"SAF3" (various directors, 2013-2014, TV series)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

"SAF3" (various directors, 2013-2014, TV series)

Postby viendammage on 09 Oct 2012, 03:01

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/dolph-l ... ore-349976

Dolph is headed to the syndicated small screen! Following in the footsteps of Adrian Paul/Highlander, Kevin Sorbo/Hercules and Andromeda and Michael Biehn/Adventure, Inc Dolph will play team leader to an elite rescue squad in California. It's pretty surprising they gave it a two year commitment, probably had to be large scale to entice Dolph to commit.

Not sure how I feel about Dolph being the David Hasselhoff leader of a Baywatch type show of young, model types.
I kick ass, or kiss ass... and I'm busting heads! http://viendammage.blogspot.com/
viendammage

Re: New TV Show - Rescue 3

Postby bomaz on 09 Oct 2012, 09:11

Well, if the part is okay (a reluctant firefighter ... sounds quite okay) and if the show is not lame or cheesy, it can be interesting. Even if the writers behind the show aren't the best news on earth (Baywatch lasted a long time, but it wasn't the greatest show ever).
bomaz

Re: New TV Show - "Rescue 3"

Postby Jox on 09 Oct 2012, 09:59

Hummm...

The good news is that Jim and John Thomas (the writers of PREDATOR, EXECUTIVE DECISION and MISSION TO MARS), will co-write the show.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... une-377285
"We are very happy that first-run scripted programming is back in syndication. Rescue 3 will definitely be a success for our stations," Tribune president of programming and entertainment Sean Compton said.

"Dolph Lundgren brings an impressive body of film work into this, his first television series, which capitalizes on his enormous popularity worldwide. I am excited and honored to be working alongside Dolph and can't think of a better person to lead our team both on- and off-camera," Emmett/Furla co-founder Gregory J. Bonann said.

Engine-Sierra and Aldamisa International are handling international sales worldwide.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: New TV Series - "Rescue 3"

Postby Tom on 09 Oct 2012, 11:58

I hope this is more on the quality level of 24 rather than cheesier fare like Baywatch and hopefully with better production than Seagal's show. It'd be great for Dolph to get the sort of second coming that someone like Kiefer Sutherland got from TV. If it also gives him a chance to stretch as an actor that's good.
We'll see. But I think there's great potential for Dolph to lead a TV show. He could hit it bigger than he will in film at the moment. Plus he can be the headliner.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 09 Oct 2012, 12:18

Tom wrote:I hope this is more on the quality level of 24 rather than cheesier fare like Baywatch

Me too but I guess not if it's a syndicated show aimed for mainstream and more family oriented. For a more adult-themed show like 24, SONS OF ANARCHY or THE WIRE you'd either need a big studio behind it or a channel like HBO...

In January 2010, Dolph had told me about a TV series in development that he described more as a MAGNUM PI type show, I don't know if they changed the concept or if it's a totally different one (but he had not say anything about it until I saw the news this morning)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 09 Oct 2012, 13:44

You gotta be shitting me...

"Reculcant firefighter" in a family friendly TV show, following in the footsteps of Adrian Paul and Kevin Sorbo?!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

What is the Big Guy doing?! After The Expendables he's done Stash House, a stunt recreation TV show and now this...

The TV rennnaisance only really applies to the uncensored realms of cable television. Network shows are still as shit as they ever were.

WHY?

Jox, please talk to him... Pick up the red phone (like in the Batman TV show) wich connects straight to Dolph's Man cave and say: "CODE RED, ABORT THE ATTEMPT AT SABOTAGING YOUR CAREER!"
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 09 Oct 2012, 14:02

dolphage wrote:Jox, please talk to him... Pick up the red phone (like in the Batman TV show) wich connects straight to Dolph's Man cave and say: "CODE RED, ABORT THE ATTEMPT AT SABOTAGING YOUR CAREER!"

I so f***ing wish... It's easier to badmouth projects with him once they're done, last time I was like "why??!" I'm not sure what was going through the back of his mind but well I felt it wasn't what he wanted to hear (and he probably knew and agreed it was a bad move but it probably wouldn't help to keep telling him)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 09 Oct 2012, 14:09

Yeah, I understand. It's just so frustrating, I mean this is my (our) hero and he's making the wrong decisions. It's painful.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 09 Oct 2012, 14:11

He's also not hanging in the right circles (Emmett & Furla used to produce stuff for Nu Image and I doubt his agent and manager are pushing for him to get in more serious shows, although the producers of those shows might laugh at the idea of casting him too)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 09 Oct 2012, 14:19

I always felt he's management was off. I understand that he's not going to get cast in the next big Oscar winning drama but the idea has to be to have some quality control and to strive for better an d beter parts... The reality is that it seems more like a quick cash plan.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Krom on 09 Oct 2012, 14:25

If this is a quality tv show then it's better than a DTV movie, more audience and more entertainment. I'm into tv series since 2005's "The 4400", then Lost, Prison Break, FRINGE, and then i became a fan of the classic Star Trek and such. I think that the quality TV it's better than any DTV B movie production.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Jox on 09 Oct 2012, 14:52

Not with a concept like that and when you know it's produced by the producer of BAYWATCH for a low end channel.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 10 Oct 2012, 02:53

Which stations does Tribune actually cover.. .are we talking alike USA net./TNT/TBS or one of the bigger networks like CBS/ABC/NBC here in the states?

..not gonna lie.. .cheesy or not if it's got the boys behind Predator writing it maybe it won't be so terrible even with a Baywatch producer behind it... and getting to see Dolph on T.V. once a week won't be such a bad proposition either.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 10 Oct 2012, 23:02

http://www.tower18.tv/

You can find out that the producer Gregory J. Bonann has been an awarded lifeguard himself and all his shows are set around the sea...

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 10 Oct 2012, 23:44

dolphage wrote:You gotta be shitting me...

"Reculcant firefighter" in a family friendly TV show, following in the footsteps of Adrian Paul and Kevin Sorbo?!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

That's what I was thinking when I read that.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies