HOW and WHEN did you become a DOLPH FAN?

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: HOW and WHEN did you become a DOLPH FAN?

Postby The Dolphinator on 21 Apr 2009, 01:13

The first movie I think about when I think about The Dolph is Red Scorpion.. It cruised by on the TV, just a part, but it was enough for me to be sold...!
:wink:
The Dolphinator

Postby evegotbet on 19 May 2009, 00:23

i became a Dolph fan when i was 14 years old and i saw the movie "Rocky IV". That Russian guy, DL,was gorgeous. whistle. whistle. i'm 36 now and he's still gorgeous to me.
evegotbet

Postby Quatters on 05 Jun 2009, 12:11

My first Dolph movie was Showdown in Little Tokyo and everything built from there!

Admittedly, the first Dolph movie I ever remember was Masters of the Universe, but that was quite a long time ago when I was pretty damn young.

Also Hey all other Dolph fans!

http://mightyjustice.net/forum/index.php The second most Dolphingest place on earth
Quatters

Postby Jox on 06 Jun 2009, 01:48

Cool, thank you and welcome Quatters! :D
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Simon on 11 Jun 2009, 20:33

I became a fan after watching Red Scorpion back in 1990. After that I bought almost every Dolph movie.
Simon

Postby Jox on 11 Jun 2009, 23:29

See you've been a long time loyal fan then, good to have you here Simon!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby UNISOL W7 on 31 Jul 2009, 19:12

dolphage wrote:Like for many others, the first movie I saw with DL was "Rocky IV" and it blew my little kiddie -mind! He was so fckng AWESOME! This giant, blonde machine of a man, just the embodiment of invulnerability. I actually started rooting for him. And when Rocky won I was devastated. Still am... Punkass Rocky!

Hello, All!

I became a fan of Dolph Lundgren when I saw him as He-Man in Masters of the Universe [1987], I used to watch this film everyday as a kid! Later, Lundgren became my 2nd favorite action hero of all times (after Jean-Claude Van Damme) when he made Universal Soldier [1992] because I am diabetic since I was 11 and this film inspired me somehow to become a stronger person. He is a great guy and I respect him so much.
In the photo below some martial artists and actors; all of them are my friends for real and soon Mr. Lundgren will be too (I am the guy between Todd Senofonte & Michael Bailey Smith).

Note: Rocky won, only cuz Stallone directed the movie :P
UNISOL W7

Postby dolphage on 31 Jul 2009, 21:05

Welcome aboard!

Nice picture, you're doing the "Van Damme" pose!
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Hailgun on 02 Sep 2009, 01:10

I used to be a huge fan of action movies when I was a kid and I've seen tons of them, together with my brother, hiding from parents, feeling hardcore. I don't really remember much from that period, since I was around 6 or 7, but Dolph Lundgren was one of the great action heroes of that time and I loved him just like the rest.

Then I moved on with my life and didn't pay much attention to movies for years.

I couple of months ago, I accidentally saw Joshua Tree on TV. OMG I was awestruck, I completely forgot how much I loved action movies and how awesome Dolph is. Then I decided it's time to refresh my memories and I downloaded a couple of action movies from the 90s, and I discovered Lundgren is the most amazing out of all the movie stars EVER, and both Segal and Van Damme, my childhood favourites, are not even close to his levels of win.
So now I'm suddenly a huge fan and in the process of collecting all of his DVDs, but I kinda always liked him, for as long as I can remember.
Hailgun

Location: Poland, somewhere in the depth of Pomeranian forests

Postby Miss Kitka on 09 Dec 2009, 18:09

Hi, I'm Kitka and I'm new here at this DL website!, I am DL fan since I saw him in Rocky IV, I was 14 years old, I remember that I have a big poster of him on my bedroom's door, and my sister had a big poster of Sylvester Stallone on her bedroom's door.

He is my platonic love since then. I remember that sometimes I couldn't eat, or sleep, because I was so in love with him...I couldn't concentrate at school.

I think that he is the most talented, intelligent, handsome man in the whole world!!!! I used to feel "butterflies" in my stomach every time that I saw him on TV, well I still have. I would like to see Dolph in some other kind of movies, I don't know, like more drama, I think that he has the talent to do everything! I'm a fan of horror movies, and I haven't seen Dolph in some of this kind of movies, I hope to see him on this genre soon.

Now, the vampire's movies are on top!!!! like Twilight: New Moon, coming soon "Dark Shadows" which Johnny Depp will play Barnabas Collins, movies like Underworld, where a woman is the heroe, Dolph could do a good heroe too.

A question, Dolph reads the messages here?

Kitka
Miss Kitka

Postby Rukia212002 on 05 Apr 2010, 21:09

I first became a fan of Dolph Lundgren ever since the Rocky 4 film and when Dolph played He Man in Masters of the universe. I love his films including The Punisher, Dark Angel, Men Of War, Universal Soldier, Pentathlon, Cover Up, The Shooter, Silent Trigger, and Bridge of Dragons but I haven't yet seen his more later movies so I'm going to try and get to see more of his films soon. I agree with Miss Kitka whenever I see Dolph in any of his films I just get this great feeling of butterflies in my stomach and I tend to just daydream about him all the time. Dolph is the most intelligent,sexiest, and hunkiest action stars I've ever seen in the world. I cannot wait to see him in his soon to be released comeback role in The Expendables August 13 & 20 2010 will be a great day for Dolph fans everywhere in the world. :wink:
Rukia212002

Postby Tom on 05 Apr 2010, 23:19

Rukia212002 wrote:I first became a fan of Dolph Lundgren ever since the Rocky 4 film and when Dolph played He Man in Masters of the universe. I love his films including The Punisher, Dark Angel, Men Of War, Universal Soldier, Pentathlon, Cover Up, The Shooter, Silent Trigger, and Bridge of Dragons but I haven't yet seen his more later movies so I'm going to try and get to see more of his films soon. I agree with Miss Kitka whenever I see Dolph in any of his films I just get this great feeling of butterflies in my stomach and I tend to just daydream about him all the time. Dolph is the most intelligent,sexiest, and hunkiest action stars I've ever seen in the world. I cannot wait to see him in his soon to be released comeback role in The Expendables August 13 & 20 2010 will be a great day for Dolph fans everywhere in the world. :wink:

Welcome aboard. Always good to have a few more of the UK contigent too! It always seemed like D's popularity had dwindled a lot in the UK, but he's slowly picking up interest here again, as well as the US.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 05 Apr 2010, 23:58

Welcome Rukia212002!

I always felt that Dolph had a solid base of fans in the UK that for some reason has always been dismissed and snubbed by the UK distributors. (Maybe after THE EXPENDABLES the same will happen as in Sweden, everybody will celebrate the D-man and say as if they've always been fans?!)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Rukia212002 on 08 Apr 2010, 19:34

Hi there Dolph fans :) I just wanted to say thank you to Tom and Jox for the warm welcome :D i really really appreciate it and it's so great to know that there are fans like me who appreciate Dolph's movies as I've always thought that Dolph never really gets the recognition for his hard work . :( But what disappointed me the most was that no one could take him seriously as an actor so Dolph never really got major roles in big movies :( and I honestly think that Dolph was so excellent as Andrew Scott but I think that's there loss. I've always thought that Dolph was a fantastic actor and his got even better as the years gone by for example Universal Soldier: Regeneration I loved him in that 15 mins he had onscreen.

Yes I agree with you Jox 8) there are UK fans out there but there will definitely be more after The Expendables is shown in the UK cinemas in August but I agree with you Jox it's so hard to get hold of his latest releases they don't seem to be bothered about his movies anymore like they used to? The last DVD I got was The Mechanik but then after that they stopped distributing his films in the UK :x like as if Dolph has no fans in the UK and Sweden which is untrue because there are.

Hi Tom :P it's great to hear that u are a fan like me because your a true Dolph fan of his and you were still a fan of his when Dolph went in the straight to Video or DVD films direction and Dolph's popularity waned so people must have lost interest. I used to rent Dolph's movies in my local Blockbuster Video but that was when Dolph was popular in the late 80's - 90's - 2000? But now I don't see any of his movies to rent anymore so I've had to order his films on Amazon UK/US or HMV which is useless and they don't sell his films in my local store I tend to easily find Dolph's films in the westend. Yes there are UK fans but they must be somewhere but I think there's always been US fans and that's because it's easy to get hold of his films and not in the UK. But in the UK they don't seem to be interested in getting his movies released here.But I agree with you that Dolph is gaining fans little by little so hopefully we'll see his latest releases after his comeback film The Expendables.
Rukia212002

Postby UNISOL W7 on 10 Apr 2010, 15:21

dolphage wrote:Welcome aboard!
Nice picture, you're doing the "Van Damme" pose!

Thank you, Dolphage :)
Guys, today, I am the luckiest person on earth... I just got my signed UniSol picture by both Mr. Van Damme & Mr. Lundgren... It is a dream that became true after so long! Yeah...

dolphage wrote:Like for many others, the first movie I saw with DL was "Rocky IV" and it blew my little kiddie -mind! He was so fckng AWESOME! This giant, blonde machine of a man, just the embodiment of invulnerability. I actually started rooting for him. And when Rocky won I was devastated. Still am... Punkass Rocky!

Hello, All!

I became a fan of Dolph Lundgren when I saw him as He-Man in Masters of the Universe [1987], I used to watch this film everyday as a kid! Later, Lundgren became my 2nd favorite action hero of all times (after Jean-Claude Van Damme) when he made Universal Soldier [1992] because I am diabetic since I was 11 and this film inspired me somehow to become a stronger person. He is a great guy and I respect him so much.
In the photo below some martial artists and actors; all of them are my friends for real and soon Mr. Lundgren will be too (I am the guy between Todd Senofonte & Michael Bailey Smith).

Note: Rocky won, only cuz Stallone directed the movie :P
UNISOL W7

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion