THE LAST PATROL / THE LAST WARRIOR (Sheldon Lettich, 1999)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE LAST PATROL / THE LAST WARRIOR (Sheldon Lettich, 199

Postby Jox on 11 Apr 2012, 23:32

THE LAST PATROL isn't that bad and not even Dolph's worst. The worst is the writing and some of the characters (The writers/exec producers came from soap opera, thought they were making a pilot for a TV series and wouldn't let anyone touch their "brilliant" script and dialogs). Despite how badly it's brought up, Dolph's character has some interesting inner conflict and the movie isn't too bad looking thanks to the cinematic Israeli desert. I'm one of the few who don't spit on THE LAST PATROL and I claim it haha! :mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby hansson55 on 12 Apr 2012, 00:27

Don't understand why so many people dislikes this movie, I like it! :)
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby Ceana on 12 Apr 2012, 00:34

gearsofwar3 wrote:Am i the only one who thinks The Last Patrol isn't that bad i actually like Dolph's character in this movie.

Yes, his character was likeable, but that's pretty much always the case when it comes to his movies. Doesn't help though with the really bad dialogue, no character development etc

dolphage wrote:You must be joking. It's not only the worst movie Dolph has ever made, it's the worst movie that has ever been made anywhere by anyone.

That spot fills 'Pathfinder' for me. First time at the movies when I actually wanted my money back.
Ceana

Postby gearsofwar3 on 12 Apr 2012, 03:34

You must be joking. It's not only the worst movie Dolph has ever made, it's the worst movie that has ever been made anywhere by anyone.

To be honest it's almost identical in quality to the student films we used to make at school.

In other words; it's used as an alternative to waterboarding in Americ... sorry, in certain torture camps around the world.

And the fact that you don't like Command Performance... Wow...

Honest, I'm not joking i have seen this movie at least 5 times and i own the DVD, i watch alot of B movies made straight to DVD and believe me i've seen hundreds of movies worst than The Last Patrol, if you want to see the worst movie ever made i suggest you see a movie called Future War :lol:

I never knew this was filmed in the israel desert, the desert is one of the things that brings out life into this movie the location 8)
gearsofwar3

Postby Mosquito on 13 Apr 2012, 00:31

gearsofwar3 wrote:Honest, I'm not joking i have seen this movie at least 5 times and i own the DVD,

You're strange. ;-P
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby gearsofwar3 on 13 Apr 2012, 03:26

Mosquito wrote:
gearsofwar3 wrote:Honest, I'm not joking i have seen this movie at least 5 times and i own the DVD,

You're strange. ;-P

Maybe i just have plenty of time to watch Dolph movies over and over again, i don't know :oops: but i like movies and video games it's one of my hobbies.
gearsofwar3

Postby savagesketch on 13 Apr 2012, 04:49

Safe to say that the late '90's weren't too kind to Dolph... Arguable some of his worst films... The Last Patrol, Jill the Ripper, and Agent Red, all released within the same three-year period. There were some okay ones in there, i.e. Storm Catcher and Bridge of Dragons, but even those had their problems. On the plus side, each film is vastly different from one another, but the final products were, let's face it... bad...

Thankfully, he was able to bounce back and make some better stuff in more recent years. I attribute his lackluster 90's films as one of the reasons why he decided to start directing more of his films. With him in the director's chair, he would have more creative control of his projects and be a little more proud of each film.
savagesketch

Postby Mosquito on 13 Apr 2012, 09:23

gearsofwar3 wrote:Maybe i just have plenty of time to watch Dolph movies over and over again, i don't know :oops: but i like movies and video games it's one of my hobbies.

Haha, don't be embarrassed! It was just a joke. Of course I also own the DVD but I watched it only once and for sure I won't get the bluray version (if there is one). I can't tell you how many times I've watched Red Scorpion although many people would say that it's a very bad movie. I like it a lot as a guilty pleasure. Dolph can be glad that he has so many extremely loyal fans who stay with him over the decades and watch his movies "in good and in bad times". :mrgreen:
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Apr 2012, 09:47

Mosquito wrote:and for sure I won't get the bluray version (if there is one).

There IS a Blu-ray and it comes from Germany (by Splendid Films: EXP, RS - not the worst) so I' command you to get it as a birthday gift to yourself Mosquito! :mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 13 Apr 2012, 23:17

Jox wrote:
Mosquito wrote:and for sure I won't get the bluray version (if there is one).

There IS a Blu-ray and it comes from Germany (by Splendid Films: EXP, RS - not the worst) so I' command you to get it as a birthday gift to yourself Mosquito! :mrgreen:

Uhm... nope, sorry. I'm a huuuuuge fan, but enough is enough. I'd rather buy three different versions of Red Scorpion, Men of War and Dark Angel (each). ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Apr 2012, 23:26

Fair enough these are much more recommandable choices, not to mention for multiple copies haha! :lol:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby gearsofwar3 on 14 Apr 2012, 19:56

I'll buy the blu-ray if it had some extras like behind the scenes, comentary by sheldon and dolph or if any deleted scenes.

My dvd only has a trailer and scene selection.
gearsofwar3

Postby Jox on 15 Apr 2012, 16:26

gearsofwar3 wrote:I'll buy the blu-ray if it had some extras like behind the scenes, comentary by sheldon and dolph or if any deleted scenes.

My dvd only has a trailer and scene selection.

No extras on the blu-ray.

There's a 6 mins behind the scenes featurette (essentially a montage with a quick interventions from Lettich, Sherri Alexander, a couple producers and Israeli cast & crew) on the 1st UK (& Israeli) edition.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 29 May 2012, 17:27

Man, I wish the'd just bury this movie and stop coming out with new versions. There are a bunch of amazing Dolph movies that they could focu on!
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies