Dolph on Conan O'Brien's TONIGHT SHOW!!!

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Dolph on Conan O'Brien's TONIGHT SHOW!!!

Postby Jox on 04 Nov 2009, 11:07

http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.c ... ero-cameo/

Dolph Lundgren was on The Tonight Show with Conan O' Brien for all of 30 seconds. He was in a skit, but no mention of his new movies or anything.

Should be up on Hulu or NBC.com later today though.



*SPOILERS FOR SKIT*








































Ok. Conan mentioned a new skit about luring celebs to his show for their b-days. He mentions two nobodies and Dolph (who gets a nice pop). It's a cake with all three names on it. Tall big BOX over top of it suspended, so once the celeb goes for the cake, they are trapped. At the end of the second segment before the first guest, the box drops and bell goes off. Conan rushes over and reveals it's Dolph under the box eating a handful of B-day cake.

It was .
User avatar
Jox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19089
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 23:03

Re: Dolph on Conan O'Brien's TONIGHT SHOW!!!

Postby bomaz on 04 Nov 2009, 11:13

WoW can't wait to see that on YouTube. I hope Conan will talk about the movie, because he's big, isn't he ? (and, oh, btw, i wonder if he's taller than dolph or not ?)

Edit : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlBDW-zIfMY
User avatar
bomaz
Member
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: 18 Jan 2004, 01:00
Location: Toulouse , FRANCE


Re: Dolph on Conan O'Brien's TONIGHT SHOW!!!

Postby Tom on 04 Nov 2009, 13:31

How tall is Conan by the way!! Jeez.
User avatar
Tom
Regular
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: 03 Jan 2004, 13:59
Location: Marlow, England

Re: Dolph on Conan O'Brien's TONIGHT SHOW!!!

Postby bomaz on 04 Nov 2009, 13:54

Tom wrote:How tall is Conan by the way!! Jeez.

1.93m ... I'm good at finding interesting stuff... :lol:
User avatar
bomaz
Member
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: 18 Jan 2004, 01:00
Location: Toulouse , FRANCE

Re: Dolph on Conan O'Brien's TONIGHT SHOW!!!

Postby dolphage on 04 Nov 2009, 14:53

I can't beleive it! Those are my two heroes! Next to eachother! I seriously can't beleive it.

Holy

Hellballs.

Life is good.
Spring, era jävlar!
User avatar
dolphage
Regular
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 16:05
Location: Spain

Re: Dolph on Conan O'Brien's TONIGHT SHOW!!!

Postby Jox on 04 Nov 2009, 15:06

Yeah if he had to do a mainstream talk show it had to be Conan's, and he did! :D
(too bad I'm sure this appearance was booked last minute hence the short length)

EDIT:
here's the full high quality clip!
http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.c ... 9/1172446/
User avatar
Jox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19089
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 23:03

Re: Dolph on Conan O'Brien's TONIGHT SHOW!!!

Postby Travis on 05 Nov 2009, 10:53

Conan is a fan of Dolph. He often references him and had him as a guest on his old show. I used to have a tape of that.
User avatar
Travis
Regular
 
Posts: 481
Joined: 13 Jan 2004, 22:22

Re: Dolph on Conan O'Brien's TONIGHT SHOW!!!

Postby dolphage on 05 Nov 2009, 16:54

This cameo is PERFECT for DL. He struggles a little whenever he's an actual guest on talk shows. I mean, he's always a nice guy and very charming, but there is a particular sense of humor and unwritten rules that you have to be able to handle to make a really good appearance. It seems that there is also, a slight, language and cultural barrier still, that makes The Big Guy miss some of the beats and set ups for jokes.

I loved seeing him on the Swedish talk show "Robins", he really handled that well. But whenever he's on an American/English show the rhythm is a little off.

Having said that, right now he's the best he's ever been at handling the press. He is more relaxed and has a greater sense of humor about himself than ever before, so maybe he's ready after all.
Spring, era jävlar!
User avatar
dolphage
Regular
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 16:05
Location: Spain

Re: Dolph on Conan O'Brien's TONIGHT SHOW!!!

Postby Jox on 05 Nov 2009, 17:14

dolphage wrote:I loved seeing him on the Swedish talk show "Robins", he really handled that well. But whenever he's on an American/English show the rhythm is a little off.

Having said that, right now he's the best he's ever been at handling the press. He is more relaxed and has a greater sense of humor about himself than ever before, so maybe he's ready after all.

Sometimes he can be a little slow to respond, even with no jokes involved, but that's because like me his brain is always thinking and processing so much. But I'll tell you when he's making the jokes you gotta be on your toes because he'll be ahead of you!
User avatar
Jox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19089
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 23:03

Re: Dolph on Conan O'Brien's TONIGHT SHOW!!!

Postby Jox on 05 Nov 2009, 18:05

It's No1 in the "most viewed section" right now.
User avatar
Jox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19089
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 23:03

Re: Dolph on Conan O'Brien's TONIGHT SHOW!!!

Postby dolphage on 05 Nov 2009, 18:44

Jox wrote:But I'll tell you when he's making the jokes you gotta be on your toes because he'll be ahead of you!

I'm used to that. Most people are way ahead of me! I'm not that bright. That's why I hang around small children so much, I seem really smart by comparison. That... And other reasons...
Jox wrote:It's No1 in the "most viewed section" right now.

Awesome. I immediately Facebooked the links and told my friends (both of them) (=mom AND dad) to check it out. As I HOPE you all did (or will)!
Spring, era jävlar!
User avatar
dolphage
Regular
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 16:05
Location: Spain

Re: Dolph on Conan O'Brien's TONIGHT SHOW!!!

Postby Mosquito on 05 Nov 2009, 23:52

Geez your impossible, dolphage. :wink:

Loved that appearance, I'm a big fan of Conan, too, even though I didn't watch his show for quite a while now. The channel wasn't available to me and it wasn't worth getting it through outher measures. But maybe I'll start again or check if it's somewhere on satellite. Conan was always more evil as Jay Leno, I like his humour. :twisted:
User avatar
Mosquito
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2140
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 18:23

Re: Dolph on Conan O'Brien's TONIGHT SHOW!!!

Postby MikeR on 06 Nov 2009, 00:05

dolphage wrote:This cameo is PERFECT for DL. He struggles a little whenever he's an actual guest on talk shows. I mean, he's always a nice guy and very charming, but there is a particular sense of humor and unwritten rules that you have to be able to handle to make a really good appearance. It seems that there is also, a slight, language and cultural barrier still, that makes The Big Guy miss some of the beats and set ups for jokes.


Big-D was awesomely laid back and funny each time he appeared on Graham Norton's shows here in the UK. He wasn't even thrown when he had to do a live Swedish to English translation of one of his fans' - well let's be frank - pornographic poetry. Let's hope the BBC can get him back for when his movies get a British release.

M.
User avatar
MikeR
Member
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 24 Feb 2009, 02:41

Re: Dolph on Conan O'Brien's TONIGHT SHOW!!!

Postby dolphage on 06 Nov 2009, 15:45

MikeR wrote:Big-D was awesomely laid back and funny each time he appeared on Graham Norton's shows here in the UK. He wasn't even thrown when he had to do a live Swedish to English translation of one of his fans' - well let's be frank - pornographic poetry. Let's hope the BBC can get him back for when his movies get a British release.

M.

I agree, and he was great on ... I don't know the name... Something with "Judy" in it? Some English talk show... He fares better on European shows. American talk shows can sometimes be difficult to get right if you're not well versed in their intricacies (check out that sentence, I just blew my own mind) (and that's not all I blew...).
Spring, era jävlar!
User avatar
dolphage
Regular
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 16:05
Location: Spain

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron