WANTED MAN (Dolph Lundgren, 2023)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: WANTED MAN

Postby leigh1975 on 30 Aug 2009, 13:49

I'd like a spin off where you get to find out about other missions by the mercenaries, and find out a hell of a lot more about the Colonel in particular. It is indeed one of my favorite Hill movies, aside from Southern Comfort. Getting back on topic, that's why I think i like Mechanik and Missionary Man, they both have a Walter Hill flavour to them. As will Wanted Man, which I think Dolph should consider directing. You should try and get the UK DVD of Extreme Prejudice, it's anamorphic widescreen.
leigh1975

Postby Jox on 30 Aug 2009, 13:57

For some reason I never got the chance to see EXTREME PREJUDICE, should track it down...

leigh1975 wrote:As will Wanted Man, which I think Dolph should consider directing.

WM is a self-developed project (along with his MM co-writer friend), Dolph IS gonna DIRECT it. But he's even also considering producing it.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 30 Aug 2009, 15:39

What sorta status is the film in now, is Dolph eyeing a 2009 start? Does it have a full, but perhaps not finalized script? I reckon Dolph should definately take a couple of months off before starting on Wanted Man. It would actually be really cool if he made this a SEQUEL to Missionary Man, probably that's not possible but Dolph should maybe consider a sequel to one of his self-directed DTV movies that did well, Missionary Man would probably be the obvious choice...just a thought.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 30 Aug 2009, 15:43

Jox wrote:For some reason I never got the chance to see EXTREME PREJUDICE, should track it down...

leigh1975 wrote:As will Wanted Man, which I think Dolph should consider directing.

WM is a self-developed project (along with his MM co-writer friend), Dolph IS gonna DIRECT it. But he's even also considering producing it.

If he's following through with that personal production trifecta, he should go ahead and make the dvd cover as well, as opposed to letting the distributor just paste some image from his previous film onto a shitty/blank background.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby Mosquito on 30 Aug 2009, 16:06

Nathan wrote:It would actually be really cool if he made this a SEQUEL to Missionary Man, probably that's not possible but Dolph should maybe consider a sequel to one of his self-directed DTV movies that did well, Missionary Man would probably be the obvious choice...just a thought.

I'm with you on that one. MM2, maybe a bit faster paced. Would be very nice.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby leigh1975 on 30 Aug 2009, 18:58

Mosquito wrote:
Nathan wrote:It would actually be really cool if he made this a SEQUEL to Missionary Man, probably that's not possible but Dolph should maybe consider a sequel to one of his self-directed DTV movies that did well, Missionary Man would probably be the obvious choice...just a thought.

I'm with you on that one. MM2, maybe a bit faster paced. Would be very nice.

I actually liked the pace of MM, it played in the same leisurely pace that a lot of those type of films of the 70s did, such as Coogan's Bluff, Getaway and Alfredo Garcia, which all only had a couple of action sequences, yet were still accepted in the genre. I love that period and the directors that worked at that time; mid period Peckinpah, Don Siegel, early Hill and so on.
leigh1975

Postby leigh1975 on 30 Aug 2009, 19:11

BTW Jox, for the price of about 3 Euros, you can pick up Extreme Prejudice on Amazon, and it's the only widescreen version;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... 381&sr=8-1
leigh1975

Postby Krom on 31 Aug 2009, 01:23

Yeah, the uk version of Extreme Prejudice is the best, this is one of my fav childhood movies alongside Joshua Tree;)
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 31 Aug 2009, 07:16

leigh1975 wrote:I actually liked the pace of MM, it played in the same leisurely pace that a lot of those type of films of the 70s did, such as Coogan's Bluff, Getaway and Alfredo Garcia, which all only had a couple of action sequences, yet were still accepted in the genre. I love that period and the directors that worked at that time; mid period Peckinpah, Don Siegel, early Hill and so on.

Hell yes, MM certainly had some of that same emotion and aspect of Peckinpah's classics like The Getaway (my fav) and had a similar tone of finale. Dolph certainly has the eye for detail like directors from days of yore that made those films so sensational. He captures that kind of violent, realistic fairytale setting that Walter Hill had. If only he could do a stylish, elemental film like 48 Hrs or even The Gauntlet--I'd be completely sold. Dolph has the brains to do so, but Sony just has too much rope tied around his hand.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby Jox on 31 Aug 2009, 10:47

If Dolph would make a sequel out of his own films, I think THE MECHANIK would be a more obvious choice. It has room for more story, it was probably the most successful (commercially AND critically), one of Dolph's favorites and plus Nu Image would be more than happy to finance it and have it filmed at their studios.

What sorta status is the film in now, is Dolph eyeing a 2009 start? Does it have a full, but perhaps not finalized script? I reckon Dolph should definately take a couple of months off before starting on Wanted Man.

Not sure what the exact status is but it's not ready to start for sure.

They've been working on the script for a couple of years now but as you know they never stop re-writing and polishing it until filming is wrapped.
If he's following through with that personal production trifecta, he should go ahead and make the dvd cover as well, as opposed to letting the distributor just paste some image from his previous film onto a shitty/blank background.

In a perfect world. Producer/ distributor: not the same thing. Unless he has the distribution rights and releases himself (which I have never seen done by a director, except for David Lynch who released his INLAND EMPIRE in the US and took the prints in each city personally) it doesn't give him the control and rights to decide on the cover; he can only make one and they can accept to use it or not.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby algren on 25 Sep 2009, 21:56

Huh? Whats this then?

I thought Dolph's next was Command Performance and UniSol 3.... :?:
algren

Postby Jox on 25 Sep 2009, 21:59

This project has not been filmed yet, but it would be Dolph's next after THE EXPENDABLES. Filming in Mexico, Dolph might be co-producing as well directing, no production dates set yet though.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby algren on 26 Sep 2009, 18:27

So it has been greenlit? Its definately Dolph's next?

Anyone know if its a dtv fare?

He should wait for Expendables to come out, then he might get offered some roles in movies that go to cinemas.
algren

Postby Jox on 26 Sep 2009, 18:52

It's greenlit by Dolph if I may say so... he was supposed to scout locations this month and as far as I know this is the first of his own personal projects (with a thriller called SKIN TRADE to follow) in his focus right now, but of course if he's offered something good he could push it back...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 26 Sep 2009, 19:13

Don't really think he should wait for THE EXPENDABLES to come out before doing another film. That's still 11 months away from coming out. I can see him not starting a new film for the rest of the year, especially since he'll be promoting CP and I assume doing some post-work on ICARUS in that time. But I hope he starts work on a new flick in early 2010.
Moltisanti
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies