STASH HOUSE (Eduardo Rodriguez, 2012)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

STASH HOUSE (Eduardo Rodriguez, 2012)

Postby Jox on 02 May 2011, 03:14

Apparently Dolph is also gonna have a role in the 'home invasion' thriller STASH HOUSE produced by Dark Castle (Joel Silver & Robert Zemeckis) and After Dark Pictures (Courtney Solomon) and written on spec by Gary Spinelli. The pitch is "The Strangers meets Panic Room", or
A young couple move into their dream starter house only to discover that the dangerous men on the lawn will stop at nothing to retrieve what they are now locked inside with.

It's also filming in Baton Rouge, Lousiana and has either started shooting (April 18 was announced) or will soon, therefore Lundgren could shoot his scenes back to back with US4.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: STASH HOUSE - (2011) (in prep / filming?)

Postby bomaz on 02 May 2011, 09:51

I guess being in a movie produced by Dar Castle can only be good to him. They are also producing last John Hyams effort with Peter Weller and JCVD. I'll be enthuiastic when a dirctor will be announced.
bomaz

Postby leigh1975 on 02 May 2011, 14:15

Silver and Dark Castle made Dragon Eyes with JC and John Hyams recently. Interesting, Silver seems to be making a shift to the old school action guys again, like he did before with Seagal and Exit Wounds. Oooh, who said Under Siege 3? :P
leigh1975

Postby Jox on 02 May 2011, 17:19

Now can also be told that obviously since working with Hyams and JCVD, last fall the script for UNISOL 4 was on Joel Silver's desk who was interested to produce it, now it hasn't yet been told if Silver agreed but unless he passed on the project I wouldn't be surprised if his name showed up (and Courtney Solomon was already an executive producer on UNISOL 3).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 03 May 2011, 00:10

@Dolph_fans
Dolph Lundgren
Getting ready to head down to Louisiana to shoot a new feature "Stash House"!

What did I just tell you?! 8)
Jox
Site Admin

Re: STASH HOUSE-(2011) (in pre-production, filming starts Ma

Postby MacGyver on 03 May 2011, 06:00

This is fantastic news! Great for Dolph! I hope he plays on of the home invaders. If he is headed down to LA, I would think they would have a director, right? I wonder why they haven't released a press release?
MacGyver

Postby Jox on 03 May 2011, 10:15

There was a bit of blitz earlier this year when Dark Castle and After Dark acquired the screenplay, maybe they're more secretive about the project.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 03 May 2011, 17:41

Sounds really good, should be a nice change of pace for Dolph, happy about this one. So that's us got US-4, Small Apartments, Stash-House, The Package, One in the Barrel, TE-2 and perhaps SkinTrade filming this year? I thought Dolph might have taken it easier after last year buy why waste the buzz of TE? At this rate Dolph will be burnt out by June haha.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 04 May 2011, 07:39

Let's hope not (that he'd be burnt out - since TE2 will likely start in the late summer / fall)! But mostly these are supporting roles where he shoots on and off, or a week or two at a time, so it's not like if he did all those back to back as starring films where he has to be on set everyday for 4 months. I could have lived without THE PACKAGE and ONE IN THE CHAMBER (I'm more excited about SMALL APARTMENTS, STASH HOUSE and of course UNISOL 4) but they're more up his alley in the terms of action films what he usually does and what people are used to see him in, and I also have a feeling Dolph needs to make some extra cash this year (INTNOK2 was no doubt made with that purpose, not for the great script or the "chance" to work with mad man Boll) and not that I'm expert in those things but his divorce must cost him a lot.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 04 May 2011, 09:39

His daughters are almost fully grown are they not? And wasn't his wife quite successful before they were even married? If they remained friends after the divorce I can't imagine she'd hit his wallet that hard. I think it's just a case of Dolph re-focusing on his career here... hopefully he'll get a shot again at theatrical work because he still has the charisma for the big screen... and from all the garbage that gets released these days it shouldn't be that hard to find a niche again.

I just wish the bigger studios would give him a shot at stuff like Thor or even bigger medieval fare than INOTK2. I know he's not big into comic/superhero stuff, but these days that's all the studios are putting out!
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 04 May 2011, 10:34

GeneralMcFaiL wrote:His daughters are almost fully grown are they not?
15 and almost 9-10.
And wasn't his wife quite successful before they were even married? If they remained friends after the divorce I can't imagine she'd hit his wallet that hard.
No thankfully I'm sure it's not like that but still, his lawyer must charge more than you and I and he must have a lot more to pay for than his usual bills
I think it's just a case of Dolph re-focusing on his career here... hopefully he'll get a shot again at theatrical work because he still has the charisma for the big screen... and from all the garbage that gets released these days it shouldn't be that hard to find a niche again.

I just wish the bigger studios would give him a shot at stuff like Thor or even bigger medieval fare than INOTK2. I know he's not big into comic/superhero stuff, but these days that's all the studios are putting out!

Yep, well I believe SMALL APARTMENTS and STASH HOUSE have good chances to get theatrical and even if modest releases it's all win win for him if he shines in his roles which I'm sure he will (+ they're not the run of the mill stuff people expect him to appear in so it's gonna be even more surprising).

Again, I hope he makes a good viking or middle ages knight movie someday! Or a good part in something like THE EAGLE wouldn't be too shabby.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 04 May 2011, 17:02

Small Apartments interests me the most, because of the cast, plot and director. Plus, Dolphs part seems like it could be a standout role. Stash House sounds promising too. Not so much the plot, but because with Silver and Zemeckis behind it, it will have a reasonable budget. It's not gonna be high end I know, but could be a theatrical release. I'd say chances on that are good. Sounds as if he'll be a bad guy. Hopefully the main bad guy.
I agree with Jox, that Package and One In The Chamber don't get the pulse racing, but even so, compared to his DTV films, before TE, it's interesting to see him with name co-stars. They're not gonna be great films, but if they at least deliver a decent DTV effort, they'll be worth watching and could well be nice stop gaps whilst waiting for his better gigs to get released.

Unisol 4 I can't wait for. I think what Hyams wants, and given what he delivered with the previous film, we're in for a treat. Hopefully D's role is bigger this time.

After such disappointment with him following up TE with a Uwe Boll film, finally we're seeing the interesting offers coming his way. At least he's back on the radar again. The level of DTVs has kind of gone up a little. Good co-stars, and headlining a fairly well known theatrical film for Boll (well known for the wrong reasons sadly) based on a popular product. It's really great that someone in the indie world has taken the chance on him and that he's accepted.

I'd say he's got a very good mix of paycheque gigs, potential surprises and interesting roles on his slate. Can' wait to see them all.
Tom
Regular

Postby savagesketch on 04 May 2011, 18:28

Wow, these are gonna be a busy few months for Dolph... My guess is that each project will be about five days to two weeks or so shooting, and then he'll be on to the next (if that even). I've heard of some productions where the "name" stars got their cameo scenes shot over the course of 1-2 days even, so I'm really not expecting much from ONE IN THE CHAMBER, THE PACKAGE, ITNOK2, or even SMALL APARTMENTS for that matter...

What surprises me is that Dolph was not approached for one of the supporting roles in THOR. I know Ray Stevenson and Idris Elba both play viking/Norse gods of some kind... I think they'll do well, but it would have certainly been cool to see DL in one of these roles, which no doubt would have brought a ton of hype to the production, not to mention release...
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 04 May 2011, 18:37

On SMALL APARTMENTS he was on and off over the course of 3 or 4 weeks. When doing STASH HOUSE in Louisiana and depending how big his part is, I guess he'll be able to balance between filming days and prepping for UNISOL 4 which he has 6 days on to actually shoot. As for THE PACKAGE I think it's one week and two weeks for ONE IN THE CHAMBER. These are not "cameos", they're bigger than that even though they are not starring roles, but a cameo is smaller than this if I got it right.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 05 May 2011, 07:02

So if he's one of the main roles in both THE PACKAGE and ONE IN THE CHAMBER, and will only be there for 2-3 weeks, I think it's safe to say that these are not the most high quality productions... But then again, I think we already knew that... Quick shoots, especially within and around Europe seems pretty common with DTV action titles...
savagesketch

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies