WANTED MAN (Dolph Lundgren, 2023)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: WANTED MAN

Postby dolphage on 27 Jul 2009, 21:31

Jack Caine wrote:If anything, Dolph should do a movie where he plays a Detroit lawyer who realizes he's defending the shitbags of the world and goes vigilante.

That's so specific :). Are you from Detroit, per chance? But that could be a fun idea. It would work best if DL gets his clients off and they go on to kill someone (close to him), and that's when he goes apeshit. Because he, sorta blames himself.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Darling on 28 Jul 2009, 01:53

Jox,I know you are not rude to me,I also will not argue with you.It was just my Opinion.
Of course I look forward to CP.
I hope so much,he will play in 2010 differnt Movies.And also I hope he will shoot his Dream-Project "Otto Skorzeny".I know the Screenwriter is one of the best Author in Germany and Dolph was the Employer.
Darling
Regular

Postby Warchild on 28 Jul 2009, 04:12

Tom wrote:I think Wanted Man for Dolph will be a project to finally get "his" Western on screen. MM was problematic for him. Sony gave him a lot of shit to deal with.

If indeed Dolph can get the film made by producing and finding finance himself (JC did for Eagle Path), and set the schedules, bring in actors he wants, and do the script he set out to do, without producers making him alter the story for marketing reasons, then this could be awesome.

I hope he can give it a good 2 month shooting schedule, so there's more time to set up the action, and more time for setting up cranes, dollys etc.

I'd love to see Dolph doing a Western in mexico. I'd love it to be a period one too. Budget isn't much of an excuse, if the script is right. It can be a more intimate scale Western. If Dolph sets the rules for what he wants, and delivers, I'm sure it could be his best work to date. He's not had a directors gig yet where he's not butted heads with producers, and working within the DTV studio system, that will always be the case.

Van Damme completely made the film he wanted with TEP. And while it may not look fantastic, he's not as adept at directing as Dolph. He doesn't have the focus. But the film looks better than his other DTV, because the shooting schedule was slightly longer, giving the DP time to light all the shots properly, and give it a nice look.
It could also mean D can pick the sound companies, and composer, editor, he wants etc. Often these companies will only let you use people who work for them, or companies they have a rapport with.

I agree, but directing and acting is already i think too much for Dolph maybe producing also would just take too much time out of Dolph, it would be nice too se Dolph in full control and noone whining behind his back about the movie taking too long and so many other things.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jox on 28 Jul 2009, 13:01

The reason behind Dolph wanting (not definitive yet) to produce it himself be in control, make the decisions himself and avoid some of the struggles he's been facing lately. But as opposed to JCVD, he wouldn't finance it himself.

Btw Dolph first mentioned the project last year in this interview for the AFI festival:
http://vimeo.com/863364
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 28 Jul 2009, 20:25

I have been expecting this project to come up next. I am a little skeptical about it at the moment. I think Command Performance has an originality and a sense of nostalgia almost to help it go far, Icarus just looks like it will be a little special and shocking. Somehow with this project though, the plot is all too familiar and the setting reminds me of Missionary Man. I enjoyed Missionary Man even although the colours got fucked on transfer to DVD but it was really cheap. I hope if Dolph makes another modern western like the proposed Wanted Man then he has a bigger budget. For some reason movies set out in the middle of nowhere or in a small town always reek cheap and DTV for me. I just bought Walking Tall with The Rock and I watched the trailer, I will check the movie later on. It must have had a sizeable budget but because of it's setting it looks a little cheap. I only hope Dolph makes the movie fast paced and has a lot of chases in it and some really good action. For me Dolph is excellent at shoot-outs and that's why I'm so looking forward to Icarus which has a pretty expensive look. Action movies set in the city for me are always best, but due to budget constraints I realise that's not always possible, that and the fact the setting of this story wouldn't likely be in the city. Anyway, I am a little skeptical because of the setting and because of the story but Dolph has a way of putting his own touch on something unoriginal which makes for a better movie. We'll see.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 28 Jul 2009, 20:55

I'm not sure but from what I understood this would be more of a chase movie, unlike MM...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 29 Jul 2009, 00:26

Darling wrote:By the Way,my only Hope is,Dolph will play in 2010 the War-movie in Berlin.The Script is ready to go!

Where do I have to apply as an extra? ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 29 Jul 2009, 22:00

That is what I wanted to hear Jox. There are so many foot chases and car chases missing from DTV movies. Pistol Whipped had a good one for the budget and when the footage wasn't from other damn movies Direct Contact did too. Trucks racing across a barren landscape and flipping and blowing up, nice and gritty, that would be good.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby evegotbet on 30 Jul 2009, 00:08

:) is it true, one can "apply as an x-tra"? Dolph can do a western in southern New Mexico. it's near enough to the Mexican border - close enough; :roll: that's where i'm located right now - by New Mexico State University in USA :? . then i might be able to see Dolph. my GOD, i might faint or have a heart attach b/f it actually comes true :| .
evegotbet

Postby Warchild on 30 Jul 2009, 02:21

Some really bad ass villains would be nice and not some shrimps that are much smaller than Dolph and maybe hand to hand martial arts Dolph, u got it in you show it to the fans :D
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 30 Jul 2009, 06:49

dolphage wrote:
Jack Caine wrote:If anything, Dolph should do a movie where he plays a Detroit lawyer who realizes he's defending the shitbags of the world and goes vigilante.

That's so specific :). Are you from Detroit, per chance?

Surprisingly, no. Pennsylvania--2 hours from where George A Romero lived.

If anything I think it would be pretty badass if Dolph played a Border Patrolman and did it better than The Shepherd (which wouldn't be too difficult), or at least rode a horse and shot bad guys on jeeps. THAT would be awesome!
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby evegotbet on 15 Aug 2009, 02:12

i have a good question... who will be the lucky girl ? ( :( , sad, b/c i know its not me) :D .
evegotbet

Postby algren on 23 Aug 2009, 16:38

Story doesnt sound great. But it might be good. We need to see visuals for us to form an opinion.
algren

Postby leigh1975 on 28 Aug 2009, 21:25

Jack Caine wrote:Every time I read about this, I think of Extreme Prejudice--the kickass modern western Walter Hill made with Nick Nolte, which is one of my absolute fav movies ever. If Dolph can make anything as mindblowing as that movie, I'll be more than happy.

TOTALLY agree! This screams Walter Hill, and we know after Mechanik Dolph can inhabit a hard-boiled genre offering well. I also agree with Extreme Prejudice, that film has one epic climax, it's Peckinpah-tastic!!!
leigh1975

Postby Jack Caine on 30 Aug 2009, 05:57

Wow, you're the first person I've met online in a long time who loves EP just as much as I do! I always thought it would've been really cool if Hill wrote a comic book with Jack Benteen as the main character, just doing his Texas crime-destroying routine. Esteve Polls would be perfect to draw it, too.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies