WITHOUT YOU I'M NOTHING (DL?, 2012-2017) (status unknown)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: WITHOUT YOU I'M NOTHING (Alfredo de Villa, 2013) (pre-pr

Postby Jox on 17 Aug 2012, 17:18

I wish Dolph was in COPLAND! I'd love to see him in Sly's role or similar...

As far as wasting time goes, stuff like ITOTK2 is a waste of time but this kind of work can only solidify his confidence with his acting and will always have its pay off in the long term I think. And if it doesn't go anywhere, few people would have seen it so nobody would care, it would be a bigger embarrassment to do a crappy silly role in a bad bigger movie. When Dolph moved from LA to NY in 94-95 he took some time to do some theater and performed in small one-act plays off-Broadway, would you have said it was a bad move back then or now, did it hurt him or prevent him of pursue his film career?

Let's see how this goes, it's not even shot yet, but whether it's this or SMALL APARTMENTS, and whether the quality or success is there or not, I'm glad he takes his chances with this kind of projects.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 17 Aug 2012, 17:44

There's no telling if it hurt Dolph's career moving to NY, doing some theater. He wanted to be a legitimate actor, but doing theater is not the only way of learing how to act, they have plenty of acting classes in L.A. to.

But since you ask, yes it probably did hurt his career. Trying to be a Hollywood A-lister while not living anywhere near L.A. is quite difficult.

"Without you..." COULD be a great thing for DL but A LOT of stuff has to come together for it to be.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 17 Aug 2012, 19:35

dolphage wrote:There's no telling if it hurt Dolph's career moving to NY, doing some theater. He wanted to be a legitimate actor, but doing theater is not the only way of learing how to act, they have plenty of acting classes in L.A. to.

But since you ask, yes it probably did hurt his career. Trying to be a Hollywood A-lister while not living anywhere near L.A. is quite difficult.

That was without mentioning he's always been taking classes in LA and working with coaches, even last year. He did not move to NY for the theater, he moved because his then new wife hated LA. But really I don't think that doing theater for a few months hurt his career, moving away from LA, being less focus on his career and making certain choices probably did, and then he still managed not only to maintain his career but to keep it at a certain level, even at his lowest point (late 90s early 2000s). and to a certain extent I think his acting and confidence still grew a little bit after that, with ups and downs depending on the projects, but from SILENT TRIGGER to HIDDEN AGENDA, he was trying show new facets as an actor whether it was in SWEEPERS, BLACKJACK or JILL RIPS...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 17 Aug 2012, 22:30

If Dolph maintains the amount of films he's shot in the last couple of years, over the next few then I'm happy to see a few indie gambles thrown in like this. I'd love a mix. I mean I want to see Dolph as lead too so a few DTV paycheque gigs I'm happy with too, as long as he steers clear of total stinkers like ITNOTK2. Battle Of The Damned is something that could be good fun, so a few more risks like that would be nice.

Ideal world too, he'll have parts in big theatrical films as well. We'll see. I do think with Exp 2 and One In The Chamber, as well as Small Apartments, he's been getting decent reviews for his performances, particularly on the comedic level. I think he'd actually make a good comedy character actor. I mean Dolph would actually be fantastic having a role in something like The Hangover or similar. Even in the last year with all the little skits D has appeared on like Funny or Die etc, he's shown good comedic timing. It would be great to see him branch out. I also think with his profile as it is, a lot of these guy comedies like Hangover or whatever, or something with Will Ferrell, could actively seek him for a part. He'd be awesome in something like that.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 20 Aug 2012, 19:27

http://www.screendaily.com/news/pre-pro ... tentID=276
Pre-production starts on Rainstorm Entertainment's Without You I'm Nothing

Alfredo de Villa’s drama stars Dolph Lundgren [pictured] in the lead role.

Rainstorm Entertainment have announced that pre-production has started on Without You I’m Nothing, starring Dolph Lundgren.

Alfredo de Villa’s drama stars Lundgren as millionaire/convicted felon George Cochrane who runs a successful real estate business as cover for an underground drug trade. Cochrane soon becomes involved with an ex-inmate and falls for a stripper (played by the film’s writer Robin Bain) as his criminal business is put in a compromising position.

Without You I’m Nothing is scheduled for release in 2013, and also stars professional wrestlers Shawn Hernandez and Matt Barela.

This is a totally different take on the plot making it sound like this is more than just a cameo for Dolph...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 20 Aug 2012, 22:13

Perhaps they've extended Dolph's role because he's willing to invest more time in it, and also so they can sell the movie easier. It certainly sounds more interesting now than it did before.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 21 Aug 2012, 00:05

I don't think they changed anything for Dolph who loved the script so much, he sure brings star value to the project and they seem thrilled to have him (he was their first choice from what he told me), it's just how Screendaily presents it differently, so I don't know if this version of the story can be taken literally or if it's twisted backwards a bit to make it sound like a DL vehicle...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 21 Aug 2012, 12:34

This is the plot on the wikipedia page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Without_Yo ... (2013_film)
Without You I’m Nothing is the story of a millionaire/convicted felon, George Cochrane (Lundgren), who uses his successful real estate business as a cover for an even more successful underground drug trade. George connects with Anthony Martin, a washed-up musician he met in federal prison ten years prior, and initiates him into his crime family. Anthony lives the good life, courtesy of George, until he meets and falls for an emotionally damaged woman, Tina Anderson (Bain). Caught up in pills, lies and sex, Anthony and Tina latch onto each other in a poisonous, co-dependent bond, a bond that is put to the test when George’s criminal empire is put in a compromising position.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Sep 2012, 21:51

Hummm, all traces of Dolph being in the movie have been erased from the WYIN FB page, something must have come up...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Ivan, Jr. on 14 Sep 2012, 04:22

Tom wrote:If Dolph maintains the amount of films he's shot in the last couple of years, over the next few then I'm happy to see a few indie gambles thrown in like this. I'd love a mix. I mean I want to see Dolph as lead too so a few DTV paycheque gigs I'm happy with too, as long as he steers clear of total stinkers like ITNOTK2. Battle Of The Damned is something that could be good fun, so a few more risks like that would be nice.

Ideal world too, he'll have parts in big theatrical films as well. We'll see. I do think with Exp 2 and One In The Chamber, as well as Small Apartments, he's been getting decent reviews for his performances, particularly on the comedic level. I think he'd actually make a good comedy character actor. I mean Dolph would actually be fantastic having a role in something like The Hangover or similar. Even in the last year with all the little skits D has appeared on like Funny or Die etc, he's shown good comedic timing. It would be great to see him branch out. I also think with his profile as it is, a lot of these guy comedies like Hangover or whatever, or something with Will Ferrell, could actively seek him for a part. He'd be awesome in something like that.

I think Dolph would be great in an action/comedy role-Like Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson did in "The Rundown". He was funny in the Funny Or Die Hangover spoof and in both the promos for the Race To The Scene show he is getting ready to host. He's always been humble and has a great sense of humor. I've read that he said the only problem he had playing Ivan Drago in Rocky 4 was not being allowed to laugh or smile on camera for the whole shoot!
Ivan, Jr.

Postby dolphage on 14 Sep 2012, 12:18

Jox wrote:Hummm, all traces of Dolph being in the movie have been erased from the WYIN FB page, something must have come up...

YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!

I hope that when he gets to do a drama film it will be something high profile with a bigger director and co-stars than this thing.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby savagesketch on 15 Sep 2012, 00:42

While I can see why he would jump at a small indie role like this, I'm glad it seems to have fallen through... This just didn't seem like the right project, let alone the right role for Dolph. When reading the synopsis, it sounded like a role for Tom Sizemore...

I wonder why his name has suddenly been taken off... What happened? This is a weird business... :D
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 15 Sep 2012, 12:24

You guys seem to know a lot of that this project and what it will end up...
What happened? This is a weird business...

Deal gone wrong, schedule change and issues, who knows... What I know is that Dolph was their first choice, the writer/lead actress wanted him for the part.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 17 Sep 2012, 00:31

I dunno if many people would have seen this film regardless... I think it would have been a poor choice of follow up for D man after ex2... he needs to attach himself to something bigger.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 17 Sep 2012, 01:39

That's not good enough of a criteria for me. He sure hasn't accepted this one to make money or break box-office records but that's fine. Let him do something like this once in a while (and rather a hardcore drama than a comedy), I think it's worse when to make top bottom cheap action flicks that he knows from the get go it's gonna be terrible. Just saw William Friedkin's KILLER JOE, it's a small NC-17 drama that won't be seen by many but sure makes an impact, and was shown in all the big festivals like Venice (won an award), Toronto, Sitges, SXSW... Had he been in it I'm sure something good would have come out of it, and what a punch in the face! From what he told me WYIN would have been in that vein.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News / Rumors