous) who first created, designed and launched the site back then and until 2003. I try my best, we'll see how I can keep it up...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 29 May 2008, 22:15

Congratulations to both of you.
You have managed to, in turn, create and (constantly) develope, the greatest fan site on the web.
Thank you very much for all your hard work.
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 02 Jun 2008, 12:45

By the way I don't think I stressed enough that Dolph is really the great, nicest guy that he is known to be.

Not only has he been supported me a lot lately but he is he considerate and respectful of anyone, and cares about people individually. And this might also have to do with his high level education (and therefore his sense of workflow and organization) but he always finds the time to respond to emails (even just to say "I'll get back to you"), and in my professional (and personal) experience I found it not to be true of anyone...
Jox
Site Admin

Re: The site is 10 years!

Postby Luigi on 22 Jan 2009, 02:11

I just found this great site! It has lots of useful information about the man. Here's for at least another 10 years!
Luigi

Postby evegotbet on 30 Jun 2009, 06:03

Yeah, but what good is a site if the "MAN" doesn't visit it and answer some of the fan mail. u can only talk about the "MAN" to each other so much :? .
evegotbet

Postby Mosquito on 30 Jun 2009, 10:03

evegotbet, I don't agree. The good thing about a fan site is that you can do much more. See, on official sites you send your fan mail and if you're lucky you will eventually get an answer and/or your mail will be published. Over here we can discuss and everything is instantaneous. Plus, we don't have to care for publicists or such who might try to filter negative comments etc.

On the main fan site there is so much info that could never have been gathered and presented by some paid person who does never put so much heart into it than a real fan does. Same here: Jox and his predecessor gathered and presented everything, not just the stuff that might be good for business right now. And we all can see by the info posted here that Dolph is so darn busy flying around the world, filming, promoting or looking for new stuff that he himself could never take care of a website on top of it all.

Of course it would be fantastic if Dolph would send a message to us, but during the last year especially I began to realise why he answered the inquiries to his official site so few times and with huge gaps. He is busy as hell! Sure, you might complain that we are his fans and he should take more care. But I bet he does. He just doesn't find the time to write. He did answer our questions in several interviews, conducted by Jox or by the guys at movieweb or others.

And who knows, if we're lucky, Jox might have new stuff for us very soon. ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 30 Jun 2009, 12:15

Of all the celebrities Dolph is one who cares the most about his fans and is grateful for their support and would probably rather answer fan mail than go through his hundred business emails everyday. We developing new stuff for the next year, just takes a bit more time than expected but it should turn out pretty cool. At some point there should be online chat with the man or something like that for him to interact directly with fans...
Jox
Site Admin

Next

Return to Web Site Discussion