ROCKY IV (Sylvester Stallone, 1985)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Terminator on 26 Oct 2004, 21:06

I think so, too, cos firstly he told him to act like this and secondly they all got so much money that one stay week in hospital didn't matter that much. lol
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Dawn on 26 Oct 2004, 22:23

Jox wrote:This incindent was known even before the release of "Rocky IV", so this also probably made "bad/good" publicity for the movie and for Dolph, who was the guy who beat Stallone on a ring. But as far as I know, Sly was resentful toward Dolph about that.

Really? Dolph said in an interview that Sly was cool about that and had no hard feelings.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 27 Oct 2004, 16:22

Yeah, cos they were good partners and then of course the money was another fact that let Sly goin' easily.
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby I Dig Dolph on 29 Oct 2004, 05:15

i read somewhere that Dolph punched Stallone in the stomach and it pushed his diaphram by his heart, and stallone had to be in the hospital for 2 weeks.

Dolph said that it made him feel like a kid not realizing his own strength!
I Dig Dolph

Postby Terminator on 29 Oct 2004, 19:14

Yeah and Sly had a few broken ribs, too!!! O.o
Then it says that Mr. T wasn't that brutal but he looked almost the same when punching hardly.
Terminator
Regular

Postby I Dig Dolph on 30 Oct 2004, 01:15

stallone also said that he liked to fight Dolph the best because Mr.T gave him "rug burns" with his hair! :shock: it was so funny when he said that though!
I Dig Dolph

Postby Terminator on 30 Oct 2004, 15:40

"rug burns"... with "his hair"???? LOL...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Blackjack on 01 Nov 2004, 12:31

i found a very interesting interview about that punch with sly...(unfortunately in german)

"Ich dachte Rocky und Drago hassen sich so stark, dass sie sich wie wildgewordene Amateure gegenseitig die Köpfe einschlagen sollten. Also sagte ich zu Dolph Lundgren, dass er mich vernichten sollte und er tat es auch. Er schlug mich immer wieder und wieder sehr hart, bis ich schreiend 'cut' rief. In der selben Nacht klopfte mein Herz wie wild und es fühlte sich schwerer an. Ich wurde zu einem Arzt gebracht und das nächste was ich wusste war, dass ich für 11 Tage in intensiver Behandlung bin. Einer der Schläge brachte mein Herz zum schwellen und es hörte auf zu schlagen. Da dachte ich mir, das ist echt zuviel." so der Rocky-Darsteller.
Blackjack

New Rocky set will be out in December

Postby Dawn on 06 Nov 2004, 21:30

Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 06 Nov 2004, 21:30

Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Good site with Rocky 4 info

Postby Dawn on 06 Nov 2004, 21:45

check it out, posters, trailers, behind the scenes pics etc: http://www.totalrocky.com/films/rockyiv/
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 13 Nov 2004, 21:43

Jox wrote:This incindent was known even before the release of "Rocky IV", so this also probably made "bad/good" publicity for the movie and for Dolph, who was the guy who beat Stallone on a ring. But as far as I know, Sly was resentful toward Dolph about that.

It's not a publicity, it really done. That's probably the reason why dolph have same gloves than sly in the begining of the movie and smaller gloves than sly after ?!?
shooby

Postby shooby on 13 Nov 2004, 22:47

I'm just reading that :

During filming of the training scenes in Russia (actually shot in Wyoming), Stallone began complaining of chest pains after having gone through the exercise where he pulls the sledge of rocks into the air. A doctor's examination revealed that he'd damaged his heart. Production was shut down for two months in an effort to prevent a possible heart attack.

Some of the fight scenes between Rocky and Drago where real as director Stallone wanted the action to look as authentic as possible. As a result, Dolph Lundgren accidentally broke three of Sly's ribs.
shooby

Postby Dawn on 13 Nov 2004, 23:07

There is 10 other articles that say the damage was done from a punch by Dolph and not the sled. I don't thing the sled story is acurate, that would more likely hurt his back, it would not cause heart damage. Something physically has to obstruct the heart or hit it to cause damage. A punch would cause those problems.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby I Dig Dolph on 24 Dec 2004, 05:22

I'm getting it for Christmas!!!! :lol: :D
I Dig Dolph

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies