COMMAND PERFORMANCE (Dolph Lundgren, 2009)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Command Performance DVD missing Special Features

Postby Jox on 09 Dec 2009, 15:25

savagesketch wrote:Like I said, let's hope they stay true to this... The director of marketing advised me to send an e-mail her way... Unfortunately, I don't know how high on their list COMMAND PERFORMANCE is... How something like that can go unnoticed and shipped out is amazing to me.

They probably opted out:
There are actually no special features available for Command Performance. It was a misprint on the cover.

75% of sales must have been done in the first month: order another shipments for just a thousand units? I don't think so, not for "small" title like this...
(The marketing manager couldn't even replace me, forgot who I was (as CP webmaster) and that btw she had offered me a free copy back then that I never got so she offered to send a signed mini-poster.)
Jox
Site Admin

Re: COMMAND PERFORMANCE (2009)

Postby Jox on 09 Dec 2009, 16:38

According to DL, the reason CP has not appeared on the top 50 is that some companies like First Look don't release their numbers.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: COMMAND PERFORMANCE DVD missing Special Features

Postby preacher on 09 Dec 2009, 18:43

First Look sucks balls.
What a bunch of loosers.
preacher
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 11 Dec 2009, 00:51

Jox wrote:According to DL, the reason CP has not appeared on the top 50 is that some companies like First Look don't release their numbers.

Oh great strategy. Sure, nobody takes a look at those lists. How should I ever get inspiration from a Top list when staning in a video rental store undecided...
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby MikeR on 11 Dec 2009, 03:32

Mosquito wrote:
Jox wrote:According to DL, the reason CP has not appeared on the top 50 is that some companies like First Look don't release their numbers.

Oh great strategy. Sure, nobody takes a look at those lists. How should I ever get inspiration from a Top list when staning in a video rental store undecided...

That's really easy. Print this out and take it to the rental store the next time you go.

Throw out anything that features any (or horrifyingly all) of Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Aniston, Matthew McConaughey and Ben Affleck as it's a rom-com that will have you pulling your own teeth out by the end of the first act. You've now probably got rid of half of the list.

A movie with Sam Neil, Ben Kingsley or Anthony Hopkins that you haven't heard of before? That's a clunker best avoided. This goes double if they're in it and it features vikings/cyborgs/time-travellers - triple if its about time-travelling cyborg vikings.

Action thriller - could be good? But are one of the heroes British? In that case don't expect any surprises; they're the bad guy all along.

An American remake of a European movie, British comedy or Japanese anime is going to be stark-ravingly horrible. You'd be better off trying watching one of your existing movies in Icelandic - with no subtitles.

A Europudding production with actors from each and every member state, filmed somewhere behind the former Eastern Bloc? Bad, very bad indeed.

CGI movie not made by Pixar? In the bin.

'A heart rending tale of one man's / woman's / dog's love'??? I'll save you a couple of hours; it turns out to be cancer; he/she/it dies at the end. There will be lots of soft focus. Bette Midler might feature.

'Hilarious' Oh no it isn't. It's criminally unfunny if the words 'National Lampoon' or 'based on the hit BBC series' appear anywhere on the cover.

A Robin Williams movie made in the last ten years? Kill it, kill it now - with fire.

Next, any sequel with a number higher than 2 is probably not going to be worth waiting for the 'don't pirate this or else' message. Pirate it if you like one of the stars then watch it on fast forward.

Using this strategy I haven't rented a movie in ages!

M.
MikeR

Postby dolphage on 11 Dec 2009, 11:45

Look at you going the extra mile, Mike! Superb! A personal favorite of mine is:
MikeR wrote:A Robin Williams movie made in the last ten years? Kill it, kill it now - with fire.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 11 Dec 2009, 21:32

dolphage wrote:Look at you going the extra mile, Mike! Superb! A personal favorite of mine is:
MikeR wrote:A Robin Williams movie made in the last ten years? Kill it, kill it now - with fire.

Hm, I actually liked One Hour Photo. Especially the colours.

Oh and an action movie where one hero is British? If it's Jason Statham, then it will be a good or excellent movie. ;) Well, ok, I'm undecided whether Crank 2 is good. That movie left me puzzled. Oh and Michael Fassbender was excellent in Inglorious Basterds. Hm, doesn't count. He's Irish. Ok.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 11 Dec 2009, 21:42

Mosquito wrote:If it's Jason Statham, then it will be a good or excellent movie.

I agree to disagree, but what do I know, maybe I'm just jealous but I can't stand the guy?! (even without him I probably wouldn't care for the plots or anything in his movies)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 11 Dec 2009, 23:12

Mosquito wrote:

I like some of the recent Robin Williams movies too, I just enjoyed the line: "Kill it, kill it now, with fire" - it gave me a chuckle. Although, Williams mostly does the "quiet-guy-perpetually-smiling-with-sadness"-thing in all his dramatic roles of late. He's good at it though...

Jox wrote:
Mosquito wrote:If it's Jason Statham, then it will be a good or excellent movie.

I agree to disagree, but what do I know, maybe I'm just jealous but I can't stand the guy?! (even without him I probably wouldn't care for the plots or anything in his movies)

I think he's pretty terrible too. Plus his American accent is complete shit, but he has been in some cool movies.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby MikeR on 12 Dec 2009, 04:18

dolphage wrote:
Mosquito wrote:

I like some of the recent Robin Williams movies too, I just enjoyed the line: "Kill it, kill it now, with fire" - it gave me a chuckle. Although, Williams mostly does the "quiet-guy-perpetually-smiling-with-sadness"-thing in all his dramatic roles of late. He's good at it though...

I defy anyone to sit through his family-movie, 'RV', without trying to drive a spoon through their own (or indeed someone else's) skull. As far as I know this movie was only ever released on airliners where there's no ready way that the audience can escape. I had the misfortune to see it on a NorthWest DC-10 about three years ago - a plane so old that Nixon was president when it first flew and where the 'entertainment' was projected on the bulkhead right in front of where I was sitting. 90 minutes of RW doing winsome and I could quite cheerfully have strangled a nun. Dazed and disoriented I got off the plane in the US and had a week's therapy in the sunshine of California. I got back to the airport, went to the jetway, 'hello that plane looks familiar'; but not nearly as familiar as the movie that came on to the bulkhead right in front of me...

M.
MikeR

Postby Jox on 13 Dec 2009, 01:18

Spanish fans out there?
COMMAND PERFORMANCE comes out in Spain on January 27th (rental)

(no need to comment on the cover, it's no surprise this one is gonna hit most territories)

EDIT: Trailer in German
http://www.kinowelt.de/trailer.php?dvd_ ... 28&gross=1
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 13 Dec 2009, 18:34

Heh, cute, works only after 10pm German time due to child protection. Well at least they show it at all.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 13 Dec 2009, 20:19

I'm not into Robin williams movies, but i did like Ms doubfire pretty funny and has for Jason Statham he is ok, he would make an awesome bad guy in a JC or DL movie.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Nathan on 13 Dec 2009, 20:28

I think more realistic now would be JC or Dolph as a bad guy in a Statham movie mate...
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby dolphage on 13 Dec 2009, 20:58

MikeR wrote:I had the misfortune to see it on a NorthWest DC-10 about three years ago - a plane so old that Nixon was president when it first flew and where the 'entertainment' was projected on the bulkhead right in front of where I was sitting. 90 minutes of RW doing winsome and I could quite cheerfully have strangled a nun. Dazed and disoriented I got off the plane in the US and had a week's therapy in the sunshine of California. I got back to the airport, went to the jetway, 'hello that plane looks familiar'; but not nearly as familiar as the movie that came on to the bulkhead right in front of me...

M.

That wasn't a vacation, it was an American torture camp. You should be glad they let you go.
Nathan wrote:I think more realistic now would be JC or Dolph as a bad guy in a Statham movie mate...

Statham is a bigger action star right now, but JC and DL are action "legends".

Also, note that the Swede does a better American accent than the Englishman. We are normally pretty terrible at doing American accents (but then again so are most English people) so I give the Big Guy props for that.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies