WITHOUT YOU I'M NOTHING (DL?, 2012-2017) (status unknown)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: WITHOUT YOU I'M NOTHING (Alfredo de Villa, 2013) (pre-pr

Postby dolphage on 17 Sep 2012, 12:05

Killer Joe is a huge movie compared to what WYIN would have been. If Dolph would have been cast in that we would all be ecstatic! The guy who directed "The French Connection" and "12 Angry Men"! And a supporting cast like that! I would have cut off my right AND middle arm to give the Big Guy that opportunity!

WYIM seems like a gamble with about an 80% chance of failing to acheive what it sets out to acheive, to me.

But we will see in a few years how it turned out (if it turns out at all).
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 17 Sep 2012, 23:47

Hm, you know I pray to Dolph at my personal shrine every day, but I'm not sure if serious drama is something he'd be good at. Hero? Yes! Mania? Hell, yeah! Fool? Yes, seems so, too! Torn and beaten character? Hm...

I disliked the title WYIMN from the beginning, it sounds really cheesy. So I'm glad he's out, sorry.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 18 Sep 2012, 00:40

He's already proven he'd be good at drama when given good direction, have you forgotten this? (and I can quote more examples)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y939Fqt3xs&t=3m56s
Mosquito wrote:Torn and beaten character? Hm...

JILL RIPS whether you like the movie or not. One of his performance... in a drama as a torn and beat up character.

Why am I always alone here, someone back me up?!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Ivan, Jr. on 18 Sep 2012, 05:29

I got your back, Jox! I just watched "Jill Rips" again a few months ago and was one again impressed with Dolph's acting performance. He has said he became an action movie star before he really had a chance to be an actor. I hope he finds the right script to finally flex his dramatic acting muscles again.
Ivan, Jr.

Postby Nathan on 18 Sep 2012, 20:06

Personally, to me, this sounded like a cheap TV movie or something, it could have been an indie instant success. But regardless of that, I actually wanted to see him do a drama and was happy when he finally signed on to one. It's just unfortunate that all the good projects seem to have gone to the wall - Repeater, WYIN, even the Conan role woulda been great for him.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Re: UNTITLED SEPTEMBER DRAMA

Postby shooby on 21 Oct 2012, 16:27

Jox wrote:Yeah, and we shall first see him soon in a quirky comedy with SMALL APARTMENTS when it finally gets released.

I haven't yet had the opportunity to see SmallAppartements at the moment. I don't even think it is available in France
shooby

Postby Jox on 21 Oct 2012, 17:01

No, it hasn't come out anywhere in the world yet! It only screened once at a festival last Spring. But it will come out in the U.S. in early 2013 and probably elsewhere since Sony picked up most international rights.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 01 Nov 2012, 20:15

Actually this is still happening, but not yet...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 02 Nov 2012, 12:53

Jox wrote:Actually this is still happening, but not yet...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 07 Nov 2012, 16:22

This sounds really interesting. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
leigh1975

Re: WITHOUT YOU I'M NOTHING (2013) (announced)

Postby Jox on 30 Jan 2013, 11:21

You have a movie coming up called Without You I'm Nothing. That's a little bit different than what we're used to seeing...

Dolph Lundgren: Yeah, that is quite different. I am looking for a few other things. I want to show some different colors. To do movies where you blow everyone away, and you walk around with a big machine gun...Its cool, but once you do The Expendables, you can't get much bigger than that on the action front. I'm looking for various other films, were I can fit in, but it's a different genre, and a different tone. This one is written by a girl that is an actress, and she did a lot of research on strippers. She wrote a film that is about your classic American dream girl who comes to Los Angeles, to make it as a stripper...She makes it through the ups and the downs, and the bad stuff...But it is interesting. It opens up this world I knew nothing about. Its one thing watching somebody on the pole, or whatever, but when you find out how they live their life, that is quite different. It was quite a good, dramatic, sensitive script. She came to me. She wrote a part for me in it. I ended up being a partner on the film, because she had some problems getting it made. I will probably produce it, which is cool. Because its different. Its very different from Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusive- ... -reckoning
Jox
Site Admin

Postby leigh1975 on 30 Jan 2013, 20:58

I'm really intrigued by this one. Sounds like a true change of pace... the Small Apartments seems a bit like a gimmick role, albeit a great gimmick role. Also nice to see Dolph really gets behind smaller projects behind the scenes and supports the talent. When does this shoot?
leigh1975

Postby Jox on 30 Jan 2013, 21:41

Start date has been on and off so I don't know, maybe March but I wouldn't take it for granted.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby leigh1975 on 05 Mar 2013, 17:27

Jox wrote:Start date has been on and off so I don't know, maybe March but I wouldn't take it for granted.

Any more movement on this? Sounds like it could be an interesting little indie movie, not unlike Boogie Nights. Plus, it's exactly the sort of challenge Dolph is open in saying he wants to try aside from just generic action roles.
leigh1975

Postby Jox on 05 Mar 2013, 17:38

From what I gather, there's been some rewrites going on, the original producers dropped out and Dolph stepped in to produce with his manager Craig Baumgarten (producer on the UNISOL movies), but with the current schedule it's likely not gonna happen before the end of the year.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News / Rumors