Best Dolph Lundgren fights?

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Best Dolph fights?

Rocky 4
29%
Punisher
7%
Showdown In Little Tokyo
25%
Universal Soldier
25%
Army Of One
4%
Men Of War
4%
Bridge Of Dragons
4%
Hidden Agenda
4%

Total votes : 28

Postby shooby on 26 Mar 2004, 20:17

rocky's fight are good (dolph send sly at the hospital as you probably know), but there's us and showdown too
shooby

Re: Best Dolph Lundgren fights?

Postby MALCOLM XERXES™ on 24 Apr 2004, 04:09

Tom wrote:Which film do you think has the best fight scene Dolph has done.
TOM,

My favourite screen fights featuring MR. DOLPH LUNDGREN have been in THE PUNISHER™ (1989).

Aside from the fact that MR. LUNDGREN executes his fight choreography very well, what he understands is that THE PUNISHER™ is a hero not because his is the eponymous role in the picture, but because THE PUNISHER™ does not give up in the face of adversity: in fact, he takes several savage beatings from women & men alike in that film, & endures protracted physical & psychological torture, in addition to being shot, stabbed & blown up, all this while suffering sleep deprivation due to nightmares about the murders of his family on the orders of GIANNI FRANCO.

What is even more impressive about MR. LUNDGREN’S work as THE PUNISHER™ is that unlike lesser actors & so-called “action stars”, whenever THE PUNISHER™ sustains an injury, he carries it with him into the following scenes & the remainder of the film.

I am also very impressed by MR. LUNDGREN’S fight work in MEN OF WAR™ & UNIVERSAL SOLDIER™, although for different reasons.
[url=http://www.malcolmxerxes.com]"...Be seeing you!" MALCOLM XERXES FINNEGAN’S SQUAD™
Image[/url]
MALCOLM XERXES™

Postby shooby on 04 May 2004, 18:20

Where is "IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING" MALCOLM XERXES, I don't know it ?
shooby

Postby Sniper1 on 07 May 2004, 07:52

Ok team rocky 4 was good but I like to see a bit of leg action to DL looks mean when hes thowing kicks up around someones head. So I have to go for universal soldier I know it dosent have the most matial arts in it but what moves are thown are worth watching. Plus I think Dolph plays a very good bad guy :evil: . As well as a great hero to 8)
You can run but youll only die tired
Sniper1

Postby EinarGe on 07 May 2004, 18:33

In the poll there is one fighting scene that is missing, opening scene of Black Jack. In that scene he beats a few guys with the help of a few cards. In my opinion that is the best fight scene I've ever seen.

EinarGe
www.dolph.tk - an fanclub from Iceland
http://www.petitiononline.com/dolph/ - Dolph as president of Iceland... please sign
EinarGe

Postby shooby on 18 May 2004, 15:03

EinarGe wrote:In the poll there is one fighting scene that is missing, opening scene of Black Jack. In that scene he beats a few guys with the help of a few cards. In my opinion that is the best fight scene I've ever seen.

EinarGe

And it's a original fight scene too. But it's not the only fight scene of the movie
shooby

Postby Kenner on 30 May 2004, 18:59

Mosquito wrote:I think Showdown has the best. Especially the one at the very beginning where he beats up the Yakuza without spilling a drop of tea from the cup he is holding during the whole fight. ;-)

Of course Men Of War has nice fights with fists and guns and the shootout in Army Of One is great but martial arts look nicer and more elegant.

Mosquito, I must agree with you. The scene where Det. Kenner beats up the Yakuza guys with the coffee cup is marvelous! I still haven't seen as sophisticated fight scene in a movie :D
Go Dolph!
There must be at least nine guys in there!
Brandon Lee - in Showdown in Little Tokyo
Kenner

Hi everybody!

Postby sgt. kenner on 30 May 2004, 20:14

In my opinion, there is no ONE ultimate fight-scene with Dolph.

Most of them are as awesome as they get!

The one with the coffee-cup in Showdown does however bring tears to my eyes and a smile on my face...
-Kenner! There must be nine guys in there!
sgt. kenner

Postby Lindqvist on 07 Mar 2005, 02:49

It cant be Rocky IV, in that movie, It's Dolph that gets a woop ass.
wich is pretty strange...
"Soon, I defeat real champion.."
Lindqvist

which film does have the best martial arts scenes? Top 4

Postby Jean Claude Lundgren on 26 Oct 2005, 11:52

1. I say it is still 'showdown in little tokio', the only film where you can see his 180° near by kick 8)

2. 'bridge of dragons' - really, this movie got kicks!

3. 'direct action' - good fist fights and some low kicks.

4. 'universal soldier' - some fights, one good scene with a high kick

The rest of his career is just bang bang bang bang.

What do you think?

P.S. only martial arts, no boxing!
Jean Claude Lundgren

Postby Moltisanti on 27 Oct 2005, 02:58

Yeah, Lundgren's best martial arts is in most of those films. He didn't do lot in UNIVERSAL SOLDIER, most of his fighting was good old fashioned brute strength in that one. THE PUNISHER gave him the chance to show off some of his skills but SHOWDOWN and BRIDGE have still done the best job.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 27 Oct 2005, 19:56

I thought HIDDEN AGENDA had some nice martial arts moves too.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Simona on 10 Mar 2006, 19:23

SHOWDOWN
Simona
Simona

Postby CorinaDaniela_FanDolph on 11 Nov 2006, 20:37

bridge of dragons
CorinaDaniela_FanDolph

Postby The_Canadian on 12 Nov 2006, 05:17

Screw Bridge of Dragons, The Punisher was my intro to Dolph, and I have yet to see the pure bad-ass-esity of it beaten. (Showdown Came DAMN close, though).

Oh, and the martial arts were his best there too. Showdown had some akward staging, while The Punisher was all out awesome.
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies