Best Dolph Lundgren fights?

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Best Dolph fights?

Rocky 4
29%
Punisher
7%
Showdown In Little Tokyo
25%
Universal Soldier
25%
Army Of One
4%
Men Of War
4%
Bridge Of Dragons
4%
Hidden Agenda
4%

Total votes : 28

Best Dolph Lundgren fights?

Postby Tom on 08 Jan 2004, 22:18

Which film do you think has the best fight scene Dolph has done.
Tom
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 08 Jan 2004, 23:22

I think Showdown has the best. Especially the one at the very beginning where he beats up the Yakuza without spilling a drop of tea from the cup he is holding during the whole fight. ;-)

Of course Men Of War has nice fights with fists and guns and the shootout in Army Of One is great but martial arts look nicer and more elegant.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby hansson55 on 08 Jan 2004, 23:46

Universal Soldier no doubt. Nothing beats the final fight between GR13 and GR44. 8)
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby Jox on 09 Jan 2004, 00:23

as a martial artist myself, I'd say that the fights are disappointing in Showdown, I wish he 'd used his gun less as his character takes himself for a samurai... Even the katana fight in the end could have been much better
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Sly on 09 Jan 2004, 03:50

Dolph is the actor who did the maximum number of great fight scenes.
His best fight scene is maybe in Rocky IV and it is the best one for Stallone
Sly

Postby hansson55 on 09 Jan 2004, 14:34

It’s fun to see the fights in Rocky, but they have to be one of the most unrealistic boxing scenes in movie history. I wonder if Rocky never got to learn how to use his guard. :D

But then again realistic fights maybe aren’t what you want to see in a Rocky film, it’s not for me anyway. :wink:
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby JJPatterson on 09 Jan 2004, 17:46

hansson55 wrote:It’s fun to see the fights in Rocky, but they have to be one of the most unrealistic boxing scenes in movie history. I wonder if Rocky never got to learn how to use his guard. :D

But then again realistic fights maybe aren’t what you want to see in a Rocky film, it’s not for me anyway. :wink:

Actually they are quite real......my vote is for Rocky IV :D
JJPatterson

Postby Sly on 10 Jan 2004, 16:42

The fights in Rocky IV are quite real :lol:
But the story is not realistic :wink:

In real life:
- The referee would have interrupted the fight between Drago (Dolph) and Apollo Creed
- After this fight, Dolph wouldn't have been allowed to continue boxing
- A fight between Dolph and Stallone would not be allowed. Sly is not an heavy weight boxer and the difference of weights between the two guys is too huge
Sly

Postby Jox on 10 Jan 2004, 18:36

still, Dolph sent Stallone to the hospital with a punch to the heart right after Sly said he wanted more realism!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Sly on 10 Jan 2004, 19:14

You're right Jox

Unlike in the previous Rocky films, where the fights were all carefully rehearsed, Sylvester said he "decided to throw choreography to the wind and really go for it," to give up "all sense of style, proportion, and distance and just revert to animal savage instinct."

Filming was suspended for ten days while Sly let his heart heal, and it was a time of tremendous frustration for him.

That proves once more that the fights were real :lol: but the story not realistic :wink:
Sly

Postby JJPatterson on 10 Jan 2004, 19:54

I didn't know Dolph sent Sly to the hospital :roll:
JJPatterson

Postby Sly on 10 Jan 2004, 20:43

In fact the first indication of trouble for Sly occured during the training scenes. Sly was pulling a sled loaded with 1200 pounds of rocks through the snow, and he felt something snap. He ignored it at the time, though his chest continued to hurt him.

Sly was very ambitious for Rocky IV. He said: That's what's great about bodybuilding: you can never really peak.

But for sure, Sly reached his peak with Dolph :)
Sly

The Punisher far and away...

Postby Lance on 16 Jan 2004, 10:13

...They just don't come more intensely staged then the actionscenes in The Punisher.
Lance

best fight

Postby drago on 12 Feb 2004, 13:56

It has to be Rocky 4 Superman wouldnt have beat rocky but Dolph nearly did
patrick mulholland
drago

Postby katanah2jbrm on 13 Feb 2004, 09:42

Well I will say my vote for best single fight would go to men of war. Since it is the longest single hand to hand fight that dolph has ever done in a movie. It has a strong intensity and keeps it up over its 3 minute length. However I also think the Punisher has three of the greatest fight scenes ever filmed in it right in a row. The fight against the two samurai and the girl fight and then the finale. Now on to the heated debate over if Rocky 4 fights are realistic. The answer is yes and no. Because neither Stallone or Lundgren block and the match goes the until the final round. Brutal matches like those do happen but the don't last that many rounds. At least not when heavywieghts are involved. second while dolph punches he leaves himself to vulnerable to a counter punch. However due to Dolphs having greater reach he doesn't have to worry to much about that problem. But I really do like Rocky 4 and find its fights enjoyable but and yes there have been fights that resemble all of the Rockies cos Stallone based them off of past fights. But they are nowhere near the Dolphs best fights. Rocky three is Ali vs. Foreman and the first one was Ali vs. Chuck Weptner(I Know I misspelled the biome bruisers name) And the 4 sorta resembled Ali Friaser one. Cept Dolph who was Friaser lost. I say this basically because in that fight Fraiser took 3 punches just to land one. And thats how many Stallone took. And now for something completly different the Van Damme fight with Dolph was not a complete let down but it is still nowhere near as good as what it could have been. It should have featured my martial arts fighting from them. The fight scene loses its steam when Van Damme takes the strenght enhanceing drugs. What kind of a message is that sounds like one that pro baseball players have(I Kid I Kid I love the CUBS) That to succede in any compitive sport you must use performance enhansing drugs. Even without that message a smaller man who has taken less of the drugs then what Dolph has can easily out muscle the bigger man. I don't think so. That is when it should have become a battle to decide who was the best fighter not whos stronger. The Universal Soldier fight was basically Dolph and Jean throwing each other around in the rain. Entertaining yes but nowhere near his best.
Time can not die Only people
katanah2jbrm

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies