Dolph's BOX OFFICE

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Movie grosses? DVD revenue? VHS sales? etc

Postby algren on 09 Sep 2009, 01:34

Hello,

I figure this is the place to come for all the Dolph knowledge. So here i am. I require some information, any information at all on box office gross, DVD rentals revenue, DVD sales, VHS rentals, VHS sales, International numbers and worldwide numbers, anything at all for any of Dolphs movies, Can you please post it here.

Thankyou

I just found out recently that from the start of his career he started to have dtv movies. I thought it was a reasonably new thing, but for Dolph it wasnt. His early movies never went to the cinema, or at least it hasnt been recorded. One of the two. Anyway, i'm sure you guys will put me straight. ANYTHING YOU HAVE, ANY SORT OF 'EARNINGS' DATA YOU HAVE, PLEASE POST HERE.

thankyou, again.
algren

Re: Movie grosses? DVD revenue? VHS sales? etc

Postby Jox on 09 Sep 2009, 10:11

Algren,

- DTV has always existed, in the 80s it was for the likes Bo Svenson, Fred Wiliamson, Reb Brown etc. Now it's a bigger market and touches bigger stars.

- this is the numbers I could gather over years, it also give you indication of which films were released theatrically and where:
http://www.dolph-ultimate.com/dolph-in/box-us.html

Very hard or almost impossible to get VHS and DVD sales and rentals figures, but note that last year Dolph's MISSIONARY MAN took $7 million in its first 4 weeks of rental in the US, which was more than Van Damme's THE SHEPHERD and Seagal's PISTOL WHIPPED!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby algren on 10 Sep 2009, 10:16

Thanks jox. One thing i dont understand is why you have Missionary Man as a limited theatrical release and Silent Trigger as a TV Premiere. Shouldnt it be the other way around?

Missionary Man made $6,980,000 before it left the top 50.
algren

Postby algren on 10 Sep 2009, 10:21

In the USA, Silent Trigger made $76,382 on a limited release.
algren

Postby Jox on 10 Sep 2009, 10:45

algren wrote:Thanks jox. One thing i dont understand is why you have Missionary Man as a limited theatrical release and Silent Trigger as a TV Premiere. Shouldnt it be the other way around?

MM played for one week in a San Diego theater, and as far as my research go ST officialy premiered on HBO.
In the USA, Silent Trigger made $76,382 on a limited release.
I couldn't find confirmation of a limited release and I don't trust these IMDB figures.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby algren on 11 Sep 2009, 18:27

All of your information on www.dolph-ultimate.com/dolph-in/box-us.html is from imdb, so why dont you trust one figure from the rest?
algren

Postby Jox on 11 Sep 2009, 19:45

Most of the info on IMDB I posted it myself :mrgreen: (from various sources, national statistics and trade magazines), that's a huge difference!.

So why don't I trust this? because I haven't found confirmation of it, still might be true but might also be misplaced...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby algren on 12 Sep 2009, 18:27

Oh okay. Fair enough.

I have some information to give you soon on extra grosses that i believe you do not have. Its okay, i am a reliable source. I will tell the sources when i give you it.
algren

Postby algren on 12 Sep 2009, 20:29

I just looked at imdb.com and it states that Men of War has a US gross of $4,348,368. I didnt even know it was released at theaters in the US.

Can you shed some light on this....
algren

Postby Jox on 13 Sep 2009, 01:13

algren wrote:I have some information to give you soon on extra grosses that i believe you do not have. Its okay, i am a reliable source. I will tell the sources when i give you it.

Any information you have is welcomed! :wink:

I just looked at imdb.com and it states that Men of War has a US gross of $4,348,368. I didnt even know it was released at theaters in the US.

Can you shed some light on this....
Me neither. And who knows if someone didn't post it as video grosses. Actually, director Perry Lang told me himself in an interview that Miramax had bought the movie with a promise of a theatrical release that they didn't keep. They had test screenings with excellent results and yet they opted out with the reasoning that the audience wouldn't come to theaters to see Dolph as a lead hero! Go figure...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 13 Sep 2009, 06:18

I know that The Last Warrior was Dolph's last movie in the top 50 rental charts before it left with only 1.1 million, since then it never was in the top 50 again until MM came out and made the top 50.
Warchild
Regular

Postby algren on 13 Sep 2009, 23:39

So, i'm guessing that $4 Million figure is complete rubbish, then.

The Last Warrior only made $1.1 Million? Don't suppose you have the weekly breakdown do you? Or just the opening week?

Anything!!!??? lol :lol:
algren

Postby algren on 13 Sep 2009, 23:43

Sorry jox, my information wasn't quite right. I meant to say that imdb.com had the US Box Office gross at $7,160,000. No that $4 million figure i gave you before.

Because the figure ends with 000, it seems that its either a guess or an estimation. Partnered with your information from the director, its best not to believe it.

Glad we got to the bottom of that one pretty fast.
algren

Postby Mosquito on 14 Sep 2009, 20:17

Just a question: Why is this so important?
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 14 Sep 2009, 20:38

Same as any statics, so maybe not so much and yet it's informative. Use it or leave it. I used attach a lot of importance to it, not sure why, and I wish I could get all the figures for the DTV releases to have an absolute all time Dolph box office.
Jox
Site Admin

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies