INTERVIEWS

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: INTERVIEWS

Postby dolphage on 10 Jan 2011, 08:57

DL not impressed with the trend of women kicking ass in movies (from the above interview):

"Interviewer; Angelina Jolie also played a sleeper agent in Salt recently — theoretically, if her Evelyn Salt was to face-off against your Edward Genn in a martial arts battle, who’d win?

Dolph: Well… even though it’s very much in vogue for female characters to kill people on screen, unfortunately, in real life, females are quite weak.

Interviewer: Dolph, you big cuddly feminist, you!

Dolph:But it’s true! Even the smallest man could kill the most well-trained woman in the world — the female body is different. So yeah, Genn would stand a pretty good chance of winning."
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 12 Jan 2011, 22:18

'Life advice from Dolph Lundgren' -- GQ Magazine
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainm ... key-rourke
Train like Dolph!
Dress like Dolph!
Drink like Dolph!
The first day we did a foreign press junket for The Expendables, I showed up in a light grey Yves Saint Laurent suit. Sly was there, Steve Austin, Randy Couture, Terry Crews: all the big guys. They were all in different T-shirts and I was in a suit. They took a picture for Entertainment Weekly or I don't know who it was and I stood out a little bit. The next day Sly showed up and he was in a suit. And now he's always in suits. I don't know if I had anything to do with it but it looks good on him. He's an older guy, people respect him a lot and it just works. It's much better than trying to dress young when you're not.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby riotgirl77 on 13 Jan 2011, 04:19

Is this the pic he's referring to?

riotgirl77

Postby Jox on 13 Jan 2011, 10:06

Probably.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 13 Jan 2011, 16:08

Jox wrote:'Life advice from Dolph Lundgren' -- GQ Magazine
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainm ... key-rourke

That's an amazing interview. A lot of interesting stuff, not just the same old, same old.

The workout stuff for example, is cool to read about. His different programs.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 04 Feb 2011, 00:34

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Feb 2011, 01:58

Sounds like the part in a Bruce Willis movie he may or not do:
I'm working on this character who's... kind of a colorful. I may do it in a movie. In Sexy Beast, Ben Kingsley plays a mobster. I saw part of it on the plane, but now I want to see the whole thing because I heard he's doing an animal. You know how there are these animal exercises in acting to help your character? He's doing like a German Shepherd. He talks like a dog, very aggressive. So I wanted to check this out, because I'm playing a hitman and I'm a wolf for that. Wolves are kinda predatory, kinda cool in some ways. Different from dogs. So I was thinking of doing that, checking out Ben Kingsley and what he did.

Have you used that acting exercise in your other films?

I haven't used it in a film before. I've done it in class. The reason I thought of it was because they call him "The Wolf," this Tarantino-ish character. He kills a lot of people but is very likeable and fun. He has a good sense of humor. I thought I'd try that, and it seems to work to make him like a wolf, to walk a certain way and do a thing with your shoulders where you're like the alpha dog. [Laughs.] Well, they're all dogs, but wolves have more of an intensity about them, more of a purpose when they a walk. A dog is just trucking along.

So this is research for a part, but I don't even know if I'm doing it.

The Wolf is a Russian hitman, so one aspect is maybe that he walks that way. And maybe when he fights, he can [Snarls violently.], maybe a crazy thing. Kinda like a growl, because he kills all these people, mostly with his hands. And he can dress impeccably, maybe in all white, but he doesn't want any specks to soil any of his clothing. [Laughs.] But this hitman is very comedic in the way that he moves and talks. He starts crying talking about who he had to kill, and then he takes a swig of vodka and just goes [Adopts thick Russian accent.], "So I must get myself on a team, get on the payroll." He just switches, a psychotic personality, which is fun.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 17 Feb 2011, 18:31

I wonder if they might be doing a RED 2? Sounds like that sort of tone and humour.
Tom
Regular

Dolph on "3 Rounds With"

Postby riotgirl77 on 26 Feb 2011, 02:16

riotgirl77

MAI (Martial Arts Illustrated) interview in May issue!

Postby Jox on 09 Mar 2011, 12:25

Thanks to graphic designer Neal Molyneaux, here's a sneak preview of the 4 pages interview
coming in MAI magazine (Martial Arts Illustrated)'s upcoming May issue out April 14th in the UK (and can be ordered here)

Jox
Site Admin

Postby riotgirl77 on 10 Mar 2011, 22:19

Just a heads up..

http://twitter.com/RexSikesMovieBT/statuses/45851922191749121

The guy's site is here http://www.rexsikes.com/Rex_Sikes_Movie_Beat/Welcome.html

I don't see it there yet...so I guess keep an eye out for it
riotgirl77

Postby sagemovman on 16 Mar 2011, 11:18

Here's a recent Interview with Dolph in which he discuss 'expendables 2', his fitness book and lies to rest rumors about 'Rocky Balboa'

http://moviemavericks.com/2011/03/interview-dolph-lundgren/
sagemovman

Postby Jox on 16 Mar 2011, 15:17

Sweet interview!

It seems to me, and I just discovered this recently while trying to analyze it a bit more, if the character has a dark side, some inner pain, or something that they’re trying to get through, it’s easier for me to identify with it and do a good job.

J: When you look over your filmography do you think of each film as if were your child? Do you care for them all equally? Or do you have personal favorites?

DL: Obviously some stand out more than others. I have fun with all of them. Sometimes the ones that didn’t turn out the way you had hoped create better memories. There may have been some problems on the set, or conflicts during the shoot, and it can actually be a little more memorable. You go through life and sometimes the character matches your life in some way or form, or you find the right director, who can see something in you that you can’t. Some stand out more than others that’s for sure.

I don’t really like watching my own movies. I have two daughters, 10 and 15,, and until recently they haven’t been old enough to watch the ‘blood- baths’ that I’ve been in. I’ve kept that away from them. Sometimes I’ll catch one of my movies on TV, and with time, you kind of mellow and think… ‘wow that was fun’! When it’s too recent or close to having been shot, you tend to be more self-conscious of your own work. I’m no fan of my movies. I think they are out there for other people to decide.

I have a couple of films that I’m going to be doing, one is with Cuba Gooding Jr.

I’m actually looking at doing a comedy, if you can believe, it’ll be a direct comedy, small indie film.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion