UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: DAY OF RECKONING (John Hyams, 2012)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Unisol IV in 3D?????

Postby Scorpio on 14 May 2010, 16:29

Ok. I would like that they were doing another Consequence more of Universal Soldier, Damme Goes and my favorite Actors are Dolph, I would like to be able to see him of new together in a Movie., if they do a new delivery, I would like Esi that both actors had more minutes on screen that those that they had in the last one...
Scorpio

Postby Tom on 14 May 2010, 16:31

I'd say getting JC on board would be the difficult thing. From what Dolph has said, he'd jump at the chance to reteam with Hyams in the Unisol franchise.

It should happen though. JC needs to regain some bankability. This film because of the 3D, has a strong chance of being released theatrically, and is just the sort of genre film that audiences will want to watch as a 3D spectacle.

To some extent you can put 3D on anything and people will see it. Right now it's hitting a wave. I see something of real curiosity value about another JC and DL team up, especially as the majority of casual cinema goers, probably never even heard about number 3. People will watch a "trash" film in 3D, because by it's very nature, it is more of a ride, more of a spectacle. I think that's why Foresight may chance a theatrical release. There's gonna be a big wave over the next year or 2 with 3D films.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 14 May 2010, 16:45

And for Dolph it's gonna come after THE EXPENDABLES wave which should have had its effects by then. And if by any chance they jump on an EXPENDABLES sequel right away (and assuming DL would part if it) Dolph might be quite busy in the next year or two, even without his own (directorial) projects...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby MFS on 14 May 2010, 17:44

Tom wrote:I'd say getting JC on board would be the difficult thing. From what Dolph has said, he'd jump at the chance to reteam with Hyams in the Unisol franchise.

It should happen though. JC needs to regain some bankability. This film because of the 3D, has a strong chance of being released theatrically, and is just the sort of genre film that audiences will want to watch as a 3D spectacle.

To some extent you can put 3D on anything and people will see it. Right now it's hitting a wave. I see something of real curiosity value about another JC and DL team up, especially as the majority of casual cinema goers, probably never even heard about number 3. People will watch a "trash" film in 3D, because by it's very nature, it is more of a ride, more of a spectacle. I think that's why Foresight may chance a theatrical release. There's gonna be a big wave over the next year or 2 with 3D films.

Agreed. I'm not a big supporter of 3D, but I'm not against it either, and while we're already looking at alot of shitty films put in production just for the sake of showing them later in 3D, if it means a Unisol 4 being made, then great! There's always a positive side to every negative, or something like that. :)
MFS

Postby MFS on 15 May 2010, 13:01

MFS

Postby Jox on 15 May 2010, 23:23

Cool, thanks!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 16 May 2010, 19:54

Just a totally random thought, because I don't like getting excited about rumours, I believe this is being written and I am confident Dolph will be asked and most likely accept but as far as Van Damme or the 3-D thing goes I'm still very hestitant to believe this is possible right now. Anyway onto the random thought, how fuckin cool would it be if the entire back of Dolph's head was metal and a circuit of wires and shit because JC blew the back of his head out in US-R and have him as almost a robot but that little memory inside makes him even more insane and "tortured". By the way the spoiler is in white text, just in case anyone hasn't yet seen Regeneration.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby MFS on 16 May 2010, 20:08

Nathan wrote:Just a totally random thought, because I don't like getting excited about rumours, I believe this is being written and I am confident Dolph will be asked and most likely accept but as far as Van Damme or the 3-D thing goes I'm still very hestitant to believe this is possible right now. Anyway onto the random thought, how fuckin cool would it be if the entire back of Dolph's head was metal and a circuit of wires and shit because JC blew the back of his head out in US-R and have him as almost a robot but that little memory inside makes him even more insane and "tortured". By the way the spoiler is in white text, just in case anyone hasn't yet seen Regeneration.

Terminator-Dolph? I like it! :) And spoiler in white text: If he's gonna be back, they'll definetly need an explanation for it, and I think the half-man, half-machine-thing could be not only that, but also an excellent way of continuing his standout-role as the "freak"/outcast of the franchise.
MFS

Postby Nathan on 16 May 2010, 22:10

MFS wrote:
Nathan wrote:Just a totally random thought, because I don't like getting excited about rumours, I believe this is being written and I am confident Dolph will be asked and most likely accept but as far as Van Damme or the 3-D thing goes I'm still very hestitant to believe this is possible right now. Anyway onto the random thought, how fuckin cool would it be if the entire back of Dolph's head was metal and a circuit of wires and shit because JC blew the back of his head out in US-R and have him as almost a robot but that little memory inside makes him even more insane and "tortured". By the way the spoiler is in white text, just in case anyone hasn't yet seen Regeneration.

Terminator-Dolph? I like it! :) And spoiler in white text: If he's gonna be back, they'll definetly need an explanation for it, and I think the half-man, half-machine-thing could be not only that, but also an excellent way of continuing his standout-role as the "freak"/outcast of the franchise.

Yeah that's what I thought too, I mean, bringing him back for the second time is taking the piss a little... :wink: Why not just mash together the Dolph that was killed in US-3... :D
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Re: UNIVERSAL SOLDIER IV (in 3D)

Postby Jox on 20 May 2010, 21:17

I went to the Foresight Unlimited office in Cannes: UNISOL IV is serious stuff and Sony indeed expressed their interest in possibly release it in theaters but this is early talk, just like the 3D idea which they are only considering right now.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby MFS on 21 May 2010, 00:44

Sounds promising! Thanks for the info! :)
MFS

Postby Jox on 23 May 2010, 13:46

They're announcing an October start date but I think it's just tentative and to appeal buyers, since most details are still being negotiated and worked out as I understand.

I can tell Dolph and Mike Pyle should play major parts alongside Van Damme in this one, if the project happens to come to life.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 23 May 2010, 19:54

Thanks for getting the update, Jox!
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Warchild on 29 May 2010, 00:59

If John Hyams fails to get JC to be in this movie too bad, i hope Dolph will be in it and won't pass this one like US3, Dolph was in US3 but it was only a cameo, a great cameo and let's hope maybe Sg. Scott can be controlled this time as a good Unisol :wink:
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jox on 29 May 2010, 09:02

Seems JC confirmed himself he'd do it:
http://www.20min.ch/people/internationa ... --15226502
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies