THE EXPENDABLES (Sylvester Stallone, 2010)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES (Sylvester Stallone, 2010)

Postby Ivan, Jr. on 14 Dec 2011, 05:36

I just picked up my copy of the blu-ray+ digital copy release of "The Expendables-Extended Director's Cut"( regular price $17.99 USD at Target). I've already downloaded the digit copy to my iTunes to watch anytime I want on my computer. :mrgreen: !
Ivan, Jr.

Postby Jox on 18 Dec 2011, 20:26

Dolph Lundgren gets all the best quips, and everyone else is saddled with groanworthy one-liners from the direct-to-video leftover bin.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/53111/ex ... s-cut-the/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 20 Dec 2011, 21:25

Harry Knowles on the director's cut:
Yeah, I prefer the longer cut. It gives pretty much all the guys more room to breathe as characters. The opening sequence plays better longer. Feels like a battle of some scale now. This next film is looking like it is crazy awesome. At least I hope so. If you’re a fan, you won’t even question the double dip. We did mention there would be an extended cut, so we all kinda knew it was coming. More is better in this film’s case. The film has been completely put back together from scratch. The result is a far better film I feel. I liked the original, but it felt rough, this is a better cut. Sly did great work putting this together. I’ve decided that I’m going to hold on to both versions though.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52338
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on 21 Dec 2011, 13:33

Is it def only being released on Blue Ray?
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Jox on 21 Dec 2011, 14:16

In the US it's only on Blu-ray but the next release, in Germany, is also on DVD (Feb 24).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 21 Dec 2011, 14:59

Joblo posted the shooting script (May 09 draft), that has even more than the director's cut, some of it may or may not have been filmed since Sly was making changes daily

http://www.joblo.com/scripts/expendables.pdf
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 27 Dec 2011, 19:30

Not everybody is in love with the director's cut, but not everybody liked the film anyway
http://collider.com/the-expendables-dir ... ew/133511/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Jan 2012, 15:37

http://www.avforums.com/movies/The-Expe ... movie.html
Of course Dolph Ludgren was the real star of the show for me, the real surprise. Even on the theatrical run he stood out; he’s an actor who I’d heard was actually quite adept at making competent, efficient action films, albeit on DTV – and of a far higher standard than the likes I was used to enduring from my own personal favourite action star, Steven Seagal. And yet because I wasn’t Dolph’s biggest follower (beyond Universal Soldier), I didn’t really realise what he was capable of. Both Universal Soldier: Regeneration and The Expendables changed that. His characters in both films just had more depth and layers to them than many of the other cardboard cut-out heroes, like he had actually put some thought into the role.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Jan 2012, 15:48

http://www.avforums.com/movies/The-Expe ... movie.html
Of course Dolph Ludgren was the real star of the show for me, the real surprise. Even on the theatrical run he stood out; he’s an actor who I’d heard was actually quite adept at making competent, efficient action films, albeit on DTV – and of a far higher standard than the likes I was used to enduring from my own personal favourite action star, Steven Seagal. And yet because I wasn’t Dolph’s biggest follower (beyond Universal Soldier), I didn’t really realise what he was capable of. Both Universal Soldier: Regeneration and The Expendables changed that. His characters in both films just had more depth and layers to them than many of the other cardboard cut-out heroes, like he had actually put some thought into the role.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 24 Feb 2012, 11:56

Nikolai Cherenco

Postby Jox on 25 May 2012, 21:15

Toys ‘R’ Us exclusive Expendables figures

Diamond Select Toys:
"This summer will bring two four-packs of 2-inch minifigures, one exclusively at comic shops and specialty stores, the other exclusively at Toys “R” Us. Specialty will get Lee Christmas, Hale Caesar, Mr. Church and Tool, while TRU will get Barney Ross, Trent Mauser, James Munroe and Paine. Don’t see your favorite Expendables team member? Well, there will be two more sets coming out this fall with the rest of the team, plus a few of the movie’s new villains! We’ll reveal those soon, but look for the first two sets in early June!"

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 29 May 2012, 16:14

How sick is that. These are clearly kids toys. Doesn't the movie have an R rating? Do they want the kids to watch it anyways?
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 26 Jun 2012, 11:02

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-es ... ght-341493
Sylvester Stallone Defeats Lawsuit Claiming 'The Expendables' Was Ripped Off
A judge grants the writer-director's motion to dismiss allegations he stole a copyrighted script to craft his 2010 action film.

Sylvester Stallone has delivered a knockout punch to an author who claimed to be the real writer behind The Expendables.

Marcus Webb sued Stallone last October and claimed that the 2010 film was "strikingly similar" to his own copyrighted work, from the opening sequence to the plot to the character of the villain.

But a judge has ruled his claims to be expandable, tossing the lawsuit on summary judgment on Monday.
Webb's own script was called The Cordoba Caper about "a team of elite, highly-trained mercenaries" and the author said that Stallone and co-writer David Callaham may have had access since it was shopped around Hollywood for several years late last decade.

Stallone denied the charges.

In a motion to dismiss, Stallone's lawyers pointed out that Webb wrote his script after Callaham had already written three drafts of the screenplay and that Webb had no information that Stallone or Callaham had ever seen Cordoba.

The judge was also urged to grant a motion to dismiss because the alleged similarities were merely ideas and that the overall concept and feel of the two works was vastly different. The Expendables is classic action, wrote Tom Perber and James Janowitz at Pryor Cashman , while Webb's script was a complex caper.
Judge Jed Rakoff apparently agrees the claims are meritless. On Monday, he wrote a short order that grants defendants' motion "in all respects," promising a fuller written opinion soon.

Millennium Films, Nu Image Films and Lions Gate were co-defendants in the case.
According to court papers, Callaham developed the script for Warner Bros. before Stallone saw it, got Nu Image to acquire it. Once in Stallone's hands, the script dropped subplots, characters, and scenes so as to be as action-oriented as possible and had characters renamed to be Paine, General Garza, and Lee Christmas so as to be memorable.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 10 Jul 2012, 18:59

shooby

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies