WANTED MAN (Dolph Lundgren?, 2006-2019) (in pre-production)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: WANTED MAN

Postby Warchild on 27 Sep 2009, 04:57

Jill the Ripper was a thriller and it's one of my least favourite Dolph movies, lets hope Skin Trade will actually thrill me this time around, so i'm guessing Dolph already as a cast for wanted man since he is looking for locations and what is the budget for this movie and will it be entirelly filmed in Mexico??
User avatar
Warchild
Regular
 
Posts: 404
Joined: 10 Apr 2006, 04:55
Location: Canada

Re: WANTED MAN

Postby Jox on 27 Sep 2009, 05:24

Warchild wrote:so i'm guessing Dolph already as a cast for wanted man since he is looking for locations and what is the budget for this movie and will it be entirelly filmed in Mexico??

Not at all and it's far from being budgeted at all yet, it's not even official pre-production yet!
User avatar
Jox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19240
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 23:03

Re: WANTED MAN

Postby Warchild on 28 Sep 2009, 07:05

So what you saying Jox is that first they scout for locations, then budget and then a cast?
User avatar
Warchild
Regular
 
Posts: 404
Joined: 10 Apr 2006, 04:55
Location: Canada

Re: WANTED MAN

Postby Jox on 28 Sep 2009, 10:08

I'm saying it's just very early work, a pre-scout, very general, and that he also goes to try to make a deal with a Mexican company, don't think there's much in place yet.
User avatar
Jox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19240
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 23:03

Re: WANTED MAN (2010)

Postby bomaz on 16 Dec 2009, 20:38

No more news as of today ? (and what about this project, "SKINTRADE, an action-drama set in New York and Moscow" ?). :D
User avatar
bomaz
Member
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: 18 Jan 2004, 01:00
Location: Toulouse , FRANCE

Re: WANTED MAN (2010)

Postby Jox on 18 Dec 2009, 21:26

Dolph has been working on it, but I'm not sure what's the status on financing and he also doesn't want to rush things, he might produce as well to get more control and avoid stuff that happened on recent projects, and he hasn't been working non-stop last year so he might take his time with those. I think he's reorganizing a lot of things for himself and his career so this is a turning point for him.
User avatar
Jox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19240
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 23:03

Re: WANTED MAN (2010)

Postby Jox on 14 Jan 2010, 17:24

WANTED MAN is going through an important rewrite to make it something that might be a bigger movie in getting one or several big names as co-stars. SKINTRADE is close to complete financing and will start production first.
User avatar
Jox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19240
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 23:03

Re: WANTED MAN (2010)

Postby Nathan on 14 Jan 2010, 20:03

Jox wrote:WANTED MAN is going through an important rewrite to make it something that might be a bigger movie in getting one or several big names as co-stars. SKINTRADE is close to complete financing and will start production first.



Ahh this is nice, was hoping for some news on this one soon. It's such a coincidence, someone on the Van Damme forum said that Dolph couldn't carry a movie on his own. I said that he could because I believe he's a really likeable and cool lead man, he's awesome at villains too. But what I did say was that it'd be nice to see some other known faces in Dolph's movies, so hopefully this is it coming. Fingers crossed everyone. Skintrade comes first? That's good. It means more time to prep Wanted Man and try to turn it into this "bigger movie" but also means we get a neat little thriller and something different than before. Dolph is directing Skintrade right, that's a done deal?
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
User avatar
Nathan
Regular
 
Posts: 1645
Joined: 19 Oct 2006, 23:04
Location: UK, Scotland

Re: WANTED MAN (2010)

Postby Jox on 14 Jan 2010, 20:09

Yeah Dolph should actually direct, produce and star in SKINTRADE (with international sales by Nu Image)! (no start date yet but somewhere between the spring and summer I guess)
User avatar
Jox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19240
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 23:03

Re: WANTED MAN (2010)

Postby savagesketch on 15 Jan 2010, 02:18

While it would be cool to see Dolph and Robert Rodriguez collaborate, there are photos online of Steven Seagal on set with Jessica Alba. Yes, SS will be playing the drug lord in Machete. Plus, as much as I hate saying this, I can imagine Seagal portraying a drug dealer much more than Dolph. Also, I think it's Seagal's turn to play the bad guy once.

Either way, I'd much rather see The Expendables over Machete any day!!!
User avatar
savagesketch
Member
 
Posts: 587
Joined: 20 Dec 2007, 05:55

Re: WANTED MAN (2010)

Postby Mosquito on 15 Jan 2010, 23:49

Hmpf, I was really looking forward to Machete. But this ain't good news. Well, let's see.
User avatar
Mosquito
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 18:23

Re: WANTED MAN (2010)

Postby Nathan on 16 Jan 2010, 01:02

Actually it's now been reported Seagal is playing a cop called Torrez. Really dunno how we got onto this topic haha. But yeah I was kinda disappointed it wasn't a drug lord like originally made out.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
User avatar
Nathan
Regular
 
Posts: 1645
Joined: 19 Oct 2006, 23:04
Location: UK, Scotland

Re: WANTED MAN (2011) (in development)

Postby Jox on 16 Sep 2010, 01:08

Remember Michael Worth wanted Dolph for his movie DUAL? Apparently he co-wrote WANTED MAN according to this 2006 interview (Frank "MISSIONARY MAN" Valdez has also been involved):
Well, I am finishing a script for Dolph Lundgren now. I am not sure if I will act in it or not, but he and I came up with a story that will probably be shot sometime in 2006. A return to the more simple action story line of the older Eastwood films. A straight ahead story where Dolph will not have to rely on wires or overly choreographed fights, but instead a really basic story about a man overcoming great odds in himself as well as around him. Dolph is like a modern day Eastwood who has that quiet energy about him. It's called Wanted Man and is set in Mexico.

http://filmonfilmreviews.blogspot.com/2 ... -2009.html
User avatar
Jox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19240
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 23:03

Re: WANTED MAN (2006-2011) (in development)

Postby Nathan on 16 Sep 2010, 19:21

Jox wrote:Remember Michael Worth wanted Dolph for his movie DUAL? Apparently he co-wrote WANTED MAN according to this 2006 interview (Frank "MISSIONARY MAN" Valdez has also been involved):
Well, I am finishing a script for Dolph Lundgren now. I am not sure if I will act in it or not, but he and I came up with a story that will probably be shot sometime in 2006. A return to the more simple action story line of the older Eastwood films. A straight ahead story where Dolph will not have to rely on wires or overly choreographed fights, but instead a really basic story about a man overcoming great odds in himself as well as around him. Dolph is like a modern day Eastwood who has that quiet energy about him. It's called Wanted Man and is set in Mexico.

http://filmonfilmreviews.blogspot.com/2 ... -2009.html


Sounds a lot like Missionary Man.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
User avatar
Nathan
Regular
 
Posts: 1645
Joined: 19 Oct 2006, 23:04
Location: UK, Scotland

Re: WANTED MAN (2011) (in development)

Postby Jox on 16 Sep 2010, 20:02

Sounds like a lot of movies.But again this is a modern western like MM was and we know the DL loves the Eastwood... if they didn't change it this one is about a lawman who must transport a witness between the Mexican/US border, while being chased of course...
User avatar
Jox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19240
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 23:03

PreviousNext

Return to News / Rumors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests