THE EXPENDABLES (Sylvester Stallone, 2010)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES (2010)

Postby guns on 07 Aug 2010, 19:06

The Expendables chinese Poster
Dolph

i love Dolph
guns
Regular

Postby Tom on 07 Aug 2010, 22:54

Well I had an awesome time at the Paris premiere. Not only did two Dolph forces of Mosquito and Darling collide in Berlin, but myself and Jox joined forces in Paris. I'm still kind of dazed and shellshocked that I've seen the film. Still keep having to pinch myself.

But Paris was certainly crazy outside, and inside. The fan reaction was great. Lots of cheering. Every action payoff get a huge cheer. Every cast members first appearence seemed to get a cheer. D's reaction was great. Sly probably got the biggest. Actually, Arnold's reaction was really good. He got a huge cheer when he appeared on screen, and a huge one when he left.

I won't spoil the film or give too much away, but I will say that the 80's crew steal the film, and Dolph owns his scenes. Rourke was also excellent. It delivered though. The end half hour is totally 80's, it's like the finale's of Commando, Invasion USA, Red Scorpion and Rambo 3 had a baby, and it was bazookered forth into the world, and straight into a Panzer tank!

And Jox, thanks again for use of your floor (though I'm feeling slightly bruised today now, haha), at the Batcave (or should that be Dolph cave?). Seriously though, at some point, we need to get a Dolph Ultimate get together going somewhere.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 07 Aug 2010, 23:07

guns wrote:The Expendables chinese Website

http://ent.qq.com/zt2010/expendables/

The Expendables chinese Poster
Dolph

http://img1.gtimg.com/0/83/8327/832721_ ... 00_192.jpg

Awesome thanks Guns!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Aug 2010, 23:15

Harry Knowles gives TE and Dolph a stellar review on AICN!
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46060
Lundgren is a force in this movie. [...]Dolph pulls of some of the best work of his career and that's really a love letter from Stallone. Sly shoots Dolph beautifully.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 07 Aug 2010, 23:28

Hahahahaha, I've sat here and giggled like a girl all the way through Harry's review and Tom's post. Really can't wait to see this myself!!!!
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby MFS on 08 Aug 2010, 00:28

Tom wrote:I won't spoil the film or give too much away, but I will say that the 80's crew steal the film, and Dolph owns his scenes. Rourke was also excellent. It delivered though. The end half hour is totally 80's, it's like the finale's of Commando, Invasion USA, Red Scorpion and Rambo 3 had a baby, and it was bazookered forth into the world, and straight into a Panzer tank!

While reading this, I found myself muttering: "It's only a few days 'til friday, it's only a few days 'til friday" over and over (in Swedish of course.) :lol: Ah the hype ...
MFS

Re: New EXPENDABLES interviews!

Postby Jox on 08 Aug 2010, 10:55

Dolph openly expresses himself about colleague Jean-Claude Van Damme, his turning down TE and "JCVD", things he had told me before:
Dolph Lundgren is friends with Jean-Claude Van Damme going back to when they starred together in 1992's Universal Soldier.

So he was disappointed when Van Damme turned down The Expendables, Sylvester Stallone's action-film featuring a plethora of famous tough guys -- including Lundgren, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke and even a scene with Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Rumour is that since JCVD, the critically acclaimed movie in which Van Damme laid bare his life as a cash-strapped has-been, the Muscles from Brussels has been trying to make "serious" films only.

As it happens, Lundgren thought JCVD was a mistake. "I thought it was very powerful. But I know him from when he was young, and to me it was just tragic, it was so close to the truth," Lundgren says. "It's like if Mel Gibson did a movie about being a racist. It's like a freak show. To me, I'd like to keep my real world and the film world separate.

"It would have been a better trick if Jean-Claude had used that emotion to speak somebody else's words, not to give a speech about f---ing up your own life."

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment ... 42616.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 08 Aug 2010, 12:48

in TAIWAN

CHINESE posters

Jox
Site Admin

Re: New EXPENDABLES interviews!

Postby dolphage on 08 Aug 2010, 12:49

Jox wrote:Dolph openly expresses himself about colleague Jean-Claude Van Damme, his turning down TE and "JCVD", things he had told me before:
Dolph Lundgren is friends with Jean-Claude Van Damme going back to when they starred together in 1992's Universal Soldier.

So he was disappointed when Van Damme turned down The Expendables, Sylvester Stallone's action-film featuring a plethora of famous tough guys -- including Lundgren, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke and even a scene with Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Rumour is that since JCVD, the critically acclaimed movie in which Van Damme laid bare his life as a cash-strapped has-been, the Muscles from Brussels has been trying to make "serious" films only.

As it happens, Lundgren thought JCVD was a mistake. "I thought it was very powerful. But I know him from when he was young, and to me it was just tragic, it was so close to the truth," Lundgren says. "It's like if Mel Gibson did a movie about being a racist. It's like a freak show. To me, I'd like to keep my real world and the film world separate.

"It would have been a better trick if Jean-Claude had used that emotion to speak somebody else's words, not to give a speech about f---ing up your own life."

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment ... 42616.html

Wow... That's unusually candid.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Darling on 08 Aug 2010, 22:24

Today,I`m back from The Expendables-Premiere in Berlin.
WOW!!! I was so happy,to met Dolph,Sly and Statham!!!
Me and my Sister had to go over the Red-Carpet,how embarassing! :oops:
Unfortunately it was not allowed to take Cell-Phone and Camera into the Film-Lounge,because it was to
private.I was so sad about it :(
There was a little Pre-Party with Drinks and Snacks with the Stars.We had a Drink and aTalk with Dolph,a Hug and Kiss :D
After that, we did watch the Movie,it was very great!!!
I got two Posters and two Arm-Slings of "The Expendables"
By the Way,it was very nice to met "Mosquito" at the Red-Carpet.I hope she saw Dolph and took some Pics!
Darling
Regular

Postby Jox on 08 Aug 2010, 22:43

Darling wrote:There was a little Pre-Party with Drinks and Snacks with the Stars.We had a Drink and aTalk with Dolph,a Hug and Kiss :D

That's nice because I was expecting his call for 2 days so we could meet up as he suggested and I guess he got so swamped he didn't get the chance.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 09 Aug 2010, 09:08

To see the premiere did u guys had to pay tickets?? I'm really excited to see this movie, this will be the first time i will see Dolph in the big screen, It's good to see Dolph in the spotlight.

I hope Dolph will make a come back and start in more theatrical movies even if it's a third or fourth supporting actor, i mean he is a great actor and deserves to be in the big screen many of you may disagree with me but every movie he has ever made he always comes on top with the best acting performance.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jox on 09 Aug 2010, 12:26

Watch the EXPENDABLES London premiere live today at
http://www.radissonedwardian.co.uk/leic ... large.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Darling on 09 Aug 2010, 13:48

Hi Warchild,no I did not pay for the Tickets,because I was a invited Guest.My Friend put me on Guest-Liste.
In Berlin it was only for invited Guests.What Jox did,I don`t know.But I did read,you could bought Tickets in Paris for the Premiere.That was the Reason,why a lot of People went to Paris.
Darling
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies