RETROGRADE (Christopher Kulikowski, 2004)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Most excitable upcoming Dolph movie?

Postby Tom on 03 Jan 2004, 15:02

Out of the ones he has filmed or is filming, Detention, Direct Action and Retrograde, which is everyone most looking forward to.

I'm most looking forward to Retrograde. Simply because, while it may be a smaller budget than the others, most likely, I am getting excited about the pairing of Dolph and Gary Daniels in a movie, it's certainly a bit of casting that excites me as a Dolph fan for the first time in ages. He hasn't worked with anyone all that big for ages. Gary Daniels isn't big really but he is a regognizable name amongst action fans. Dolphs last 5 or so have been him and a cast of unkowns. He did work with Cary Tigawa and Bruce Payne who are quite well known, and Roy Schieder as well but this is the first biggish name since those guys. Also the fact that the director has only done one previous movie leaves a sense of mystery to his quality. We all know what Sidney can do. He used to be good, but that was in the 60's and 70's. Looking at his films in the last 10 years it looks as if he has lost it. This Christopher Kulikowski's one film so far was a sci-fi film, like Retrograde will be (which is another excitable thing) and that got a few awards. I might try and buy it on ebay see what it's like. It is apparantly very low budget.

The 2 Sidney Furie films I can't really expect too much, although the Detention trailer makes it look quite good. It's a shame because Sidney has done some respected films. He's worked with people like Michael Caine, Marlon Brando, Frank Sinatra and Robert Redford. He's done critically acclaimed movies like Ipcress File, a BAFTA winner and in the AFI top 100 British films, and the Oscar winning film Lady Sings The Blues.
He used to be considered stylish and innovative becuase of his imaginative shots. He's just lost it unfortunately.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 03 Jan 2004, 19:37

I too am more looking forward to see Retrograde, having seen Detention I can say that Direct Action will probably aned up as a fair action flick. Dolph hasn't done so many sci-fi movies and the plot of Retrograde sounds pretty exciting. What scares me is that Gary Daniels said on his website ( http://garydaniels.lannark.com/message.html ) that his fight scene was the worst he ever did. But apparently his character isn't that important
Jox
Site Admin

Postby hansson55 on 04 Jan 2004, 04:40

I have to say Retrograde to because of the new kind of sci-fi story that we haven’t seen Dolph play in for a while.
But it is a pity about the fighting scenes. The hope of some good fighting between Dolph and Gary was one of the main reasons I thought the film would be really good.
hansson55
Regular

RETROGRADE (Christopher Kulikowski, 2004)

Postby hansson55 on 04 Jan 2004, 04:51

I read the Gary Daniels interview and came to this part:

Keo:
Oh, i think you are the us citizen or may be you have double citizenship. But anyway do you agree that Schwarzenegger have been choosen? I can say only WAW!!! I very like this actor, but i have heard he don't want to play anymore, but now i think it was said only for a tag :) But it's very good news. You both will be a good duo. Have you heard that Dolph will take a part in "Streetfighter 2" with van Damme?
Gary D:
I dont like tofollow politics so i wish Arnie best of luck but it makes no difference to me. I had not heard of Streetfighter 2. i was supposed to play the main bad guy with Dolph but he put a stop to that so i am playing another character now.

Does he mean that he and Dolph should play the main bad guys in Streetfighter 2?
hansson55
Regular

Postby Jox on 04 Jan 2004, 12:46

No, Gary Daniels was to play the bad guy in Retrograde at first. The [/i]Street Fighter 2 thing was just a rumor.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 04 Jan 2004, 16:04

GD says he has one fight in the movie and I don't think it will be with Dolph. I think he would have said if it was. I hope there issome good action in this film. It worries me that GD says the fight choreographer is crap, and if they do more shootouts than fights they may look very cheap.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that the action is decent.
Tom
Regular

Postby Santee on 04 Jan 2004, 20:56

I look forward most to Direct Action, because there is to be a real solid story involved...........
Santee

Postby Jox on 05 Apr 2004, 19:32

yes, it's in POST-production, filming ended by the end of november/begining of december. It should be released soon after "Direct Action"
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 07 Apr 2004, 16:57

OK
shooby

Postby hansson55 on 07 Apr 2004, 22:00

I really hope that this film turns out good, because it has a different kind of story then Dolph use to star in.
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby Jox on 11 Jun 2004, 22:31

Hey don't worry it must be completed by now and it should come out within the next 6 months. Actually you can already order the soundtrack CD directly from the composer and the score sounds like an ambitious sci-fi movie! This is the one I'm awaiting the most with "The Defender" because it's one of the most original scripts that Dolph has been allowed to make in years...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 16 Jun 2004, 15:12

Jox wrote:Hey don't worry it must be completed by now and it should come out within the next 6 months. Actually you can already order the soundtrack CD directly from the composer and the score sounds like an ambitious sci-fi movie! This is the one I'm awaiting the most with "The Defender" because it's one of the most original scripts that Dolph has been allowed to make in years...

It sounds very good, I like these kind of movies, I have read a lot of theories about magnetic pole shift and climatic shifts coming soon, so it will be interesting to see how any of these get portrayed in movies. Anyone seen The Day After Tomorrow? I thought it was decent.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 17 Jun 2004, 14:33

I saw The Day After Tomorrow last week and liked it. It was in fact better than expected because I think Emmerich makes pretty crappy movies (except for UniSol of course). He just overdoes that patriotism thing. May be acceptable for Americans but he as a German should know that for other people it is just disgusting.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 17 Jun 2004, 15:21

And lot's of the climatic phenomenon we can see in this movie are impossible to have in the reality.
shooby

Postby Mosquito on 17 Jun 2004, 18:01

You don't say. ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies