THE EXPENDABLES 2 (Simon West, 2012)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES II (in development)

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 20 Nov 2010, 21:47

I mean just look at Stathams new film with ben foster.... The Mechanic!! for crying out loud he's ripping off Dolph!!!! Watch the trailer and try and pretend it doesn't look like transporter3.

Drug cartels as the bad guys... not sure you could find a better more relevant plot for the sequel... at least for those of us here in the states! :D
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Ivan Drago on 21 Nov 2010, 04:19

Okay, I'll bite... how is a remake of a Charles Bronson '70s movie ripping off Dolph?
Ivan Drago

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 21 Nov 2010, 22:20

Because Dolph already did a movie with the same title a few years ago.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Mosquito on 21 Nov 2010, 22:34

And so did plenty of actors and directors before them. The title is not exactly unique. :mrgreen:

Heck, you complain about Statham starring in basically the same movie every time? Guys, we're all action fans. We watch the same three movies for decades now. What's wrong with that? The rom com fans have only ONE friggin' movie they watch over and over again like Groundhog Day.

To make my opposition complete I have to say that I liked Randy Couture's character. Him going on about his ear was priceless. What did Terry Crews have? The big gun. :wink:

I would like to keep them all but I know it's unlikely. So just give Dolph the second spot after Sly and we're all fine I guess. The rest will be sorted out somehow.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 22 Nov 2010, 00:54

Stallone will be back, Statham will be back, Lundgren will be back, Crews will be back, Willis will be back. That I reckon I can almost guarantee. I don't think Jet Li will be back as I understand it was almost a favour to Sly, his character was okay but he never looks very happy and he didn't do much, if any promotion. I'm hoping Arnie will be given some sort of role or at least he and Sly will team up at another time, fairly soon before arthiritus completely takes over. I reckon Randy will either not be brought back or given a bit more limited screen time. I think Van Damme will be approached again and I'm sure Chuck Norris and Seagal will too and Sly might try and get the folks who couldn't work on it the first time round like Forrest Whitaker who would make a great villain, (see Last King Of Scotland). If I'm wrong you can get Dolph's Super Shorty or Crew's automatic shotgun and blow me away. :mrgreen:
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Ivan Drago on 22 Nov 2010, 03:06

GeneralMcFaiL wrote:Because Dolph already did a movie with the same title a few years ago.

That really makes no sense. Did Russell Crowe and Ridley Scott rip off Cuba Gooding Jr. with Gladiator?
Ivan Drago

Postby Warchild on 22 Nov 2010, 03:19

It would be really stupid if Gunner died in TE 2 i mean come on he was the best character in the movie and the one i saw the audience react and laugh the most in the cinema.

Someone should get killed in the movie to give it more drama maybe someone like crews, li or toad and replaced by a new menber, besides we do want gunner for TE 3 don't we :D
Warchild
Regular

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 22 Nov 2010, 09:41

Ivan Drago wrote:
GeneralMcFaiL wrote:Because Dolph already did a movie with the same title a few years ago.

That really makes no sense. Did Russell Crowe and Ridley Scott rip off Cuba Gooding Jr. with Gladiator?

Yes. :lol:
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 22 Nov 2010, 09:43

Warchild wrote:It would be really stupid if Gunner died in TE 2 i mean come on he was the best character in the movie and the one i saw the audience react and laugh the most in the cinema.

Someone should get killed in the movie to give it more drama maybe someone like crews, li or toad and replaced by a new menber, besides we do want gunner for TE 3 don't we :D

I'm sure Sly is aware of how the audience connected with Gunnar... I mean I'm speculating after rewriting the character for Dolph he had assumed the character might be popular hence bringing him back at the end. I think Gunnar is a mainstay for the trilogy. My guess anyways.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Ivan Drago on 22 Nov 2010, 11:50

In terms of character arcs, I could see Gunnar and Tool sacrificing themselves for the team, though not in the same movie.
Ivan Drago

THE EXPENDABLES (2010)

Postby shooby on 22 Nov 2010, 21:28

shooby

Postby Jox on 29 Nov 2010, 12:48

October 28, 2010:
Brian Tyler is in early talks with Sylvester Stallone for “The Expendables 2”!

http://web.me.com/cbarrywdw03/TheBrianT ... /News.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 30 Nov 2010, 16:38

fan art
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 30 Nov 2010, 22:31

Very nice! I miss the ensemble idea, but especially the left image appeals to me. Smaller skull and raven, add the other boys and you're there.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 03 Dec 2010, 23:09

All I'm sayin' is Sly better throw Dolph a bigger bone to chew in this movie. The audience demands more Gunnar!!!!
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies