MELODIFESTIVALEN 2010: Swedish Eurovision qualifications

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

MELODIFESTIVALEN 2010: Swedish Eurovision qualifications

Postby Luigi on 10 Nov 2009, 13:15

According to the biggest newspaper in Sweden, Aftonbladet, Dolph will be one of three hosts during next years qualifications to the Eurovision Song Contest. This is great news as this is the biggest TV-event in Sweden every year with 3 million viewers every friday for 5 weeks. Also this event is a HUGE media event, so we can be sure to see and hear about Dolph A LOT next year!

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/article6097713.ab
Luigi

Re: Dolph to host swedish Eurovision Song Contest qualifications

Postby dolphage on 10 Nov 2009, 13:51

I feel both good and bad about this news at the same time.

The Eurovision is a pretty big deal in Sweden (I personally don't watch it) (I'm a heterosexual) (believe it or not) but at the same time I don't know if it's the best medium for the Big Guy... I don't know. Maybe it is... Former Worlds Strongest Man Magnus Samuelsson went on Dancing With The Stars (and won) and it boosted his profile A LOT in Sweden. Just because I think it's a little too faggy it could still be a really good career choice, I guess.

Yeah, I guess it's not a bad thing.

(I just had a conversation with myself in this message, like a retard) (=FAIL)
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby preacher on 10 Nov 2009, 14:08

This is kinda strange to me.
Why would the producers choose Dolph to host a live TV-event?
I'm not saying it is'nt true but it is strange.
This will boost his profile in sweden no doubt. BUT. The hosts of the Eurovision always get buckets of shit thrown their way in the press. Even if the vast majority like them the tabloids dig up comments from haters and splash em up in the headlines. Because this is the biggest TV-event i sweden and any "scandal" connected to this SELLS.

Anyway. I'm sure Dolph knows what he is doing and the producion behind this thing is very professional.
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 10 Nov 2009, 14:36

When is it supposed to take place? CP is coming out in Sweden on November 25... make some noise fellow Swedes!

EDIT:
official site with press conference video (jeez the music...)
http://svt.se/melodifestivalen?lid=puff ... &lpos=bild

interview
http://svt.se/2.27170/1.1764770/dolph_l ... rt527895=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWA9b_hnkHk

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 10 Nov 2009, 17:21

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=5 ... festivalen

Dolph Lundgren, on the other hand hasn't watched the Contest the past 26 years but had a chance of seeing the 2009 edition it on DVD. He's a famous actor and director, known for his action film roles and can be compared to such legends like Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwartznegger. He's also the European, Australian and Swedish champion in karate.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 10 Nov 2009, 21:51

Heh, funny. I just hope they don't make him wear that thick tan make-up the whole time... argh...
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 10 Nov 2009, 21:56

This is great news, any promotion is great and at least it's not a crappy reality show, far from it. Dolph's really ploughing everyone down with his self-promotion. Great stuff, really great stuff!!
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby preacher on 10 Nov 2009, 22:32

When is it supposed to take place? CP is coming out in Sweden on November 25... make some noise fellow Swedes!

This happening during the first quarter of nex year. Feb-March maybe. So it's not linked to the release of CP in any way.
I read in the Aftonbladet that Dolph won't appear in all shows. he will be there for the first one and the last one and appear in "other ways" in the other shows (pre filmed skits perhaps or live via satelite).
The other hosts are: Christine Meltzer, comedienne and actor. Måns Zelmerlöv: Singer (from swedish 'Idol').
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 11 Nov 2009, 00:33

So it's not linked to the release of CP in any way.

But the fact that the announcement and buzz happens now will probably help the release a little bit which is good and it seems the cult popularity that Dolph acquired last year in Sweden is still there! 8)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 11 Nov 2009, 11:45

Ok... This is all over the news now. This morning Dolph (and Christine and Måns) where on the cover of swedens largest newspapers (Dagens Nyheter, "The Daily News") culture section and they where interviewed on the prime morning show. The trio seem to get along fine and Dolph was his usual charming self on TV.
His reason for doing this is to get the chance to do something big in his native country as it has been strange having your whole career abroad, he said.

Impossible to tell how this will turn out.

One small bit of info that might be interesting. Dolph said that the reason he won't be in sweden for all the shows is that he has to go to the US and work on a script (know anything about that Jox?) for a couple of weeks.

I'm sure there are tons of links out there if someone wants to check these interviews out. I'm of to school now so I can't find hem for you.
preacher
Regular

Postby Tom on 12 Nov 2009, 17:30

One of those pics, looks like Dolph is getting knee'd in the junk by that chick. And it looks like he's enjoying it. :lol:
Tom
Regular

Postby MikeR on 13 Nov 2009, 00:53

Tom wrote:One of those pics, looks like Dolph is getting knee'd in the junk by that chick. And it looks like he's enjoying it. :lol:

To be fair I wouldn't mind being in that position.

Hold on, the Swedes get Big D and we get Graham Norton??? Just tell me he's allowed to kill the acts that really, really suck.

More seriously, has the big guy ever done live TV before?

So let's hope Sweden do their usual job and end up winning the thing so Big D can host the final in 2011. At which point the whole world will just have to accept he is THE man.

M.
MikeR

Postby dolphage on 13 Nov 2009, 15:55

MikeR wrote:
Tom wrote:One of those pics, looks like Dolph is getting knee'd in the junk by that chick.

Depending on how one interprets that statement you, either:

* Like getting kneed in the Balsac
or
* Would like to knee Dolph Lundgren in the Balsac.

Either way, I salute you!

And yeah, it's gonna be interesting seeing DL doing live TV. I hope he has time to prepare a little and rehearse. It has to be perfect!
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby MikeR on 13 Nov 2009, 22:18

dolphage wrote:
MikeR wrote:
Tom wrote:One of those pics, looks like Dolph is getting knee'd in the junk by that chick.

Depending on how one interprets that statement you, either:

* Like getting kneed in the Balsac

:)

I was just thinking she looks like a take-charge kind of girl and I could put up with a small amount of pain... ;)

M.
MikeR

Next

Return to General Discussion