What makes people like Dolph Lundgren ?

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Celebrimbor of Dorthonion on 22 Jun 2004, 23:07

In early may of this year, I acidenlty saw a movie with Dolph. I have to admid, that before I saw that first movie, I always thougth that Dolph was just some stupid actor who only figths and didn't do anything else. I also thougth that he found himself great and so on. But when I was changing channels that early day in May I saw the movie Joshua Tree, and because there was nohing else on tv, I deceided to watch the movie. And that movie made that I changed my point of view and my opinion. And than I saw in the tv guide that there would be a few more movies with Dolph on tv, so I deceided to watch them as well. And the moment I really became a Dolph fan was after watching Black Jack. I reaaly like that movie very much. So, than I searched the internet to find more info about Dolph and I did find. And after reading some interviews I found out that he is just a normal and very kind person. Who happends to be good in material arts and who acts. That is how it all started. I still haven't seen much of his movies. But I know I will see them all at the end :wink:
And now I watch this site and Dolphs own site very often to see if there is anything new.

C.o.D.
Celebrimbor of Dorthonion

Postby Dawn on 23 Jun 2004, 01:08

Masters of the Universe made me a Dolph-fan for life! Portraying my hero He-man just sealed it, but I wanted to see other things with Dolph, because I knew that he didn't get to do much in that movie. Then I saw Red Scorpion and I Come in Peace which I also loved and still are some of my favorites today.

BTW, I am still a He-Man fan and if any of you German fans that come across that new Snake Armour He-man, I would gladly pay for one or trade some Dolph goodies for it! :D
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 23 Jun 2004, 17:10

Dolph became one of my favourite actors when I watched Red Scorpion on TV. The way he was acting and of course the way he looked was amazing to me... but this is already some years ago.
Other movies weren't that impressing, but I am already looking forward to watch Direct Action. I heard that a few've already know that movie...
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby shooby on 23 Jun 2004, 19:32

He became my idol after I begun to hate Van Damme for his narcissism. It was at the time when Universal Soldier was released. When I begun to interest him, I saw that he is extremly clever. It's atypic for an athlète to be intelligent too !!! That's why I always said that Dolph is a paradox (athletic but intelligent, bad looking but very sympathic ...). And he is very discreet. I like celebrities who are discreets !!!
shooby

Postby Terminator on 24 Jun 2004, 21:11

Yeah... Dolph seems to be clever in REAL life... but in his movies like Red Scorpion... he looked a bit stupid... but it's a movie of course and I've already seen him in many interviews and he didn't seem to be kinda silly at all...
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Krom on 27 Jun 2004, 12:32

Terminator wrote:Yeah... Dolph seems to be clever in REAL life... but in his movies like Red Scorpion... he looked a bit stupid... but it's a movie of course and I've already seen him in many interviews and he didn't seem to be kinda silly at all...

First was Rocky 4 then Dark Angel, Punisher, Joshua Tree, Unisol and Showdown in Little Tokyo makes me a Dolph Fan!
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Terminator on 28 Jun 2004, 17:43

Yes... but I'd really like to know how he's in real life... moreover the smart and funny guy?
Terminator
Regular

Return to Dolph's Movies