New Official DL Facebook page!

Have some suggestions on how to improve the site? Any feedback on the site? Post it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: New Official DL Facebook page!

Postby Jox on 22 Jul 2012, 16:02

Just ask a good question and send it by private message to Dolph's FB page or on the wall! If you're question is selected it will be sent tout to him to answer and then posted on the page (might not be right away) ;)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 22 Jul 2012, 17:00

Kind of question I will ask him : "After Chuck, if producers are given you the opportunity to shoot your own TV show whiwh you are the main character, do you accept and what will be the concept of that show ? And do you appear in the Expendable TV serie version ? "

I'd like to ask him if he continue to speak some langage like german, japanese or french but I don't think I've a answer
shooby

Postby dolphage on 22 Jul 2012, 20:19

shooby wrote:I'd like to ask him if he continue to speak some langage like german, japanese or french but I don't think I've a answer

I always got the impression that his language skills were quite exaggerated, but I remember a few years back he got som (to me) pretty tricky questions in the field of Chemistry and he passed them all.

I say that the questions were tricky "to me" but them again I am a complete idiot when it comes to Chemistry.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby shooby on 22 Jul 2012, 21:23

I don't think it was exagereated. I remember an interview who was done with a french journalist. She said in her comment that Dolph spoke french very well
shooby

Postby Jox on 22 Jul 2012, 21:40

It is exaggerated, sometimes journalists wrote that because it's been written in presskits since ROCKY IV or they're impressed because he knows more than most celebrities that's all. Yes, he knows a few catch phrases and sentences but he's not fluent (didn't say more than "how are you doing" with me). I think he speaks more German than French...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 22 Jul 2012, 22:04

I've seen him in a German sports TV show promoting Rocky IV. That was a looooooong time ago and it seems that unfortunately no-one has put it on youtube yet. But if I remember correctly I was very impressed by his German language skills back then - the Interview was in German. He slipped in some Italian words and apologized saying that he just came from Italy promoting the movie and was a bit confused with all the languages.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 23 Jul 2012, 11:53

And what do you think about the question ?
shooby

Postby dolphage on 23 Jul 2012, 17:44

shooby wrote:And what do you think about the question ?

Well, I think the question of what it would take for him to do television is interesting because last time he did a pilot (Black Jack, I think) it was not impressive to star on a TV show but these days the better shows on HBO or ShowTime are held in high regard.

It could be nice with a steady gig for him and then to make a movie or two in the "break" from the show, like some TV stars do.

I would prefer him to be a huge movie star though...
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 23 Jul 2012, 18:55

shooby wrote:And what do you think about the question ?

Yeah that's a good one, I can already tell you that's been developing a TV series he told me about 2 years ago comparing it to some kind of "Magnum PI". I think he's had other TV series projects but they've never seen the day and it's heavier to set up compared to a "one time" feature. He probably prefers movies too. If he did a TV series it should be something that he's offered from a good team like HBO or whoever did "Sons of Anarchy", "The Shield", "24" etc I don't know what's good out there these days. Even in a drama series he'd be good. It's too bad the one time he's been called was for a family oriented not so funny show like "Chuck"...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 25 Jul 2012, 10:37

Nice to see my work gets noticed and is starting paying off:
http://bzfilm.com/articles-notes/an-ins ... -facebook/

Since the launch of the new FB page last september/october it's gonna hit the 30,000 fans mark in the next few days (13,500 on Twitter).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 25 Jul 2012, 12:34

Jox wrote:Nice to see my work gets noticed and is starting paying off:
http://bzfilm.com/articles-notes/an-ins ... -facebook/

Since the launch of the new FB page last september/october it's gonna hit the 30,000 fans mark in the next few days (13,500 on Twitter).

Good for you man!
Your work is really extraordinary. Dolph (and us fans) are lucky to have you.
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 25 Jul 2012, 20:31

Thank you really, Preacher, you made my day! I know you all appreciate my work here but it's really good to hear these words once in a while. 8)

Because I often beat myself up wishing I'd do even better or banging my head when I can't release or try to resolve issues for some of the better stuff I got in the can for you guys... ;)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 26 Jul 2012, 00:52

Jox wrote:... when I can't release or try to resolve issues for some of the better stuff I got in the can for you guys... ;)

Oh, you big tease you! :)
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 25 Oct 2012, 11:07

FAN QUESTION OF THE DAY (from Trynyty):
• "Has there ever been a movie role you heard about that you stared at the phone, hoping they would call you for?"

Well, I wasn't waiting because I was busy, but there was a role in a film called NOAH (directed by Darren Aronofsky) last year, that I was hopping they were gonna call me. I was filming and I was interested in a role: it was a film with Russell Crowe.
/Dolph
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Web Site Discussion