THE EXPENDABLES 2 (Simon West, 2012)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES II (rumored)

Postby Nathan on 11 Nov 2010, 21:40

Jox wrote:
The script is taking a more hard edged tone- An Extreme case of Male-Pattern-Baddness is arising....

TheSlyStallone

Hmm yeah, up the ante, up the game, this is what I like to hear. It would be nice if TE-2 shocked people in a good way.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby dolphage on 11 Nov 2010, 22:30

Nathan wrote:
Jox wrote:
The script is taking a more hard edged tone- An Extreme case of Male-Pattern-Baddness is arising....

TheSlyStallone

Hmm yeah, up the ante, up the game, this is what I like to hear. It would be nice if TE-2 shocked people in a good way.

I love it. I hope DL can remain the ambiguous antihero he was in the beginning of the first movie. The "sober" version of him that we got to see at the end of the movie was kinda lame (but completely understandable from a storytelling P.O.V.). I'd like him to be that member of the team who is always on the verge of being fired or switching sides.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 11 Nov 2010, 22:32

Sly's best movies are always when the humor is unintentional... I thought TE1 had a bit too much cheese and tried to force the issue. If TE2 is a little more serious than the humor will find it's way a lot more naturally throughout the film in my opinion. The last thing I want to see is 4 of the greatest action heroes of all-time (Dolph,Arnie,Sly,Bruce) ham it up for the audience.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 11 Nov 2010, 22:43

I think with the first movie and its mistakes behind, it will be easier for Sly to find proper tone, rhythm etc. Hopefully he'll be able to get a proper cut right from the get go for the theatrical release.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 13 Nov 2010, 19:38

When does Arnie's time as a Governator end? I heard that he'll be back in Hollywood then. Maybe in time vor TE2? The cameo scene was a bit forced but it would be great to have him back for example as the adversary of Sly, e.g. with a competing team of mercenaries on the same job.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby MFS on 13 Nov 2010, 21:41

Jox wrote:I think with the first movie and its mistakes behind, it will be easier for Sly to find proper tone, rhythm etc. Hopefully he'll be able to get a proper cut right from the get go for the theatrical release.

I honestly think the constant changes to the script during production both improved and hurt the first film, so hopefully, Sly will have a more thought-out and consistent script with the second one.
MFS

Postby Jox on 17 Nov 2010, 20:49

SJ: Have you heard any talk of The Expendables 2?

DL: Well, I’ve heard plenty from Sly, various ideas. I think from what I can gather, they want to do something next summer. I don’t know if I’m in it 100% but there’s a certain risk of that I guess. I don’t know what the plot is yet but I think some of the old team are coming back and some aren’t. Some will probably get killed and some will survive and he’ll bring in some new blood I’m sure too.

http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/mov ... -lundgren/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby riotgirl77 on 18 Nov 2010, 00:28

He better be in it....or else....lol
riotgirl77

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 18 Nov 2010, 01:46

I'm sure he just means whether his character is killed off in the beginning or not.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Re: THE EXPENDABLES II (in development)

Postby Ivan Drago on 20 Nov 2010, 05:08

No offense to Randy Couture, but no one would miss him if his character died (and Terry Crews does have a following as an actor). So if someone needs to die near the beginning to set the movie in motion, I vote for Toll Road.

A good death for Gunnar in terms of his redemption would be to sacrifice himself at the end.
Ivan Drago

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 20 Nov 2010, 05:21

I just can't imagine any scenario where they kill of Gunnar early on. Dolph did almost all the pressers with Sly and was one of the first actors to sign on (for nothing basically) and they have been friends for more than 2 decades now... with this latest success strengthening that bond I would imagine.

I know with the new stars coming aboard screen time will be scarce but Gunnar was one of the more liked characters.

Edit: With his new tweet I'm guessing that all but confirms his bigger role in the new film. Why would he travel down to location with Sly if he was going to be killed off in the first 15 minutes?
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Ivan Drago on 20 Nov 2010, 08:07

Judge Orders Wesley Snipes to Start Prison Term
http://www.theledger.com/article/201011 ... rison-Term

So Wesley for Expendables III? :lol:
Ivan Drago

Postby Jox on 20 Nov 2010, 12:21

GeneralMcFaiL wrote:I just can't imagine any scenario where they kill of Gunnar early on. Dolph did almost all the pressers with Sly and was one of the first actors to sign on (for nothing basically) and they have been friends for more than 2 decades now... with this latest success strengthening that bond I would imagine.

I know with the new stars coming aboard screen time will be scarce but Gunnar was one of the more liked characters.

Edit: With his new tweet I'm guessing that all but confirms his bigger role in the new film. Why would he travel down to location with Sly if he was going to be killed off in the first 15 minutes?

Eaxtly, Gunnar was killed in the first draft and a few months after Dolph signed on Sly made Jensen come back and be alive at the end (other than redemption, likely for sequel potential) so for all those reasons it would be stupid to kill him off in the first act. And even though there's gonna be new characters and stars, Dolph already pretty much gained more screen time than in the first movie and I'm sure Sly wants it that way. Lundgren could be almost equal to Jason Statham in terms of time, and he pretty much outshadowed Jet Li doing PR with Sly and Statham as if he was the third star of the movie.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 20 Nov 2010, 12:37

I don't mind Statham but the dude is seriously the same guy in every movie... I'm kinda hoping Gunnar gets some more buddy time with Sly in the sequel and not Statham.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 20 Nov 2010, 13:36

Agree.

And now we know Sly was scouting locations when Dolph joined him in Mexico (next time we're gonna find out Lundgren is directing second unit :mrgreen: )
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies