SILENT TRIGGER (Russell Mulcahy, 1996)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: SILENT TRIGGER (1996)

Postby Jox on 26 Feb 2011, 03:11

Japanese flyer
front
back
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 08 Mar 2011, 11:38

Was watching DIE HARD last night and had not realize until now that there were so many direct references to it in SILENT TRIGGER: the unfinished tower as setting (and filmed almost like its own character) obviously, the elevator shaft sequences, shooting the bad guy from under the table holding the gun with both hands the exact same way... and there's probably more.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby sagemovman on 15 Mar 2011, 11:03

Even the somewhat atmospheric score is reminiscent of Die Hard. I really struggle with this film. I'm a fan of Dolph's and Mulchaney but it always has felt to me that something is off about this film. Like there is a sequence missing that ties tings together a little better. As is a handsome film, I wish the pair would reunite for another go-around.

Silent Trigger review here...http://moviemavericks.com/2011/03/silent-trigger-1996-review/
sagemovman

Postby Jox on 15 Mar 2011, 19:31

sagemovman wrote:Even the somewhat atmospheric score is reminiscent of Die Hard.

You think so? Stefano Mainetti's music sounds very different from Michael Kamen's score IMHO.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby sagemovman on 16 Mar 2011, 02:29

Maybe it was the fact that the short blurs I heard in the film were tonally familiar. In creating a sense of isolation and impending danger. The score is exceptional from what I heard featured. Was a soundtrack ever officially released?
sagemovman

Postby Jox on 16 Mar 2011, 10:12

Yes, the soundtrack was actually released (as opposed to most Dolph's titles) by Shiro Records (label of the music supervisor Shiro Gutzie) but it was a very small release now quite rare and hard to find.

http://www.dolph-ultimate.com/dolph-in/ ... track.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 19 Mar 2011, 00:13

I was flipping by TNT this weekend and I stopped because Gina Bellman was on. Apparently, she stars on a TNT show called Leverage. I watched some of it and it was a pretty good show. She looks a lot older now as you would expect but I think she is still kind of hot and she plays kind of a sexy vixen.

Travis
Regular

Postby riotgirl77 on 19 Mar 2011, 00:35

Yep cool show :) And its created by Dean Devlin who co-wrote Universal Soldier. I tweeted to Dean he should get Dolph on the show so DL can be reunited with Gina and him
riotgirl77

Postby Jox on 13 Apr 2011, 18:59

The Italian writer of the script Sergio Altieri, who's also a best seller novelist known as Alan D. Altieri
Jox
Site Admin

Re: SILENT TRIGGER - Russell Mulcahy (1996)

Postby riotgirl77 on 18 Jun 2011, 20:21

Gina Bellman is on Twitter

http://twitter.com/Ginabellman
riotgirl77

Re: SILENT TRIGGER (Russell Mulcahy, 1996)

Postby Jox on 23 Oct 2011, 23:23

The character names and settings have been omitted from the film probably to make it more mysterious (just like "the people they kill are not people, they're targets", Waxman and Clegg are just a sniper and his spotter). The screenplay was written as being set in Puerto Escondido (in Mexico?) for the first mission and San Francisco for the second.

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Ivan, Jr. on 24 Oct 2011, 03:09

I really like "Silent Trigger" too. I read somewhere that Brandon Lee was originally going to play Dolph's spotter in the movie, since they worked so well together in "Showdown In Little Tokyo". But, his untimely passing caused them to rewrite the part and change it to a female. I just hope the love scene wasn't in the original script.....awkward! :oops:
Ivan, Jr.

Postby Jox on 24 Oct 2011, 12:21

Ivan, Jr. wrote:I really like "Silent Trigger" too. I read somewhere that Brandon Lee was originally going to play Dolph's spotter in the movie, since they worked so well together in "Showdown In Little Tokyo". But, his untimely passing caused them to rewrite the part and change it to a female.

I doubt that rumor is true, someone posted it on the board years ago yet I couldn't verify it and his source ("The Crow behind the scenes" book) doesn't mention it as he said.
Jox
Site Admin

Re:

Postby waxman on 30 Oct 2011, 08:00

Jox wrote:You here you can order a 2.35 WIDESCREEN version without the subtitles and from what I was told with the original main title design credits (not the French "Assassin Warrior" custom titles)...

Just note that the "uncut" /"extended" mentions are just here to state that this is not cut in any way (like some German versions)... so no extra scenes...

So basically the best version available...

http://www.dvduncut.com/product_info.php/products_id/4560

Image Image

(btw "Diamond Dogs" is also already available for sale on this site)

Hello, I've been coming to this site and reading posts in this forum for the last 8 years or so (I consider myself to be one of the biggest Dolph fans and I assume there are a lot of other fans who just visit here and read everything but do not actually write).
But I have a question and there might be others who want the answer as well, so I decided to leave a question here.

I want to buy the Silent Trigger DVD produced by High Land. From what I understand, this is the best version of the movie existing (correct aspect ratio of 2.35:1 and English audio with no hard coded subtitle). I am aware that this is a bootleg, but I already own a R1 US DVD.
I already visited the website quoted, but it seems the DVD is no longer on sale on the website?
Is there any way I can buy this online?
Thank you in advance.

BWT, Silent Trigger is my favorite movie of all time and I must have watched it at least 100 times (literally).
waxman

Postby Jox on 30 Oct 2011, 13:17

Thanks for your comment and question Waxman!
I found it on this site :wink:
http://www.dvdparadies.at/DVD-Shop/FSK- ... 86c64e4ef8

Hopefully a distributor will restore it in proper high-definition for Blu-ray!

Jox wrote:
Ivan, Jr. wrote:I really like "Silent Trigger" too. I read somewhere that Brandon Lee was originally going to play Dolph's spotter in the movie, since they worked so well together in "Showdown In Little Tokyo". But, his untimely passing caused them to rewrite the part and change it to a female.

I doubt that rumor is true, someone posted it on the board years ago yet I couldn't verify it and his source ("The Crow behind the scenes" book) doesn't mention it as he said.

I just did an interview with the writer Sergio Altieri this morning (finding him felt like finding the likes of Terence Malik!) and that is not true, thought his original script dates from 1987, Dolph and Mulcahy got attached to the project in the middle of 1994...

Trivia: Altieri later wrote a series of three novels called "Sniper" (published in Italy between 1998 and) inspired by his script and character.
Image Image Image
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies